Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That's exactly it.

Mayhem is fun as hell if you stop caring about it, the second you start to care just immediately drop, your teammates will git it (I hope :angel:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mayhem is fun daybreak it's fun be the space magic Halo you want to be.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

PathAsc posted:

Mayhem is fun daybreak it's fun be the space magic Halo you want to be.

nah

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

In mayhem past I've looped the Space Jam theme song while Voidwalker/Obsidian Mind even though I hardly play Warlock

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

hell where's that jock jams vol. 1 casette I have kicking around

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dear bungie

Thanks for the vote of confidence bungie but id rather not play against teams from japan and brazil.

Getting heatshot behind a wall while sliding isnt good game design.

Neither is me dying then the FoH animation playing after i punch a dude 3 times. Plz fix.

-your pal BlindSite

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Dear bungie

Thanks for the vote of confidence bungie but id rather not play against teams from japan and brazil.

Neither is me dying then the FoH animation playing after i punch a dude 3 times. Plz fix.

-your pal BlindSite

"Greetings Guardian!

You may be pleased to hear that we're close to revealing the next stage in the ever-evolving Destiny journey via a Twitch livestream event. Come join us on Thursday, 18th May for the first exciting look at Destiny 2, as we gather your favourite Twitch streamers and other community guests to participate in a live gameplay reveal!

Pre-order your copy of Destiny 2 now for exclusive* Early Beta Access!

- Bungie"

And that's about all you'd get out of them in response to that request.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

runwiled posted:

"Greetings Guardian!

You may be pleased to hear that we're close to revealing the next stage in the ever-evolving Destiny journey via a Twitch livestream event. Come join us on Thursday, 18th May for the first exciting look at Destiny 2, as we gather your favourite Twitch streamers and other community guests to participate in a live gameplay reveal!

Pre-order your copy of Destiny 2 now for exclusive* Early Beta Access!

- Bungie"

And that's about all you'd get out of them in response to that request.

The real reply would be:

"Dear Scrub,

Git gud.

-Bungie

P.S. Give us another $60 for Destiny 2 and experience our great servers all over again"

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Shoren posted:

The real reply would be:

"Dear Scrub,

Git gud.

-Bungie

P.S. Give us another $60 for Destiny 2 and experience our great servers all over again"

Servers would be nice

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Servers would be nice

Matchmaking would still pit you against 56k losers from Brazil.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Even I, the scrub, have stick videos.

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863435183965556736

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863435282430832640

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863435563935952900

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863435816948969473
(long to include the guy ragequitting after that)

https://twitter.com/haveblue7nms/status/863436220642340869
(first kill after join in progress)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
What the hell happened in that second one?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Near as I can tell, the grenades bounced off each other in midair. His went wide, mine went into his face.

vvvvvvvv Yeah, I didn't want them to get shared to facebook like my normal tweets (which I never make any more anyway). 95% of the value of that game is screenshots.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Did you make a twitter to share no mans sky screenshots because that's what I'm seeing here

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It would probably behoove anyone who's not actually in the top ten Destiny players ELO to make sure that you a) set up a static IP for your PS4, b) forward your ports, and c) use Google's DNS servers if you have a lovely ISP. I thought I was getting hosed by Destiny's SBMM and it turned out I was just dealing with sub optimal home networking. It seriously takes like ten minutes and I went from consistent red bar connections to nothing but solid green every time.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Sir, this is the console thread

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Waffle House posted:

In mayhem past I've looped the Space Jam theme song while Voidwalker/Obsidian Mind even though I hardly play Warlock

X Gon Give It To Ya on repeat while playing iron banana is my thing.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

Dear bungie

-your pal BlindSite

Git bad

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

DrNutt posted:

b) forward your ports,

Which ones?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

el B posted:

Sir, this is the console thread

Like I know it's a little teensy bit more complicated than "push button make go" but honestly, the ten minutes it takes to google this and do it is so worth it.

Now, it's really stupid that you even need to think about doing this, when 99% of other net-based games will work fine just plugging in to your router and going from there, but it can help.

limaCAT posted:

Which ones?

I just googled "port forwarding for PS4" and went with the most common recommendations, but you could probably even look up ports specific to Destiny if you were inclined.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

limaCAT posted:

Which ones?

All of them? It's a console, who cares if its in dmz

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

limaCAT posted:

Which ones?

