Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Soul Glo posted:

...Pushed against spell decks.

Uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Yeah, oops, indestructible :v:

Still, my point is that it's too slow for the main (and not good enough) and my sideboard for burn isn't dudes that turn sideways

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, oops, indestructible :v:

Still, my point is that it's too slow for the main (and not good enough) and my sideboard for burn isn't dudes that turn sideways

Oh yeah, I agree with the rest of what you said but it's the internet so I had to point out the one tiny mistake and ignore the rest. I'd play Molten Vortex before I play Hazoret in burn.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Nothing like showing up for FNM after a few months and hearing someone be so excited that our LGS is finally getting it's sanctioning back soon, only to lose to his deck full of proxies in the finals. Sanctioning might help, but if the new owner doesn't crack down on the garbage behavior (and hygiene) there, no amount of prize support is going to make me want to start playing regularly again.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Pretty sure that the proxies at least are going to stop, or otherwise that whole "sanctioning" thing won't last particularly long.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Legacy FNM trip report:

I wasn't going to bother going but I had to go mother's day shopping for my wife, so I was already there.

2 people showed up, including me. I mostly beat him. Turns out BUG cards the deck is bad against both Magus of the Moon and Burn. The streak of not firing legacy since the ban continues. The reserved list continues to be a boon to the game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Nothing like showing up for FNM after a few months and hearing someone be so excited that our LGS is finally getting it's sanctioning back soon, only to lose to his deck full of proxies in the finals. Sanctioning might help, but if the new owner doesn't crack down on the garbage behavior (and hygiene) there, no amount of prize support is going to make me want to start playing regularly again.

did you talk to the owner about it, cause that's a pretty big "don't do that" for sanctioned play

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angel of Sanctions, huh?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I"m sure at some point I'll get past the nostalgia of playing these specific cards again and want to try to win more consistently. But for right now I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. It's like remembering a great car you had when you were younger and finding it again in a barn somewhere. Firing it up and taking it for a spin is so satisfying even though there's newer, faster, better cars on the streets today. The Timewalk deck was annoying because it like watching someone play solitaire.

You might enjoy pauper. I've been playing it for mostly the same reasons you are, decks are similar to what I remember as a kid. Slivers, black control running pestilence, etc.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Count Bleck posted:

Angel of Sanctions, huh?

It's a 3/4 flying O-ring that reanimates itself for you.

No real question it was gonna find work somewhere.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's a 3/4 flying O-ring that reanimates itself for you.

No real question it was gonna find work somewhere.

I think it's a 4 of in the side board of those New Perspectives decks.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Pleasantdirge isn't frank lepore, right?

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

I'm curious how they lost their sanctioning in the first place.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
you know if i was playing at the pro tour i would have more then a few hesitations about playing known nazi sympathizer travis woo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
As someone that's been watching the stream on and off, I have no idea what the team rankings represent. What's the significance of "Top 4"?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

"each of the jeskai colors has a premier one drop, fan bearer, inciter, and slither blade"

amonkhet limited: not what I expected

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

you know if i was playing at the pro tour i would have more then a few hesitations about playing known nazi sympathizer travis woo

Whoa whoa whoa next thing you'll be saying we should Let Zach Play.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Is Travis Woo still posting crazy person youtube rants? Maybe he got therapy and fixed his brain problems and now we're seeing him recover from his mental illness :unsmith:

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Is Travis Woo still posting crazy person youtube rants? Maybe he got therapy and fixed his brain problems and now we're seeing him recover from his mental illness :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnk7xYTvUG0

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Travis Woo is loving crazy but if you look at his results recently it's apparent that he's also actually good at Magic

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
HOLY poo poo he did a TED TALK about the walking up stairs backwards thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OKUMmA0G6M

EDIT: Never mind it's a "TED x" which is like the Star City Tour of Ted Talks

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Twitch app for PS4 is such complete poo poo...

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
So what are the cool new standard decks that have shown up at the PT (ie: other than the same bullshit from pre-Amonkhet standard). I saw screenshots of New Perspectives combo, and Mono-B zombies but haven't been able to watch coverage other than limited.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
They are trying so hard to pretend that Nicol Bolas isn't behind all the shenanigans on Amonkhet in this R&D feature.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Of course the only video that is completly unwatchable on the PS4 Twitch app is the content and not their loving 3 commercials that they play over and over again.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

who is this Maria person? I think I prefer her to the Rich Hagon Thespian Power Hour

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
lol Ian Duke can't pronounce slough.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/slough?s=t

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

who is this Maria person? I think I prefer her to the Rich Hagon Thespian Power Hour

She does a podcast, I think. She's shown up in a LRR preprerelase before. She's alright.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

mcmagic posted:

Of course the only video that is completly unwatchable on the PS4 Twitch app is the content and not their loving 3 commercials that they play over and over again.

Does it do that thing where it ignores the screen size system setting and just cuts off every edge for you too?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cactrot posted:

Does it do that thing where it ignores the screen size system setting and just cuts off every edge for you too?

I can live with that I just except that. It's skipping back like 2 seconds every 30 or so seconds. It's completely unwatchable.

#BanUlamog

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 13, 2017

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Lilliana reanimating Ulamog is a pretty solid play.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Apropos of nothing: what's the pick here?

Fan Bearer
Tah-crop Skirmisher
Minotaur Sureshot
Djeru's Resolve
Dune Beetle
Greater Sandworm
Winds of Rebuke
Final Reward
Binding Mummy
Dissenter's Deliverance
Ruthless Sniper
Bontu's Monument
Seraph of the Suns
Rags // Riches

My friend gave me a pack for driving him home last night from FNM and I opened this. Is Rags // Riches that good? -2/-2 seems like it just doesn't have as much reach, and getting your opponents worst creature for 7 seems real average.

What would you guys take?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I take Sniper probably.

(the correct pick is probably Fan Bearer? idk)

edit: Oh, there's a Final Reward. I missed that somehow. hm

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Fan Bearer
Tah-crop Skirmisher
Minotaur Sureshot
Djeru's Resolve
Dune Beetle
Greater Sandworm
Winds of Rebuke
Final Reward
Binding Mummy
Dissenter's Deliverance
Ruthless Sniper
Bontu's Monument
Seraph of the Suns
Rags // Riches

My friend gave me a pack for driving him home last night from FNM and I opened this. Is Rags // Riches that good? -2/-2 seems like it just doesn't have as much reach, and getting your opponents worst creature for 7 seems real average.

Final Reward.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Fan Bearer
Tah-crop Skirmisher
Minotaur Sureshot
Djeru's Resolve
Dune Beetle
Greater Sandworm
Winds of Rebuke
Final Reward
Binding Mummy
Dissenter's Deliverance
Ruthless Sniper
Bontu's Monument
Seraph of the Suns
Rags // Riches

P1P1...Final Reward, no doubt.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

who cares, you clearly knew what he meant

loving linguistic prescriptivist scum

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Considering how insanely aggressive the PT is leaning I almost feel like Fan Bearer might be right but it's probably Final Reward and would definitely be that in most formats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mandatory lesbian posted:

who cares, you clearly knew what he meant

loving linguistic prescriptivist scum

Find your shift key :smug: