Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

They're so cute. This despite the fact that there is NO evidence in my Twitter feed of what he just claimed. In fact, I think I've only ever posted about OSC in my Twitter feed 3-4 times.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
I'm sure he'll get unbanned if he wants, reddit won't even ban literal facist hate speech so I doubt they'd ban someone for criticizing a scam game. If he lies and says he got banned because he pissed off SJWs I'm sure the reddit admins will be tripping over themselves to unban him.

Tha_Joker_GAmer fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 13, 2017

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

thatguy posted:

I read all of those words. For sure.

I did while eating lunch, was good stuff, clear points with sources to back them up, no wonder they panic banned him for it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I'm feeling all funny in the downstairs section

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
So wait.

Derek got banned from Reddit, twice?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

trucutru posted:

I'm feeling all funny in the downstairs section

Front door or back?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Kosumo posted:

Is now the right time to ask, when doing it Star Citizen T-Pose style, which is the right way, the male or the female on top? (I need to know so I can let the hooker know for my next role playing session)

Thanks

a2m of course.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DarkRefreshment posted:

Front door or back?

Emergency hatch.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

D_Smart posted:

OK., I captured his final thread. I have no idea what grounds they have for doing that, but hopefully he will appeal it with Reddit.

Reddit admins administrate on three rules:
1) Does it effect our ad revenue or make Reddit look bad?
2) Ignoring everything about everyone on Reddit 'cause it's so much work.
3) Is it actually horrible poo poo that no sane person would tolerate?

In that order. Once you understand these rules Reddit's administration makes sense. That's why actual Nazis and pedos get ignored, until the media start reporting on it.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

trucutru posted:

Emergency hatch.

I'm in, but only if I can clip through your emergency hatch before my nether region client crashes to desktop.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Greetings citizens!
Here we are for another round of 3.0.0 and Global Progress Schedules!
3.0.0 Progress Watch
This week has been a quite difficult one to build the Progress Watch. There has been a lot of changes, but the texts and the images often contradict each other. I usually use the images as they are more accurate, but this time I think some images have not been properly updated, so I relied on the text instead.
Let's start with the PU Content. The mission givers are going to require some additionnal work to improve their behavior, which will need 3 more weeks of work. The delamar / Levski landing zone is also requiring 4 more weeks of work. This puts the PU Content right in the critical path for 3.0.0 release, but since Levski is a stretch goal, it could be removed from 3.0.0 if it takes too long to complete.
The Gameplay team has also delayed the Insurance task, because they can't work on it yet due to some pre-required backend technology not being ready yet. Also, a new task has appeared and it's an exciting one! There is now work in progress to get our Rovers and Dragonflys In Ships!
For the same reason, the Entity Owner Manager from Core Tech is also delayed as they need some network persistence dependencies to be resolved first.
On the UI front, the Kiosk UI is waiting for some tech, and the StarMap App is having some troubles in its development. The StarMap is a huge App with tons of dependencies, on the website and in-game, so this kind of delays are to be expected.
Continuing with the AI team, the AI turrets are delayed, but the text description isn't up to date so we don't have a reason yet.
The Graphics team is close to completing the beautiful Volumetric Fog (we saw an example yesterday on ATV) and needs a few more days to put the finishing touches.
The network team is hard at work to fix the remaining bugs in the Physics Serialization, a critical feature to improve stability while traversing multiple physics grids.
The Ships & Weapons part is... quite contradictory. The image of the schedule and the text don't seem up to date, and have very different informations (at least on the weapons part). For that reason, I will wait until the next schedule to see what has really changed in that front.
Finally, some ships (and features) have been completed this week :
Radar System (Gameplay)
Drake Dragonfly
RSI Constellation Aquila
Misc Prospector
Galliant Rifle (Rework)
Global Progress Watch
Nothing interesting on the Global Progress Watch this week, all changes are also in the 3.0.0 Progress Watch.
See you next week for more Schedule Adventures!
Archives : 2.6.3 2.6.2 2.6.1 2.6.0

lol

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

90% of the comments are about how great it is that the ship/gun reworks are finishing

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I really want them to get Star Citizen out, so I can watch as the ships spasm across the galaxy each time the power, fluid, and air calculations glitch inside each ship

Remember Roberts said he wants all the pipes inside each ship simulated fully, what happens if you flush your Connies toilet 50 times?

Only Dreams can answer that

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

In other scam news, ashes of creation is raking in the dough.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios

So either the pyramid scheme they call a referral system is working or it's all coming from citizens backing out of spite because of goons and derek calling it a scam.

Either way lethality will be happy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Every 2-3 weeks a new schedule pushing everything back 2-3 weeks is uploaded, this is good for SC.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
anything that needs some actual design decisions and some programming layered on top gets pushed back every time

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

http://i.imgur.com/xOOvkqK.gifv

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Good to see the inventory system needs so much more work that it definitely needs to be pushed back, yet it is so close to completion, it'll be ready for release 4 days later.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

Good to see the inventory system needs so much more work that it definitely needs to be pushed back, yet it is so close to completion, it'll be ready for release 4 days later.

Maybe the guy in charge got a fever or something and the doctor gave him a week off?

It is bound to happen, one day everything is fine and then *blammo*, your star coder breaks all his fingers in a bizarre Mahjong accident.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
whatever happened to the fov slider

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Nicholas posted:

It got pushed back a month on last weeks schedule.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

D'awww, they modeled the dev who broke both of her wrists way back when. What a sweet tribute. :3:

trucutru posted:

Come Wait My Lord!

:eyepop:

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 13, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Nicholas posted:

It got pushed outside backer's field of view.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

trucutru posted:

Every 2-3 weeks a new schedule pushing everything back 2-3 weeks is uploaded, this is good for SC.

What's a "Solar System Shop Service"?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Sunswipe posted:

Meh, been done before.

hey its that miku dweeb. cool.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

:vince:

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

holy poo poo

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Thoatse posted:

female model is in... I'm sure Sandi had nothing to do with the art direction

the crowd goes mild

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6au2dn/female_character_model/

Sir oval office-i-flas

I like T-Pose and I cannot lie
You other mocaps can't deny
That when a girl snaps a T, with her arms out like a tree
and rockin' pant-suit Hilary

You get flung right across the map
With your arms bending round the back
Deep into space I'm flyin'
Wrists twisting like I'm dyin'

Oh baby, I wish I could T-Pose
And put on space clothes
Now Derek tried to warn me
Because of 3.0 I spent my money

Baby got parp

Baby got parp

Mr Fronts fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 13, 2017

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 13, 2017

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
what the gently caress is "fud" and why are backers so hung up on it?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fuuuuuckkkk! They're on to it. Told Derek to use pigeons for safe communication but he wouldn't listen.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

EggsAisle posted:

what the gently caress is "fud" and why are backers so hung up on it?

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Mr Fronts posted:

Sir oval office-i-flas

I like T-Pose and I cannot lie
You other mocaps can't deny
That when a girl snaps a T, with her arms out like a tree
and rockin' pant-suit Hilary

You get flung right across the map
With your arms bending round the back
Deep into space I'm flyin'
Wrists twisting like I'm dyin'

Oh baby, I wish I could T-Pose
And put on space clothes