Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Norns posted:

Naw dog. Believe it or not some goons have real interactions with humans.

it didnt happen bud

Beastie posted:

I was waiting in my dentist's office yesterday and the hygienist came out and saw me playing MK8. She was like "Oh is that the new Nintendo? My son wants one really bad!"

She then asked how much it costs, does it come with the dock, and can you really just pick it up and go?

I told her all about my lunchtime Kart, and how I can play BoI on the train and drop it into the dock to pick it right back up when I get home.

Switch is cool and good.

did she give u a standing ovation afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
i was on the bus playing on my Nintendo Switch playing a few quick games of Mario Kart Eight Deluxe Edition Only On Nintendo Switch when the bus driver got up from the seat while driving. he had seen the slides and boosts i had been pulling off as my favourite character Dry Bones and said to me "son, please drive this bus, for the love of all that is holy, given your obvious skills, we need your expertise". i sighed and shook my head while smirking, "ok, ill do it... but just this once!!". anyway long story short i need about $200,000 for bail can anyone help me out. the screams will haunt me until the day i die.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Stux posted:

i was on the bus playing on my Nintendo Switch playing a few quick games of Mario Kart Eight Deluxe Edition Only On Nintendo Switch when the bus driver got up from the seat while driving. he had seen the slides and boosts i had been pulling off as my favourite character Dry Bones and said to me "son, please drive this bus, for the love of all that is holy, given your obvious skills, we need your expertise". i sighed and shook my head while smirking, "ok, ill do it... but just this once!!". anyway long story short i need about $200,000 for bail can anyone help me out. the screams will haunt me until the day i die.

But did you meet a cute girl while driving the bus??

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I was on the bus and the dude behind me said "You're the first person I've seen with a Switch, how are you liking it?"

I said "I love it. It's good and Breath of the Wild is amazing."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm dating a bus

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
Sometimes when riding the bus I hear loud drilling noises coming from the engine in the back.

Also I saw a guy playing a Switch on it a couple days ago.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

:eyepop:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Fremry posted:

I know people keep asking, but the thread moves fast and I can't find the answer. What is the goon recommended screen protector? My Switch is starting to get scratches from the dock.

I got this one.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Stux posted:

:ohdear:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I was playing Puyo Puyo Tetris on the bus and this hot girl saw me and said "you suck at this" and I mumbled something about stairs in her house and she called the cops.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I know a bunch of people with Switches at work. We sometimes talk about how we like the Switch and Zelda. This is pretty farfetched, I know, but it's a true story.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

:eyepop:

This is a way better story than I expected (and also I like your username)

...But I actually came into this thread to complain that I, a manchild, cannot find this dead manchild toy console in stock anywhere. I know about istocknow, and setting it back to 7 days shows... a total of three stores in my area have had any, and I'm in a city of 250k so that seems unlikely. Are there specific days of the week where Target/Gamestop/Walmart get them in, typically? I can make myself be free before work but I don't know when to bother.

(also Italian Amazon has them in stock right now apparently and I was really tempted to try to find an Italian friend until I remembered exchange rates.)

I was having issues tracking down one as well, but I found that a lot of the local Target stores would update on istocknow at like 7-730 am but don't open till 8, so it was just a matter of waiting till there was one that had it nearby. By the time the Gamestop ones show on istock, they're already gone, and Walmart seemed pretty unreliable the few times I checked local stores.

You can also get a discount at Target if you open a charge card.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was playing Mario Kart at work on my lunch break and a cute girl came up and asked me "What's that?"

I said "Woah, first of all I'm married so back off. It's Mario Kart." Then she asked what's a Mario Kart. Then I looked down and there was only one set of footprints in the sand, Jesus had been carrying me the whole time. And that savior's name was Albert Einstein. You could have heard a pin drop.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Fremry posted:

I know people keep asking, but the thread moves fast and I can't find the answer. What is the goon recommended screen protector? My Switch is starting to get scratches from the dock.

amFilm glass screen got some thumbs up, and some other brand which I don't remember.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fuuuuuuuck yeah.

Going through stuff in my house to throw out this morning cause I'm moving. Found my Game Boy Advance SP, Mega Man IV, Link's Awakening, Final Fantasy IV Advance, and motherfuckin Earthbound

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I was playing Mario Kart at work on my lunch break and a cute girl came up and asked me "What's that?"

