Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That is true. McLaren is very bad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

1500quidporsche posted:

McLaren will win a race this year.

Monaco will be a Triathlon, perfect timing for Jense.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol, Liberty approved Williams' plan to let a couple sleep over in the garage the night before the British Grand Prix.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's a balancing act I think for F1. Restricting engine development is one thing, but let's be honest, how many real world applications do a V10/V12 have for the common person? Not much. A turbo V6 hybrid is much more applicable to the real world today.

Isn't Mercedes using the split turbo in its commercial trucks right now?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
As far as bad periods for established teams go, the last decade of Tyrrell was utter misery, apart from Jean Alesi (and to a lesser extent, Katayama)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brabham's delcine was pretty bad but you kinda saw it coming.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tyrrell and Brabham were great teams but way before my time. This is watching a childhood hero, Senna's great red and white, gutted before us.

Scene at the end of Braveheart

edit: oh io, turbos are like a big thing. Modern and really useful. Totally banning them and running without was kinda artificially forcing the engines to remain in a previous era, before we'd solved many of the issues with turbos like Senna had. Also thinking again Enzo would love the modern engine, from 0 rpm to whatever is all electric torque and then all screaming turbo at the top end, it's a work of art.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 13, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

As far as bad periods for established teams go, the last decade of Tyrrell was utter misery, apart from Jean Alesi (and to a lesser extent, Katayama)

De Cesaris did well in 1992. Their 1991 effort was massively disappointing but that was probably down to the drivers.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

Tyrrell and Brabham were great teams but way before my time. This is watching a childhood hero, Senna's great red and white, gutted before us.

Scene at the end of Braveheart

Have you moved on to PCP?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Brabham's delcine was pretty bad but you kinda saw it coming.

1989 was a red herring. The final year they were competing was pretty shocking; less than a decade before they were a championship team. They also were the last 1 car team iirc.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I believe the last team to attempt a F1 season with just one car entered was Fondmetal, though I know Brabham and some other backmarkers were forced to enter one car in certain race events late in their life.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Brabham can't ever be bad because fan car

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

It's a balancing act I think for F1. Restricting engine development is one thing, but let's be honest, how many real world applications do a V10/V12 have for the common person? Not much. A turbo V6 hybrid is much more applicable to the real world today.

Isn't Mercedes using the split turbo in its commercial trucks right now?

I don't think so, but like i mentioned in the Indy thread, The new merc I6 essentially has both the MGU-K and MGU-H, only it doesn't recover energy from the turbo, only spins it., and the MGU-K is on the crankshaft.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I believe the last team to attempt a F1 season with just one car entered was Fondmetal, though I know Brabham and some other backmarkers were forced to enter one car in certain race events late in their life.

True. Brabham started with 2 cars in 1992 but reverted to a 1 car team so yeah it doesn't count.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Andrea Moda was cool because it was a 1 car (0.5?) team masquerading as a 2 car one.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Hasegawa posted:

There was a big hole in the bottom of the engine and the oil is missing. I don't know the reason why the oil leaked, but that is the reason why it blew.

Wow. That's pure loving gold :five:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's been 2 years and we're still dealing with oil sealing issues. Joke manufacturer.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok so the Honda engine is awful but now its also dangerous? gently caress off Honda go to die with Sauber.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's been 2 years and we're still dealing with oil sealing issues. Joke manufacturer.

To be fair a hole in the crank case is unlikely to be oil sealing. It's more like something decided it didn't want to be there and rocketed out of there.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

lol, Liberty approved Williams' plan to let a couple sleep over in the garage the night before the British Grand Prix.
Lance and Chloe?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Are we now going with the line that their is some serious incestual sisterfucking going on? Perhaps the entire Stroll family are inbred as all hell yet somehow rich beyond mortal means?

I'm not mocking I just need to know if I need to update Lance_stroll_bad_pay_driver.xlsx

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

wicka posted:

Unlike some folks I'm not a fair weather bitch. I'm going down with this Costa Concordia. And I'll be at the helm when it rises like a phoenix [is informed the ship was scrapped and the captain is in prison] ah gently caress

loving lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So the Timo Glock thing is he's driving the 2-seater F1 car this weekend. I think.

Also, check out this poo poo: https://f1experiences.com/

Meet Jacues Villeneuve! Meet Damon Hill aboard a yacht in Monaco!!!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Gigi Galli posted:

loving lol
In his defense, the raising of the ship to tow it away for scrap was quite awe inspiring, a tribute to man's ingenuity and organization

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

In his defense, the raising of the ship to tow it away for scrap was quite awe inspiring, a tribute to man's ingenuity and organization

The uproar when the coast guard captain told him to stop being a bitch was really good.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

So I know that Wicka and I are still McLaren supporters, willing to stick with them, but is there anyone else left?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I support Are Dan, Are Nando and Super Seb. As if you'd support a team.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

freeranger posted:

So I know that Wicka and I are still McLaren supporters, willing to stick with them, but is there anyone else left?

I have been kinda luke warm with the team since the 80s, but can't help but feel depressed about their performance the past 3 seasons.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Jense is dressed like he's in a concentration camp.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why Hass has so many brake problems?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powershift posted:

Awesome!

You can't spell Stoffel Vandorne or Fernando Alonso without D, N, and F.

Or DNS

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol Bottas' car is in bits.

Has Lewis not done his neck training? His head was smacking against the headrest during the corners.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Kelsey Grammer is there. This race will be as dry as Frasier.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Has Lewis not done his neck training? His head was smacking against the headrest during the corners.

Maybe, maybe not. It might be deliberate. I remember watching an on board video of Vettel a few years back and recall one of the commentators (might have been Brundle) noting him let his head rest against the side of the car where Webber would lean into it. The commentator noted that it was a deliberate style choice that some of the younger guys did on purpose.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Or "fan loser"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Carth Dookie posted:

Maybe, maybe not. It might be deliberate. I remember watching an on board video of Vettel a few years back and recall one of the commentators (might have been Brundle) noting him let his head rest against the side of the car where Webber would lean into it. The commentator noted that it was a deliberate style choice that some of the younger guys did on purpose.

His head was bouncing against it though, Ant couldn't explain it but from what you are saying it could be that the headrest has changed and he's buggered.

Grossjean has no luck, no luck at all. Cut tyre.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Wow Nando nice lap!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pinkham: there have been some rumours surrounding Se..
national treasure N Lauda: It's bullshit

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Haha yeah I saw that too. Got to love him.

Yikes, open heart surgery on Seb's car :O

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Time to change the gp predictor, we got about half an hour left.

E: lol it's crashed.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 13, 2017

• Locked thread