Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Luminous Cow posted:

I haven't played wc3 in about a million years so I've forgotten everything other than that scene where Arthas returns and the bells are tolling.

Hahaha that and the one where the demon dude is drawing sigils in the sand, raising a sand effigy of the city before swiping his hand through it are the only ones I remember. That, and a handful of the multi-click responses of various units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Luminous Cow posted:

Why do people want kel'thuzad so bad?

Because it's a dumb and lovely meme at this point.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Or because I'd like to play a god drat lich. And quote his Naxrammas boss lines as I freeze other liches.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
At this point a Naxx map with KT as announcer is just as if not more likely than an actual hero. Especially since I think they mentioned working on an actual Warcraft themed map.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

hey

gently caress you

i want frost novas

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

ToastyPotato posted:

At this point a Naxx map with KT as announcer is just as if not more likely than an actual hero. Especially since I think they mentioned working on an actual Warcraft themed map.

I'll be real surprised if next map isn't another Overwatch map, but goddamn Naxx map would be awesome.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kyrosiris posted:

How is wanting to play a sassy lich a "dumb and lovely meme"?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Kyrosiris posted:

Actually Kel'thuzad very unironically rules :hb:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

ToastyPotato posted:

I agree, there's already an ice mage and a necromancer in the game, and an ice necromancer knight. Those are vague enough concepts that there is plenty of design space still, but they probably are scratching their heads over a thematic niche

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
How's playing with goons attitude-wise? I'm a lovely silver player and it's really really annoying listening to people throw giant fits at the first setback in every game.

Would I learn something from goons or just get more annoyed?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Don't play with tcjimbo

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

How's playing with goons attitude-wise? I'm a lovely silver player and it's really really annoying listening to people throw giant fits at the first setback in every game.

in the rare occasions I play qm with goons they are usually pretty chill. I mean losing sucks so I don't expect people to happily say "oh well guys nice try" so I guess I have lower standards but in general you play a game and win or lose. There's very little drama.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

There's basically 3 groups of goons:
  1. People of mixed skill levels who try and put out a decent game and are really chill.
  2. People who ignore pings, are dead before every objective, whine about comps, and complain that it's ~just a game, bro~.
  3. tcjimbo

Join the goon channel and try to friend as many of group 1 as you can.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
I think I'm pretty nice; I just have high expectations of people who have played this game for over 200 hours.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Please insist that you don't play support before we ready up. I forget what happened last time each time

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Toshimo posted:

[*]People who ignore pings, are dead before every objective, whine about comps, and complain that it's ~just a game, bro~.

i didnt know DAC played this game

e: i tried to find the 'don't play with tcjimbo' photo from dota 2 but i couldn't, if someone could post it. thanks! tcjimbo doesn't bother me tbh, but it's a funny picture.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 13, 2017

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Don't play with tcjimbo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gustav posted:

I'll be real surprised if next map isn't another Overwatch map, but goddamn Naxx map would be awesome.

Come to think of it, is there even a strictly WC3 themed map?

It'll be CTF on Warsong Gulch.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Alterac Valley I can see actually being a thing too.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

It's in the OP of the previous thread:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I agree, there's already an ice mage and a necromancer in the game, and an ice necromancer knight. Those are vague enough concepts that there is plenty of design space still, but they probably are scratching their heads over a thematic niche

all of kel'thuzads abilities just summon other heroes. q is stiches, w is anub'arak, e is sylvanas (b/c she's the banshee queen)

his ultimate is just arthas

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Minrad posted:

all of kel'thuzads abilities just summon other heroes. q is stiches, w is anub'arak, e is sylvanas (b/c she's the banshee queen)

Yeah, but if I wanted to play a game where I get frustrated at having a garbage team comp with badly coded bot AIs I would just quick match.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Minrad posted:

Hell yes I want to play Judicator Argo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Enemy drafts are letting me get away with picking Chen in HL and it's just the best :allears:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ragnaros is amazing. I got a septuple kill

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Kyrosiris posted:

Shut the hell up you drat idiot

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
New hero concept:

I don't know what it is (Overmind? Deathwing?), but something so powerful that it takes up 5 slots so you just play solo against an entire team. No more complaining about ELO hell!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

porfiria posted:

New hero concept:

I don't know what it is (Overmind? Deathwing?), but something so powerful that it takes up 5 slots so you just play solo against an entire team. No more complaining about ELO hell!

A 5man giant hero that required different people to control different parts would own

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kashuno posted:

A 5man giant hero that required different people to control different parts would own

Eye of C'Thun, Tentacles/Claws of C'Thun, Stomach of C'Thun

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

porfiria posted:

New hero concept:

The hero could just be called "Warcraft III" and one player is literally just playing Warcraft III against a team of MOBA characters

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The hero could just be called "Warcraft III" and one player is literally just playing Warcraft III against a team of MOBA characters

That actually sounds kinda fun. I think I remember enjoying that map in old school DotA.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

FYI, someone on reddit made a useful image, if you want to agonize over levels during loading screen.

e: tables

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 14, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kashuno posted:

Mimiron

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I still have no idea at all why they can't just list the number straight up, there's WAY more than enough room

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Don't play with tcjimbo

Hot take: Always play with Tcjimbo.

On another note, while I finally have all the heroes available - getting them all past 5 is a drag. I know it doesn't take long, but with so many, it feels a bit overwhelming. I think I currently have 7-9 more heroes to level to 5 and I feel like I'm still leveling too slow even with the stim. I've been mainly qming it up - is leveling up heroes faster playing AI games?

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
Playing AI games is a colossal waste of time. Just queue as a 5 stack with goons and suck; you'll learn how to play the hero against real humans and get a feel for what works and why.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Caeks posted:

Hot take: Always play with Tcjimbo.

On another note, while I finally have all the heroes available - getting them all past 5 is a drag. I know it doesn't take long, but with so many, it feels a bit overwhelming. I think I currently have 7-9 more heroes to level to 5 and I feel like I'm still leveling too slow even with the stim. I've been mainly qming it up - is leveling up heroes faster playing AI games?

The majority of your XP comes from time played, but winning a game vs real people nets you an extra 50k xp.

If you're seriously just playing heroes you don't care about to 5 for the loot, putting on a movie and playing vs is going to be drat near as fast and way less stress.

If you want to learn them and improve yourself, play vs real people for bonus XP and no bad habits.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

tcjimbo posted:

I think I'm pretty nice; I just have high expectations of people who have played this game for over 200 hours.

i think i played dota 2 with you like 3 years ago and i just remember you asking your goon teammates if they were gay a lot

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Poultron posted:

I still have no idea at all why they can't just list the number straight up, there's WAY more than enough room

At the least if they are going to limit the number shown, they should show the *first* digit. 0 for anything under 100, the 1, 2, 3. If a guy is a "5" that means he's level 500 something, who cares about the exact amount. If you're over 1000 the game makes you uninstall and take a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If I could impart any bit of wisdom to Goons it would be this: Never... EVER... play Sgt. Hammer.

Every time I see a Goon swap to Hammer, I am tempted to drop group and solo queue. They always feed all game and produce nothing. Without fail.