Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

BioEnchanted posted:

I got really close to the end but got stuck at a foyer-type part of the final level.

So what you're saying is Foyer:BioEnchanted::Hot Dogs:MisterBibs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm not mad at Foyers, just Bad at them.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

How do you feel about... ante rooms?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'll just chill there until I feel like fighting Orphan :v:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

BioEnchanted posted:

Sounds like they cause you to choke up

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Got prey this morning off amazon and forgot that they basically post you a download code for steam. So annoying given that my slow internet is exactly the reason I tried to get the hard copy. :(

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I heard that NuPrey overwrites the original Prey's directory. That's so weird to me.

It's a really situational condition. Is it designed to do so intentionally or is it just a quirk in sharing the same name?

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
I got around to finishing off the last bits of Berserk and while I enjoyed it overall, I really didn't like most of the boss fights. Zodd was pretty excellent since you encounter him early - he acts as a good introduction to Human and Apostle fights - but after him every boss except one can basically be stunnedlocked/juggled to death in thirty seconds or less.

The one exception is the Lord of Thieves, who is a bodyblocking cock of a fight. This was my first Dynasty Warriors type of game, but it really feels like the balance of player power vs. bosses is entirely lopsided in favor of the player.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Action Tortoise posted:

I heard that NuPrey overwrites the original Prey's directory. That's so weird to me.

It's a really situational condition. Is it designed to do so intentionally or is it just a quirk in sharing the same name?

It's trying to mimic the original game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have the original Prey on an honest-to-God disc so I can play both :smug:

Although that begs the question why I would ever want to.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I just started playing Assassin's Creed Revelations, my first AC game, and it's so hard not to compare it unfavorably to Shadow of Mordor, which I just completed. The free running is OK but SoM's is so much better. The swordplay in AC is really lacking. Wraith Mode or Assassin Vision or whatever it's called isn't as useful. I know AC came first, but I guess it just hasn't aged well compared to similar, newer games.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

I just started playing Assassin's Creed Revelations, my first AC game, and it's so hard not to compare it unfavorably to Shadow of Mordor, which I just completed. The free running is OK but SoM's is so much better. The swordplay in AC is really lacking. Wraith Mode or Assassin Vision or whatever it's called isn't as useful. I know AC came first, but I guess it just hasn't aged well compared to similar, newer games.

Yes but Ezio has aged admirably :wink:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Jippa posted:

Got prey this morning off amazon and forgot that they basically post you a download code for steam. So annoying given that my slow internet is exactly the reason I tried to get the hard copy. :(

Physical games are dead on pc man. Even if you can find a disc now a days, it's almost always just going to be the installer for Steam on an otherwise blank disc and a code.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I got a 2nd hand PS3 a while ago with a bunch of games. Killzone 2: why the gently caress can't I use one of the left shoulder buttons to ADS and the right stick to crouch? I've managed to unlearn Xbox trigger syndrome and am happy using R1 to shoot but using R3 to aim is breaking my brain. On a related note, I'm left handed and simply cannot parse how reversing the sticks for movement and aim is preferable for my kind. Why offer that but not COD style aiming?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

Physical games are dead on pc man. Even if you can find a disc now a days, it's almost always just going to be the installer for Steam on an otherwise blank disc and a code.

The terrorists have won.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

ShootaBoy posted:

Was gifted a physical copy of metal gear solid 5, the DVD had a 12kb steam link. That's my hilarious waste of media story thanks for listening.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008

Feonir posted:

Was gifted a physical copy of metal gear solid 5, the DVD had a 12kb steam link. That's my hilarious waste of media story thanks for listening.

I first started using Steam because I bought Deus Ex Human Revolution in a store and it was just a link to download Steam and install the game. Now I've got 200+ games on there. :shrug:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
When games are getting day one patches that are measured in gigabytes, is there really a point to buying a hard copy of a game?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Some people love hoarding material objects on shelves, and they have money.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BuddyChrist posted:

I first started using Steam because I bought Deus Ex Human Revolution in a store and it was just a link to download Steam and install the game. Now I've got 200+ games on there. :shrug:

I started using Steam when it was fancy DRM for Half-Life 2 loving goddamn kids these days :corsair:

In other news, Crystal Caves is garbage, Duke's Archives was garbage, Seath is garbage, and anybody whoever responded to a criticism of Dark Souls 1 with "git gud" will be the first against the wall.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

1stGear posted:

I started using Steam when it was fancy DRM for Half-Life 2 loving goddamn kids these days :corsair:

I couldn't play Half Life 2 on my computer because my brother installed it on his, and then registered it onto his Steam account.

Son of a bitch never even played it. :argh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I installed the game CATS a bit ago, because I was bored and it seemed like a decent battlebots-type game that looked charming.

I've never been so mad at a mobile game, moments into playing it.

See, the game's tutorial makes you edit your initial battle-bot early on, but doesn't let you edit your battle-bot before throwing you into the win-three-battles part of the tutorial.

So if you're just starting the game, and your first edit makes your battle-bot worse (tips over, shots don't hit because of the size of a new wheel, whatever), the game will continue to simulate battles until you win. Since your bot isn't working right, because you just started playing the game and don't know poo poo, it'll just simulate fight after fight after fight, without letting you step back and make a viable robot.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

1stGear posted:

In other news, Crystal Caves is garbage, Duke's Archives was garbage, Seath is garbage, and anybody whoever responded to a criticism of Dark Souls 1 with "git gud" will be the first against the wall.

All of the post-lordvessel areas are hot garbage and only the most blind idiots defend crystal caves and izalith.