I said "Woah, first of all I'm married so back off. It's Mario Kart." Then she asked what's a Mario Kart. Then I looked down and there was only one set of footprints in the sand, Jesus had been carrying me the whole time. And that savior's name was Albert Einstein. You could have heard a pin drop.

This is the only story in this thread I believe because Jesus is in it.

Hallelujah the Switch is risen.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Stux I'm sorry you don't get real human interaction

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Fuuuuuuuck yeah.

Going through stuff in my house to throw out this morning cause I'm moving. Found my Game Boy Advance SP, Mega Man IV, Link's Awakening, Final Fantasy IV Advance, and motherfuckin Earthbound

Do you have the guild book with Earthbound

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

:same:

It works good but let it set on the Switch overnight before you put it back in the dock to make sure the adhesive sets and it doesn't get ripped off if you bump the protector.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
video games are now for normies, ughhh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jarogue posted:

Do you have the guild book with Earthbound

I have no idea what happened to mine and it makes me sad to this day

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blazing Zero posted:

video games are now for normies, ughhh

I saw a fake gamer girl participating in my beloved geek counterculture that is the dominant driving force of several global multi-billion dollar industries and now it's all ruined.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I want the Neon Yellow Joy Cons, but they are unavailable on Amazon. Were they up for preorder and sold out? Or did they just not put them up yet? I know I can order them from like Best Buy but I'd rather get free release day shipping with Prime.

Edit: apparently release day shipping is free at Best Buy so never mind!!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 13, 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I saw a fake gamer girl participating in my beloved geek counterculture that is the dominant driving force of several global multi-billion dollar industries and now it's all ruined.

so disgusting, how will i even enjoy the barcade anymore

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bizarre deformity posted:

I want the Neon Yellow Joy Cons, but they are unavailable on Amazon. Were they up for preorder and sold out? Or did they just not put them up yet? I know I can order them from like Best Buy but I'd rather get free release day shipping with Prime.

Edit: apparently release day shipping is free at Best Buy so never mind!!

They better drat-well do a Neon Green set next for a full set of player colours :colbert:.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Splatoon purple and orange or no dice.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Should I get Minecraft?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Splatoon purple and orange or no dice.

Splatoon JoyCons would be Purple and Green :colbert:.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Big McHuge posted:

I was having issues tracking down one as well, but I found that a lot of the local Target stores would update on istocknow at like 7-730 am but don't open till 8, so it was just a matter of waiting till there was one that had it nearby. By the time the Gamestop ones show on istock, they're already gone, and Walmart seemed pretty unreliable the few times I checked local stores.

You can also get a discount at Target if you open a charge card.

Target seems to have switched the product numbers though. Anyone have any luck getting them to show up on brick seek recently?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Splatoon JoyCons would be Purple and Green :colbert:.

Blue and orange. But like, royal blue and orange, not light neon.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

pippy posted:

Should I get Minecraft?

If you want to!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Testing because the Awful app on my phone doesn't want to show the last post.

Edit: it's working again! So how about them Switches.

Edit2: don't buy Minecraft unless you really want to.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

pippy posted:

Should I get Minecraft?

There are two possible outcomes to minecraft:

1. You'll build a dick tower that constantly cums water or lava and then you'll never play it again

2. You'll build a dick tower that constantly cums water or lava and then you'll play it for 70,000 hours and become one of those people.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Healbot posted:

Testing because the Awful app on my phone doesn't want to show the last post.

Edit: it's working again! So how about them Switches.

Edit2: don't buy Minecraft unless you really want to.

Same thing happened on my Awful app for the same post, v curious

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I built Pokemon pixel art with my brother. Wailord takes a while

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Awful app did the same to me.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Ometeotl posted:

Awful app did the same to me.

:same:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Same thing happened on my Awful app for the same post, v curious

Occasionally Something Awful just eats a forum post and it won't show up until another is added to the thread.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

There are two possible outcomes to minecraft:

1. You'll build a dick tower that constantly cums water or lava and then you'll never play it again

2. You'll build a dick tower that constantly cums water or lava and then you'll play it for 70,000 hours and become one of those people.
I like the part with the dicks, but not sure that's worth £20.

I'll probably pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

pippy posted:

Should I get Minecraft?

It's great for idly playing on the couch. It's a good game and if you've never played it and are interested at all this is a solid version if you aren't planning on fussing with mods or whatever.

• Locked thread