For PS4:
TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
UDP: 3478-3479

For XB1:
TCP: 53, 80, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also forward ports 69, 420, 1337 and all ports over 9000

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:golfclap:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

PORT 420 – Information

Port Number: 420
TCP / UDP: TCP
Delivery: Yes
Protocol / Name: [Malware known as Breach]
Port Description: [malware info: Breach]
Virus / Trojan: Yes, Caution!

:captainpop:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DrNutt posted:

It would probably behoove anyone who's not actually in the top ten Destiny players ELO to make sure that you a) set up a static IP for your PS4, b) forward your ports, and c) use Google's DNS servers if you have a lovely ISP. I thought I was getting hosed by Destiny's SBMM and it turned out I was just dealing with sub optimal home networking. It seriously takes like ten minutes and I went from consistent red bar connections to nothing but solid green every time.

My connection is almost always green and Ive done all that. Solo droping the other night I got put in a game with cheesefactory and have come up against him multiple times during the last ib.

When i solo roll I come up against streamers and other legit players too.

Theres nothing I can do except tank games, and gently caress that.

Its poo poo game design. Nothin else.

Good advice for others though. If everyone did it might cut down some of the redbars ghosting around.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Idk what a lick of any of that means but I figured wtf and Bing'd it, set-up my PS4 with a static IP then set it to dmz. So, what's the appropriate duration of time or number of matches until I should notice anything positive?

PS4 Connection Test consistently saying my speeds are about as good as they're gonna get, but I gotta say I played one match afterward and all this served to do is get me hot at the hard redbar oval office in the lobby where prior I'm far more like, "Yeah, dawg, same. No worries."

Like, it sounds really good and surely is but so long as you're playing Spaniards, South Americans, Latinos, Germans, Carnival Cruise Ships and the like, poo poo is still gonna blow big floppy donkey dick.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 13, 2017

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

DrNutt posted:

Ok. So lets just say that you are....

Actually. I do recommend rolling in a 5 man rather than 6. With a 5 man you can get a natch going with as little as 9 in the lobby.

Or just play trials.

I do have a static ip for my PS4 and its in the dmz.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I sent my PS4 to North Korea and I have better matchmaking

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Guys,

Sunsinger stickies in mayhem is ducking hilarious lmao

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Lool, I think that was my first Tied Game. Very good match of Zone Control :discourse:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
when he stick u but u got the flame shield so you gotta teach him a lesson

http://i.imgur.com/jkPk95D.gifv

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 14, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

"I'm... I'm not sure who to be angry at."
-Lord Shaxx

Lool, I think that was my first Tied Game. Very good match of Zone Control :discourse:

Im trying to think if I've ever been in a tied game.

Surely must gave happened once but I cant recall. Good poo poo.

Me and a mate beat a streamers 6 man team today in supremecy feelsgoodman.jpeg

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BlindSite posted:

My connection is almost always green and Ive done all that. Solo droping the other night I got put in a game with cheesefactory and have come up against him multiple times during the last ib.

When i solo roll I come up against streamers and other legit players too.

Theres nothing I can do except tank games, and gently caress that.

Its poo poo game design. Nothin else.

Good advice for others though. If everyone did it might cut down some of the redbars ghosting around.

Yeah no SBMM is terrible, especially with the lack of dedicated servers, but I do think there are probably a lot of people out there with decent Internet and poo poo home networks that could potentially see a ton of improvement.

What's funny is that they may not want to. The week or so I forgot to fix my poo poo and I was getting consistent red bar connections, I was having games where I was going 2, 4, and 5 k/d and I am most def a .9 kind of dude, and I didn't even realize my network was the issue because I have a fiber connection and I don't usually play when there's a ton of other network traffic happening in my house.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

Im trying to think if I've ever been in a tied game.

Surely must gave happened once but I cant recall. Good poo poo.

Me and a mate beat a streamers 6 man team today in supremecy feelsgoodman.jpeg

Who'd ya play?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Who'd ya play?

No one good. Just jez. But anytime i can give some a loss on broadcast I'm happy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Also just a heads up before xur goes. Pdx is for sale at the gunsmith if you need to refill you order for one.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

Also just a heads up before xur goes. Pdx is for sale at the gunsmith if you need to refill you order for one.

Whats the god roll for that one again?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Probably either Pb/cb/rifled or pb/hh/rifled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pb/hh/rifled is really nice but I dont love the sights on the early one.

I wouldnt mind pb, full auto and rifled either.

• Locked thread