Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Saints with 4 tackles in the quarter. They are piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What the gently caress are the Saints doing? The Blues are getting way too much space and are just playing the way they want to play.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Hahahah what a final minute

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Cripps what the gently caress!??

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

drunkill posted:

Cripps what the gently caress!??

Trying to join his mates in the candy shop

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
This some trash football

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

monolithburger posted:

This some trash football

It's peak St Kilda.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Periphery posted:

Jack Billings is actually a good footballer?

Helps that at halftime Carlton still don't have a clue how to hold him

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

ewe2 posted:

Helps that at halftime Carlton still don't have a clue how to hold him

And thank gently caress for that. If the Saints win this Billings will be the only reason why.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Saints aren't playing any better, the Blues just stopped

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That was the worst 5 minutes.

Thankfully Cripps got his goal to end it.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Oh St Kilda you pack of useless turds.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I was wondering why everyone was trashing St Kilda, while St Kilda were winning and then I had a look at the stats.

Woof.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Its on. Biffo

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
I didn't think Murphy was such a shithead.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Just offering to help Carlisle find his baggie

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Pull your fingers out Saints ffs.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lucky we were only playing the lions

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Saints are absolutely the least impressive team I've seen this year. Soft tackling. Downhill skiing. People will blow them up real quick at the end of the year.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Not chriping now, Marc?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

TG-Chrono posted:

Saints are absolutely the least impressive team I've seen this year. Soft tackling. Downhill skiing. People will blow them up real quick at the end of the year.

You obviously haven't seen many Saints games then.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

TG-Chrono posted:

Hahahahaahahah

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

TG-Chrono posted:

Ahahahahahaha the salt!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I did find Grandstand's commentary most inconsistent on the subject of Carlton, either they were clever to slow the tempo of the game by passing up the wing or foolish for not taking it through the centre and scoring. Nevertheless the Saints should have buried them by halftime but didn't. It's the Saints inconsistency, pressured or not, that is their big problem here.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I didn't think we would win coming into it but at least we were not demolished. Apart from the last 15 minutes and the 5 minutes of kicking only sideways and backwards both teams did in the third we played well.

Difficult win for the saints though, a few injuries and knocks.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Giants aren't that good this year, are they? Believed the press a bit too much maybe.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Blues will be scary in a year or two. There's a lot of talent in that side.

And yeah, considering the run the Saints have had with injury so far this year, it had to happen eventually. Jimmy :(

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That Sidebottom goal was neat

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Second week in a row the Hawks beat a pretty terrible team and didn't look great but at least we are winning.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Getting a win when you are playing some bad footy and are a player down on the bench for most of the game is a big positive to come out of the game.

Oh, and Billings. Billings was great. His kicking around the ground was a bit iffy at times, but you could say that for every Saints player. Jack Steele is amazing and I love him. Jack Steven's mullet gets better and better every week. Seb Ross is elevating himself to that top tier of mid.

Hopefully Webster isn't a serious injury cause he's been good this year. At least we have Savage or Baily Rice (who has apparently been very good in the VFL) who can come in to replace him. Or if my impression of Webster is correct then he'll just play with it in a cast and then bludgeon the oppo forwards with it.

Josh Bruce is really, really frustrating me this year. He's dropping so many marks that he gets both hands to and he isn't getting enough ball around the ground to make up for not taking his opportunities. His goal kicking is also down on where it has been which further compounds the problem.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

And yeah, considering the run the Saints have had with injury so far this year, it had to happen eventually. Jimmy :(

When Carlisle and Robbo appeared injured I was ready to call the season a write off. Thankfully it just looks like Carlisle got smashed in the nuts (lol) and Robbo seems ok.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Bottom of the table clash (both 0-4) in the SANFL today is between Sturt and West Adelaide, the premiers of the last 2 seasons.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Seb Ross was a real surprise this game. I'm happy that Billings is accurate this week too.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

Periphery posted:

Josh Bruce is really, really frustrating me this year. He's dropping so many marks that he gets both hands to and he isn't getting enough ball around the ground to make up for not taking his opportunities. His goal kicking is also down on where it has been which further compounds the problem.

Agree with everything you said, especially the idea of Jimmy chinning blokes with a cast. Saints need to start throwing money at Billings to get him to re-sign. Acres continues to justify my man crush, it's impossible to lay an effective tackle on him. Disappointed with Gresh, but he'll come good.

As for Bruce, how many more weeks does he have saved up before his currency runs out? Paddy needs to factor in eventually and it's either going to be him or Roo (knee pending) who makes way. I like Bruce's effort (although not as much this week) but he just doesn't get the grabs and kick the goals we need him to.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Its round seven and no one has me convinced

Pretty good really

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

Agree with everything you said, especially the idea of Jimmy chinning blokes with a cast. Saints need to start throwing money at Billings to get him to re-sign. Acres continues to justify my man crush, it's impossible to lay an effective tackle on him. Disappointed with Gresh, but he'll come good.

As for Bruce, how many more weeks does he have saved up before his currency runs out? Paddy needs to factor in eventually and it's either going to be him or Roo (knee pending) who makes way. I like Bruce's effort (although not as much this week) but he just doesn't get the grabs and kick the goals we need him to.

Yeah, Gresh just seems to be having some second year blues. Acres is great but sometimes I feel he goes missing - today for example he was unsighted for large parts of the game. But he'll only get better from here and when he puts it all together he'll be spectacular.

The forward situation is interesting. Paddy is probably being kept out because of his lack of tank - something that Bruce has a lot of. But at some point Bruce's performance is too bad to justify keeping him in the team. But if Roo needs a rest I don't see us dropping both at the same time. Marshall and McCartin have been playing decently in the VFL but we can't afford to bring them in if they can't run out the game. hosed if I can figure out what would be best to do. Maybe Roo having a rest with McCartin playing deep and Bruce being that connector up the ground. But that only really works if Roo's knee will come good with one week off, which I doubt will happen.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just getting back to the game last night, I think that an area the doggies really let themselves down in was their banner. Not up to their usual sparkling wit, and frankly, could have had major repercussions in game.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

NPR Journalizard posted:

Just getting back to the game last night, I think that an area the doggies really let themselves down in was their banner. Not up to their usual sparkling wit, and frankly, could have had major repercussions in game.

I blame Cesar. Bad doggo! (Not really - he's still a good boy)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

hiddenmovement posted:

Its round seven and no one has me convinced

Pretty good really

Round 8 mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005