Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Magic Hate Ball posted:

When I was a kid I was home sick with the flu, so my mom rented Alice for me, and I think I experienced ego death.

Same except with the tv series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Egbert Souse posted:

Actually, Wes Anderson was mainly inspired by Wladislaw Starewicz's work, specifically his only feature film The Tale of the Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcznvlBTQFk

Didn't Starewicz sometimes use taxidermied animals, too? That makes more sense, and there's no question Svankmajer himself was influenced by Starewicz.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Tales from the Grudge sounds like my poo poo.

I'm just glad there was only one crossover so that I didn't force myself to--

Wait... what?

No...

Oh, God, please be a joke, please be a--

Oh, God, they're everywhere!

Wait, WHO THE gently caress IS KUCHISAKE-ONNA?!?!

Oh, God, they just keep coming...

I'll never escape them... They're, they're all around me!!!

Oh, my god...

This was their plan... This was their plan all along...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Kuchisake-Onna is the Split Mouthed Woman.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Koji's monster/slasher flicks are significantly worse than his mockumentaries.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Kuchisake-Onna is the Split Mouthed Woman.

The worst part about the ones based on folk legends is that I can't tell which ones are part of a discrete franchise and which are just miscellaneous cash-grabs... SO I'LL JUST HAVE TO WATCH ALL OF THEM TO BE SURE!!!

Also, I completely forgot the CGI animated film released in the same year as Scream Girls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hldhYdGkQW4

weekly font posted:

Thanks, I'd hate to think I were getting my hopes up.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

K. Waste posted:

I'm just glad there was only one crossover so that I didn't force myself to--

*demonic cackling*

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Coffee And Pie posted:

So like an overweight, mustachioed middle aged white guy who drives a massive pickup and wears big ol dad jorts but is also really into LGBTQA rights and has a Truck Fump bumper sticker?

drat you autocorrect! drat you to the deepest pits of hell!

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

*demonic cackling*

Okay, now that I've calmed down, this is... this is do-able...

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

K. Waste posted:

If you watch six and a half movies a day, you could theoretically fit all of those in before you die on the seventh.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

weekly font posted:

Agreed ALTHOUGH Sadako vs. Kayako kicks rear end.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

If you watch six and a half movies a day, you could theoretically fit all of those in before you die on the seventh.

Then I'll be reborn more powerful than ever...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

Then I'll be reborn more powerful than ever...

Hell yeah.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you for reminding me about Dan Bell, HUNDU. I just watched the one where he's doing urbex in what turns out to be a trap house and it's one of the best punchlines I've ever seen

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
urbex horror where a guy stumbles into the haunted chapo trap house and is assaulted by a sentient baseball

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Thank you for reminding me about Dan Bell, HUNDU. I just watched the one where he's doing urbex in what turns out to be a trap house and it's one of the best punchlines I've ever seen

I forgot about him cause I forgot to subscribe to him. Changed that real quick.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I had a teacher who was a proper Hitchcock expert (like he's interviewed on special features and stuff) who showed us Juno on the first day.

Maybe this was just an incredible mindfuck.

K. Waste posted:

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I forgot about him cause I forgot to subscribe to him. Changed that real quick.

The whole thing is brilliant, you couldn't have staged the timing any better

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Another good Urbex channel is Tikitrex which is a middle aged Canadian woman who checks out interesting abandoned buildings and she's completely free of the forced spookiness that plagues a lot od YouTube UrbEx and generally a fun lady.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

CPL593H posted:

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

gently caress you, I haven't smoked pot in a month, and it sucks! I was way better off when I was getting high every day.

Oh, you meant the movies. Yeah, I definitely have a problem.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Why'd you stop?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Someone mentioned The Ring Virus earlier. Is it good? I have a low threshold for good, as I'm watching loving Rings right now...
And when I say right now, I mean my bestie wanted to watch it even though she knew it would be terrible, but then she got tired 40 minutes into it and we have to finish it tonight.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I smoked pot pretty much daily for a little over a year, and then right towards the end I found that every time I smoked pot by myself I'd just have this huge, quiet panic attack about all my failures, which still happens so I only smoke pot socially. Thankfully I don't really need it anymore (used to have major sleep anxiety), but man, that feeling of sitting there, caged in by a high, mind racing about all the ways I've wasted time, really sucks.

