Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

bobvonunheil posted:

You actually get an entire extra stage, not just a "true ending". It's more worth it than you think.

Well... butts. Off I go then. Dunno how I'm gonna be able to tell which dungeons still have health upgrades and the like, I've long forgotten. :( Hell literally everything's marked on the maps :downs:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnm616
Dec 4, 2004
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
I think I've got the left joy-con desync issue going on. I was playing mario kart and it worked fine the first race I played but then the second there was really bad controller lag and it was missing most of my inputs. I tried resyncing and again it worked the first race and went wonky on the second.

Is Nintendo replacing the left joycons? Is there something I can try to fix it?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Arnm616 posted:

I think I've got the left joy-con desync issue going on. I was playing mario kart and it worked fine the first race I played but then the second there was really bad controller lag and it was missing most of my inputs. I tried resyncing and again it worked the first race and went wonky on the second.

Is Nintendo replacing the left joycons? Is there something I can try to fix it?

Nintendo will fix it for you, or you can open it up and fix it yourself but I think it's pretty tedious.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

My joycons have no sync issues but the left one's battery seems to die faster than the rights. Does anyone else experience this?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

.TakaM posted:

I downloaded Minecraft too, if you wanna add my friend code: 3755-9383-6891
So far it seems pretty solid, easily the best handheld version of Minecraft. I'm a little disappointed that it runs at 720p while docked and I've already had the game crash once

Waluigi skin included for free though

Sent you a request.

Adding myself to the goon spreadsheet if for MK8, Minecraft and Tumbleseed too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How's Minecraft Switch compared to it on Wii U? I know the world size is bigger but how about draw distance?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

SeANMcBAY posted:

How's Minecraft Switch compared to it on Wii U? I know the world size is bigger but how about draw distance?

Grabbed this from Gonintendo:

- render distance in single player docked mode is either 11 or 12 chunks
- on Xbox 360/PS3/Wii U: the render distance was 10 chunks
- on undocked Switch, the render distance is 7 chunks,
- for comparison, Vita's render distance is 5 chunks
- PS4/Xbox One version has an 18 chunk render distance at 1080p
- docked Switch version appears to be 720p, but this is not confirmed

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fancy Hat! posted:

Chunks, not voxels. I was very concerned for a second. 11-12 chunks is pleeeeenty.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yeah, I have the 360 version, and the render distance was fine to me.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord
Any chance that someone purchased the Zelda RDS Case and would like to trade one of their blue game cases for a red one?

:sissies:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks for encouraging me to get the true ending on Blaster Master Zero, that was pretty satisfying and the backtrack didn't take as long as I thought at all. Great game. :)

Now I'm not sure what to do with my Switch for a while, though. I stink at puzzle games, don't much like racing games, and BotW crashed and burned spectacularly for me on the WiiU. (Maybe it's better when it's portable...?)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Can I ask why you bought a Switch if you don't like any of the launch titles?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Norns posted:

Ciaphas posted:

I keep getting tempted to go out and look for a Switch then I remember there's been no announcement of any Monster Hunter for it (yet). :(

Ciaphas posted:

I've played with my Switch for all of five minutes and already I really really want a Metroid game on this thing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
see, the big announcement at E3 will be #FE for the switch, including a skip button for session combos

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I bought Binding of Isaac and I'm not sure I 'get' it. Do you just do the same random assortment of dungeons over and over again? Go and beat all the challenges? Try and clear all the daily challenges too?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Louisgod posted:

I bought Binding of Isaac and I'm not sure I 'get' it. Do you just do the same random assortment of dungeons over and over again? Go and beat all the challenges? Try and clear all the daily challenges too?

Have you played any other Rogue-Like game?

You can beat the game in less than an hour (even quicker in the beginning). You unlock new items, new characters, new end levels, etc, each time you beat it with a specific character or met some specific requirement.

Sometimes you will be really overpowered, underpowered other times. It's random.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The more you beat the game the more things you unlock. So you should pick a character you like and beat Mom with them, then maybe pick another one and beat Mom again which will unlock new bosses, then you beat those new bosses which unlock more bosses, and all the while as you're beating those bosses on different characters you're unlocking different items that go into the rotation, making new potential synergies which help you to beat more bosses and the new difficulties, etc etc etc

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Norns posted:

Sure, and I'll answer "because I have the self control of a horny teenager" :v: Otherwise I would have waited for aforementioned MonHun and more Metroidlikes like BM0 turned out to be.