Anyway, I started playing Stardew Valley and what the hell. Why didn't the developers just include a settings menu or something? There's a toggle for windowed mode. But the game will randomly just switch to full screen anyway. It makes playing it a pain in the rear end, I don't like fullscreen.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Nuebot posted:

Anyway, I started playing Stardew Valley and what the hell. Why didn't the developers just include a settings menu or something? There's a toggle for windowed mode. But the game will randomly just switch to full screen anyway. It makes playing it a pain in the rear end, I don't like fullscreen.

Try to press ALT+Enter. It often toggles between windowed and fullscreen in games.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

When games are getting day one patches that are measured in gigabytes, is there really a point to buying a hard copy of a game?

I might actually buy physical copies if it would save me a 50 gig download. It's totally pointless at this point, though.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

NonzeroCircle posted:

I got a 2nd hand PS3 a while ago with a bunch of games. Killzone 2: why the gently caress can't I use one of the left shoulder buttons to ADS and the right stick to crouch? I've managed to unlearn Xbox trigger syndrome and am happy using R1 to shoot but using R3 to aim is breaking my brain. On a related note, I'm left handed and simply cannot parse how reversing the sticks for movement and aim is preferable for my kind. Why offer that but not COD style aiming?

Get Demon's Souls. It's the only reason I bought a ps3.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

SinineSiil posted:

Try to press ALT+Enter. It often toggles between windowed and fullscreen in games.

Yeah, that was the toggle. But then five minutes later the game jumps to full screen anyway and I have to do it again. :negative: come on stardew, just stay put. I want to get a dinosaur without having to hit ALT+Enter every few minutes.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Get Demon's Souls. It's the only reason I bought a ps3.

Demons Souls and Gundam Breaker 2 are maybe the only good PS3 exclusives. PS4 has Bloodborne.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

NonzeroCircle posted:

I'm pretty sure COD style controls were patched into KZ2 after tons of people expressed this very complaint upon its release. The R3 aiming is a holdover from the first game on the PS2.

Edit: just doing a quick glance online, I believe the Alternate 2 controls set it up to mimic COD4.

Sally has a new favorite as of 01:13 on May 13, 2017

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Stardew's really bad with its settings in general. Every time I start up a new game (which is way too goddamn often, i have a problem), I have to go in and turn off flash effects, add the zoom buttons, turn up the lighting quality, fix the drat volume cause everything's up way too loud, and fix the drat resolution. And the resolution is bugged, so I have to fix it twice. A sensible game would have at least the graphics settings saved outside the drat save file.

At least they don't make you click through every resolution 1 at a time like Terraria and Borderlands 2 do.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I might actually buy physical copies if it would save me a 50 gig download. It's totally pointless at this point, though.

The fact that, for consoles at least, you can buy them used and trade them in yourself for credit is basically the only thing physical games have going for them now, and even that's starting to be less of an advantage since I've been seeing some crazy deals on digital games lately. I got Dishonored 2 off the Xbox store for $30 a couple weeks back and that game's been out what, 6 months? Same thing happened with Watch Dogs 2, which I got for $40 on sale about the same amount of time after launch.

E: I was scrolling through the store as I type this and ME:A is already on sale for $40. Good time to be a cheap gamer

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Nuebot posted:

All of the post-lordvessel areas are hot garbage and only the most blind idiots defend crystal caves

Heard you were talking poo poo
   \

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Action Tortoise posted:

Heard you were talking poo poo
   \

Bitch ain't even got legs. :colbert:

Gloryhold It! posted:

At least they don't make you click through every resolution 1 at a time like Terraria and Borderlands 2 do.

That drives me nuts about setting up Terraria every time I get the urge to replay it. I am very glad most games just give you a drop down menu.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Imo this cat is worse than Teddie in almost every way.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Len posted:

What, you don't like going to bed?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Mass Effect 2: Cerberus. Now I haven't played that far into it so there's presumably a lot of twists to come, but man am I getting fascist paramilitary vibes from this group Shepard is now forced to work for, down to the assurances that "we're not anti-alien, we're pro-human!" Like as presented the organization is still shadowy and kind of untrustworthy but also "They're doing the stuff the Alliance won't" and you're still wearing the goddamn uniform. Also they've apparently stopped the horrible human experimentation they were doing in the first game, but maybe not?

I have no idea what the development history was like for the entire trilogy, but it feels like new writers came in and decided the "humanity first!" team needed to be more badass.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Spoilers about Cerberus I guess: The Illusive Man is just surrounding Shepard with the less offensive Cerberus members to get Shepard to work with him. The're totally still evil in ME3 and they were in the books that were being released around the time of ME2 so it's not really a retcon.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Mass Effect 2: Cerberus. Now I haven't played that far into it so there's presumably a lot of twists to come, but man am I getting fascist paramilitary vibes from this group Shepard is now forced to work for, down to the assurances that "we're not anti-alien, we're pro-human!" Like as presented the organization is still shadowy and kind of untrustworthy but also "They're doing the stuff the Alliance won't" and you're still wearing the goddamn uniform. Also they've apparently stopped the horrible human experimentation they were doing in the first game, but maybe not?

Nah, they're still doing horrible human experimentation. How do you think they brought Shep back to life?

Also you can tell TIM to gently caress off pretty much constantly.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The main thing dragging down my Persona 5 playthrough is that it ended. :( I want more time with Mr Protagonist and his true waifu Makoto.

Persona 5 Dancing All Night when Atlus?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Len posted:

Have you gotten to the fifth Palace? Because if not, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I bought Dark Souls 3 because I wanted to git gud and experience the Souls magic but it turns out I ain't gud. Is there like a coop function or something because I am the thing dragging down the game