Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

hakimashou posted:

She's magnificent just like I said before.

not really, no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

not really, no

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

Reporters have said that multiple Tory MPs referred to May as "mummy" with no prompting on telephone calls

Plz stop

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
May is majestic and I wish we had someone just half as qualified and right for the job in Canada.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
All britons have been bred with a deep seated desire to be humiliated by their social betters, this election is no different

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Baloogan posted:

May is majestic and I wish we had someone just half as qualified and right for the job in Canada.

You would have been the kind of teenager who had a giant poster of Maggie Thatcher above their bed

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

i got the impression you didn't like neoliberals

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

and i must meme posted:

i got the impression you didn't like neoliberals

I can still respect someone who doesn't share every single one of my opinions

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Baloogan posted:

I can still respect someone who doesn't share every single one of my opinions

:reddit: gently caress OFF NAZI UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :reddit:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Thatcher knew that peolpe who worked for her were pedo's and she didn't care because she knew it meant she could control them

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Jose posted:

Thatcher knew that peolpe who worked for her were pedo's and she didn't care because she knew it meant she could control them

there's an interview where one of her advisers implies that no-one high up believed in the economic theories they were using (monetarism, I think?) and their objective really was just so capitalists could make more profit at the expense of the working class

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

when the poll tax is lit

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Jose posted:

pretty effective system for bosses. aside from the 'horrific atrocities' part that is.

maybe a different form of closet skeleton, pedoing seems a step too far.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

lorn Wayne posted:

pretty effective system for bosses. aside from the 'horrific atrocities' part that is.

maybe a different form of closet skeleton, pedoing seems a step too far.
The leader of the Red Hand Commando (a unionist terrorist group in NI) was a known paedophile who British intelligence sent to orphanages as leverage.

A really bad bunch!!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jose posted:

ah yes, the mafia school of management

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

i've never been so glad that my ancestors decided to jump on ships bound for a viable colony

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

Baloogan posted:

*rips off Baloogan's mask*

Andrew Sullivan?!?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Hodgepodge posted:

i've never been so glad that my ancestors decided to jump on ships bound for a viable colony

yeah, holy gently caress

not for the same (politics) reasons but goddamn lol @ europe

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

and i must meme posted:

there's an interview where one of her advisers implies that no-one high up believed in the economic theories they were using (monetarism, I think?) and their objective really was just so capitalists could make more profit at the expense of the working class

i wear a hat made of tinfoil to protect myself from the capitalism rays too

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
english politics is very hosed up

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
if you think English politics is hosed up try Northern Ireland lol

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Living on islands have really taken a toll on you guys

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Iceland is doing OK, isn't it? Probably their Superior Nordic Genes.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
clearly the answer is smaller and more inhospitable islands

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

jBrereton posted:

if you think English politics is hosed up try Northern Ireland lol

Or australia

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
canadian politics is lame but mostly sane :/

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Modern Britain is what happens when you have a country that was very powerful just after all the people who remember it actually being powerful have died

Just a bunch of toffs ineptly cosplaying at empire

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i wear a hat made of tinfoil to protect myself from the capitalism rays too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdZp5iw-UEo

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

right there in the vid posted:

Now again, I would not say I believe that story, but when I really worry about all this I worry whether that indeed was really what was going on.

great so not even the only source of this statement thinks it's a likely explanation lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

great so not even the only source of this statement thinks it's a likely explanation lmao

So you think Thatcher broke the back of the British working class for fun?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So you think Thatcher broke the back of the British working class for fun?

so you think thatcher breaking up the unions that led to a three day week, constant power blackouts because mining didn't produce enough leccy to supply the grid, and that also completely refused to negotiate with a friendly labour government, you think that it wasn't those things that led to thatcher being elected and the unions being broken, it was an evil capitalist conspiracy to destroy them for profit instead lol?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
TBF winning is just fun in itself so maybe she did crush them all for fun?

They don't call her The Iron Lady for nothing.

hakimashou has issued a correction as of 01:57 on May 14, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

so you think thatcher breaking up the unions that led to a three day week, constant power blackouts because mining didn't produce enough leccy to supply the grid, and that also completely refused to negotiate with a friendly labour government, you think that it wasn't those things that led to thatcher being elected and the unions being broken, it was an evil capitalist conspiracy to destroy them for profit instead lol?

Labour action that isn't economically disruptive is toothless. The whole point of controlling labor is to guarantee the profits of capitalism.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
thatcher doubling on an economic policy that didn't do so well for political reasons was bad, but it wasn't as bad as the entire 1970s when the unions went completely batshit and ground the country to a standstill

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Labour action that isn't economically disruptive is toothless. The whole point of controlling labor is to guarantee the profits of capitalism.

it was the unions being economically disruptive for an entire decade for not very good reasons that made thatcher and her policies popular enough for her to get elected in the first place

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

MikeCrotch posted:

Modern Britain is what happens when you have a country that was very powerful just after all the people who remember it actually being powerful have died

Just a bunch of toffs ineptly cosplaying at empire

evidently, it's closer to erotic roleplay

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it was the unions being economically disruptive for an entire decade for not very good reasons that made thatcher and her policies popular enough for her to get elected in the first place

Labor being entitled to all it creates is the best reason.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Labor being entitled to all it creates is the best reason.

labour: entitled to mountains of worthless coal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
labour: entitled to whatever people used to do before everything was made in china