Also portable Binding of Isaac since I don't have any other portables anymore, but that's a waiting room type thing, not something I play at home

(edit) Oh! Kamiko too, forgot about that.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 13, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Splatoon 2 is gonna be the poo poo and its only a couple months away. Worth securing a Switch when you can so you'll have one for Splatoon 2.

And Arms comes out in a month and will hold us over until the glory that is Splatoon 2 arrives :pray:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'll probably end up buying MK8D at some point anyway because my brother has it and playing multiplayer games with him is always a Great Time. I just don't expect it to see much play at home!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Man I can't even imagine someone (who likes video games) not enjoying BotW. One of the few games I'd recommend to anyone.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
NY Times: The Nintendo Switch of My Dreams

:shrug:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

I have not actually touched a Nintendo Switch with my own hands or even been in the same room as one, but from my sophisticated online snooping, I can tell you that the controller vibrates and can be detached, and the graphics are elaborate, unlike the pixelated eight-bit renderings of my memories, punctuated by a primitive synthesizer score. In the several decades I’ve been out of the game, the Nintendo has grown up. What a reunion it would be, the two of us together again as adults, I often think.

:confused:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Cool gif though

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Stux posted:

i need about $200,000 for bail can anyone help me out.

Blue team wins renegade roundup.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

That's me loving my switch

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is there a single person who can write well about video games

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zelder posted:

Is there a single person who can write well about video games

Nipplebandit's F-Zero rant is good writing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
nyt bad, so what?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Started up Zelda after a short break again and it's still so loving good. Finishing up the last few shrines before I head to the castle.

Playing it over 2 months I think was a good idea. Marathoning this kinda game over the first week would have ruined it.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Fancy Hat! posted:

yes currently Minecraft is only 720p on the switch whether docked or in portable, it's not a huge deal in a game like Minecraft- but I hope we get a 1080p update for docked mode one day

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
smdh that minecraft isn't 4K resolution running at 60fps

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dat hd rumble

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Imagined posted:

Man I can't even imagine someone (who likes video games) not enjoying BotW. One of the few games I'd recommend to anyone.

I love video games! I just bounced really hard off BotW when I tried to play it on the Wii U. I'm not entiiirely sure why, but the two reasons I'd pin down are just not liking consoles anymore (I'm not as comfortable in a recliner or couch as I am at my desk), and decision paralysis when presented with a huge world. Stopped playing Horizon for probably the same two reasons.

I still wonder if I would like BotW more in portable form, though. It does seem like the sort of game you can pick up, look around for a while and put down again real easily.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

What makes Minecraft cost $30 now instead of the €5 I paid for it? Did they add an actual campaign or something, or is it still just a sandbox?

Ciaphas posted:

(I'm not as comfortable in a recliner or couch as I am at my desk)

Try plugging your Switch into your PC monitor. I play all of my consoles this way and it's magical.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

What makes Minecraft cost $30 now instead of the €5 I paid for it? Did they add an actual campaign or something, or is it still just a sandbox?

People will pay that for it now basically.

Its stupidly popular still even if its past its heyday.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ciaphas posted:

I love video games! I just bounced really hard off BotW when I tried to play it on the Wii U. I'm not entiiirely sure why, but the two reasons I'd pin down are just not liking consoles anymore (I'm not as comfortable in a recliner or couch as I am at my desk), and decision paralysis when presented with a huge world. Stopped playing Horizon for probably the same two reasons.

I still wonder if I would like BotW more in portable form, though. It does seem like the sort of game you can pick up, look around for a while and put down again real easily.

You should definitely give it another try on Switch. It's fantastic in portable form. The game itself is One Of The Best Games Ever quality as well.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 14, 2017

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

For what it's worth, I played Zelda mostly undocked cause I prefer handhelds, and I enjoyed it very much that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

SeANMcBAY posted:

You should definitely give it another try on Switch. It's fantastic in portable form. The game itself is One Of The Best Games Ever quality as well.

I wouldn't go that far. It's a big empty world. Well OK, I exaggerate, it's got korok seeds and... more korok seeds and combat shrines and more combat shrines and treasure chests that usually don't have anything worthy. And then there's five dungeons, which are clever and great, but... I wish there was more to it. This ain't Zelda as I knew it, and I'm not sure if it's for the better.

I ended up rating it lower than Twilight Princess. Hell, even Skyward Sword feels more substantial than BotW. But that's how the Zelda cycle works. :v:

• Locked thread