Snak posted:

Someone mentioned The Ring Virus earlier. Is it good?

It's extremely good.

Magic Hate Ball fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 13, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I rarely smoke weed. It's expensive and I mostly get drowsy and bored from it. I think I might just be more of a drunkard than a pothead.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Sir Kodiak posted:

Why'd you stop?

I didn't want to, but I pretty much have no way of getting it. All the people I knew in high school who smoked have either quit or moved away, all the people I know in college who I did it with have either quit or moved away, and my older brother used to hook me up with the stuff through his friends, but now he's moved away.

Snak posted:

Someone mentioned The Ring Virus earlier. Is it good?

drat straight.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

K. Waste posted:

I didn't want to, but I pretty much have no way of getting it. All the people I knew in high school who smoked have either quit or moved away, all the people I know in college who I did it with have either quit or moved away, and my older brother used to hook me up with the stuff through his friends, but now he's moved away.

Living in California I don't understand this paragraph at all. I recognize all of the words individually, but it's just complete gibberish in the order you've put them, like a Bush song or something.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Skwirl posted:

Living in California I don't understand this paragraph at all. I recognize all of the words individually, but it's just complete gibberish in the order you've put them, like a Bush song or something.

I remember my semester in California. Good times.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I've never taken any drugs or smoked cigarettes in my life. I can count the number of times I've been wasted drunk on one hand. I'm the Mike Pence of CineD. :(

The only way I'd even try weed is if it's in a legal area. I'm terrified of being arrested over it. But if my job ever sends me to Colorado, I'll probably try at least a pot cookie or something just to know what it's like.

Didn't Starewicz sometimes use taxidermied animals, too? That makes more sense, and there's no question Svankmajer himself was influenced by Starewicz.

He might just be that obsessive about detail, but I recall that The Cameraman's Revenge used preserved insect parts. Though, I don't know how they would hold up over handling and hot lights.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Egbert Souse posted:

The only way I'd even try weed is if it's in a legal area. I'm terrified of being arrested over it. But if my job ever sends me to Colorado, I'll probably try at least a pot cookie or something just to know what it's like.

DO NOT EAT THE WHOLE COOKIE AT ONCE

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Hes right. Eat two at once. We tend to make a huge batch in the house.

Although, next time think we need more weed in the cannabutter

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I want to see at least one movie while stoned.

I've seen one movie drunk and it was Night of the Museum. I remember finding it to be hilarious. Then I watched it a while later while sober and it wasn't as funny. Hmm.

edit: Also, TCM is sponsoring a 2-day theatrical reissue of The Godfather for June 4th and 7th. :getin:

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 13, 2017

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Return of the Living Dead is great stoned as is Chinese Ghost Story or the Wicker Man. Wanna try Hausu stoned as well.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
The first thing you should do high is listen to some music.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
First thing is doooooo whatever you want.

Speaking of which, I have some shrooms been meaning to make into tea when the weather gets nicer.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

*wakes up at noon*

Good morning CD!

*pulls a bong rip, goes right back to sleep*

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
wake and bake AND DIE

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Egbert Souse posted:

I've never taken any drugs or smoked cigarettes in my life. I can count the number of times I've been wasted drunk on one hand. I'm the Mike Pence of CineD. :(

Look closely at the dosage recommendations on the package, and if there isn't, ask advice from the retailer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html

K. Waste posted:

The first thing you should do high is listen to some music.

My absolute favorite pot memory is listening to Paranoid by Black Sabbath in a pitch black room with my friends when I was 17

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

As the great poet said:
Do a bunch of drugs
I'm a fiend and an addict
All methed up
watching television static
Gonna try and make it
For another year
Hanging with my best friends
Drinking lots of beer

And I'm so loving cheap
And I'm so loving broke
And I don't have a job
And I don't have a phone
I don't have a life
And I'm always stoned

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Get ur rocks off get ur rocks off honey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Okay, where can I watch The Ring Virus/ring (1999)?

• Locked thread