Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Alaois posted:

"I really didn't say everything I said." - Yogi Berra

"No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded." - Yogi Berra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Lol maybe 1944 gis were thinking that.

They really weren't

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

"No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded." - Yogi Berra

"Hey-hey-hey, pick-a-nick baskets!"
- Yogi Berra

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

WOW, what a hot take you brave goon.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Goons only post latuff ironically to bait other goons

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Goons only post latuff ironically to bait other goons

Is "ironic" the slang you kids use for "lazy" or "low effort"?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

flosofl posted:

Is "ironic" the slang you kids use for "lazy" or "low effort"?

No we use 'flosofl' for that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

No we use 'flosofl' for that.

:vince:

Well done (and I know I made it easy).

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

flosofl posted:

:vince:

Well done (and I know I made it easy).

Yeah I couldn't resist.

And i don't even know what kids do these days :corsair:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

And i don't even know what kids do these days :corsair:

they bone

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

New Phoenix Wright looks interesting.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Athens man arrested second time in three months for family violence involving pork chop

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Debt Dodgers: Some cash-strapped former students are choosing to leave America behind in order to avoid paying off their giant debts.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Florida Man Crashes Into Fire Hydrant and Drowns on 89th Birthday
:smith:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Is this the last we'll hear from Florida Man?

Stay tuned, same Florida Time, same Florida Channel

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

syscall girl posted:

Is this the last we'll hear from Florida Man?

Stay tuned, same Florida Time, same Florida Channel
When one Florida Man dies, another ten rise to take his place.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
You can strike me down but I shall become more Florida than you can possibly imagine.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

And on the same page

"Memphis, Tennessee, Man Fatally Sets Himself on Fire on Facebook Live"

quote:

The video shows McLemore seated while he pours kerosene all over his body. He then lights himself on fire and runs off screen.

Witnesses said McLemore was on fire from head to foot when he ran inside the bar, where his ex-girlfriend worked. One man inside was burned after he tried to kick the lighter out of McLemore's hands and was taken to a hospital, where he's expected to make a full recovery.

Koehler said McLemore targeted Murphy's because his ex-girlfriend worked there.

Court records show that McLemore threatened to kill his ex and was sentenced to probation on domestic assault charges last month.

Which reminds me of.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Boring, Oregon. A town that ABSOLUTELY lives up to its name.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Pastor eaten by crocodiles after trying to ‘walk on water like Jesus’
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/crocodile-attack-pastor-eaten-walk-on-water-like-jesus-zimbabwe-crocodile-river-a7736126.html

“We still don’t understand how this happened because he fasted and prayed the whole week”
:iiam:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Stoatbringer posted:

“We still don’t understand how this happened because he fasted and prayed the whole week”

He mustn't have prayed correctly. I've been praying and fasting* for a week and haven't been eaten by a croc.

* I haven't eaten take out once

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That'll make for an interesting episode of "Dumb People Town"

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Catberry posted:

And on the same page

"Memphis, Tennessee, Man Fatally Sets Himself on Fire on Facebook Live"

Read this as "finally sets himself on fire", wondered if he kept telling people he was gonna do it for so long they just got bored and went "sure Bob, of course you will" every time he brought it up until he actually did it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Stoatbringer posted:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/crocodile-attack-pastor-eaten-walk-on-water-like-jesus-zimbabwe-crocodile-river-a7736126.html

:iiam:

Isn't it, like, the height of blasphemy to try and recreate Jesus' minor miracles? Those crocs were obviously Christ himself coming to stop a blasphemer.

Did they say this unprompted, or were they asked about it specifically? Either way is pretty strange, but there is a bit of a difference there.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ruflux posted:

Read this as "finally sets himself on fire", wondered if he kept telling people he was gonna do it for so long they just got bored and went "sure Bob, of course you will" every time he brought it up until he actually did it

:same:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

WWN is probably cheating but I loved this

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/nedoliver/status/863847759614541824

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/notabeanie/status/863920452288118784

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
More available here

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh man those are funny, now I'm sad it's not from some real show tho. :v:

This is true however:
https://twitter.com/WCVB/status/864083470523420672

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

SpacePig posted:

Isn't it, like, the height of blasphemy to try and recreate Jesus' minor miracles? Those crocs were obviously Christ himself coming to stop a blasphemer.

Not unless he was claiming that he actually was Jesus, which it doesn't seem like he was. Some denominations believe that if a person is sufficiently righteous, that God will grant them the ability to perform miracles such as faith healing, handling dangerous serpents, speaking in tongues, etc.

A lot of denominations would regard it as foolish, since while it would be within God's power to grant such power and protection, God has no reason to do so for a person who intentionally places themselves in harm's way. There's a huge difference between someone who, through unlucky circumstances, finds themselves in mortal danger from wild animals and prays for deliverance, and someone who runs headlong into an alligator-infested body of water expecting God to keep them safe because they're such a good person.

I would personally interpret it as the person testing whether their faith is true in God's eyes, which is something that most denominations say that a person cannot know.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

My goal is to become a respected professor and issue announcements on the plausibility of unrelated things.

Mutant attack dogs technically possible.
Solar powered unicycles achievable within the next decade.
Feeding california into a giant blender likely to prove impractical

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

SpacePig posted:

Did they say this unprompted, or were they asked about it specifically? Either way is pretty strange, but there is a bit of a difference there.

You're not really getting into the spirit of this thread at all. It says 'Weird News Headlines' not 'Weird News Articles'.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anything is fine, and stop complaining about fake news!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Azathoth posted:

Not unless he was claiming that he actually was Jesus, which it doesn't seem like he was. Some denominations believe that if a person is sufficiently righteous, that God will grant them the ability to perform miracles such as faith healing, handling dangerous serpents, speaking in tongues, etc.

A lot of denominations would regard it as foolish, since while it would be within God's power to grant such power and protection, God has no reason to do so for a person who intentionally places themselves in harm's way. There's a huge difference between someone who, through unlucky circumstances, finds themselves in mortal danger from wild animals and prays for deliverance, and someone who runs headlong into an alligator-infested body of water expecting God to keep them safe because they're such a good person.

I would personally interpret it as the person testing whether their faith is true in God's eyes, which is something that most denominations say that a person cannot know.

Yeah, despite the fact that I haven't set foot in a church in decades, my mind immediately jumped to: "And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."--Luke 4:12 Deliberately being a dumbass in hopes that a being of immense power will do tricks on command just seems like a terrible idea. And then you get eaten by crocodiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Texas man sues date for texting during a movie.