Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't have enough to purchase the game and don't feel like watching cutscenes online. I'm going to ask if in story mode there are any hints of obvious future DLC characters (Like if Starfire showed up in storymode similar to Tanya) or significant NPC characters. Please keep all replies in spoiler tags and double check it.

Starfire and Jason are name dropped on the intro chapter but that is far as acknowledging their existence go. Some premier skins like Reverse Flash or Grid do show up through the plot as minor characters. Besides that, the multiple cameos on arcade ladder endings are the only thing one could consider as hits for future DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hahah what the gently caress is with El Robins voice?!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Reaction from people on Twitter with early copies is positive. Coach Steve says Grodd is one of the most fun characters he's ever played in a fighting game. I can't wait til next week, early tournaments for new games are always rad.

Robin seems to be the most popular character, but I see lots of buzz for Cold and Wonder Woman too.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 13, 2017

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Lots of great options for premier skins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3h04pvbMY

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Boo, if you block an attack or get hit while holding Brainiac's trait or while its on screen, you lose it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Similar to a lot of Predator's toys, then

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

No idea. I was hoping it would work similarly to a sonic boom or something where you can summon it to cover your advance but apparently that's not possible. I guess it works this way so you can't release it while you're being comboed to get a free break?

Does anyone know how Cyborg's robot friends work? Do they disappear on hit/block too?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is pre-load available on PS4 yet?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Are any of these people with early copies streaming this stuff somewhere?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Are any of these people with early copies streaming this stuff somewhere?

No streams until Monday at 22:00 Mountain Time. People are posting clips on Twitter and YouTube but anything related to story content seems to be getting nuked really fast.

I get not wanting story stuff to leak early, but not letting people stream training room or versus is passing up free advertising.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
man it comes out of thurdsay in europe, that loving sucks

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LLJKSiLk posted:

Lots of great options for premier skins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3h04pvbMY

This skit didn't work in Killer Frost, loving pathetic.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

This skit didn't work in Killer Frost, loving pathetic.

She doesn't use an ice ray gun.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

AndyElusive posted:

She doesn't use an ice ray gun.

Neither does Ice.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got my copy at a my local Street Date breaking store, (If you are in SoCal, and near Long Beach or LA, look up Gameplay), and it is pretty great so far. One thing I like (Forgive me if this was in the last game, I forget if it was) is that all the characters have tutorial challenges that take you through a few special moves and combo strings. It is not nearly as comprehensive as Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator tutorials, but they do help with where to start on a character, and they reward a silver loot box for each set.

Apparently, the box says that it has PS Pro Enhancements. I do not quite see them, but then, 4K gaming is kind of a snake oil right now (Take it from me, a sucker who fell for it).

On the other hand, it has HDR, which IS a great enhancement!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Neither does Ice.

That's not very cool.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

No idea. I was hoping it would work similarly to a sonic boom or something where you can summon it to cover your advance but apparently that's not possible. I guess it works this way so you can't release it while you're being comboed to get a free break?

Does anyone know how Cyborg's robot friends work? Do they disappear on hit/block too?

I think his Roomba only goes away once it blows up.

SonicFox already putting out sick clips of Cold, Scarecrow. Also mentioned Joker could "6-4 Aquaman easy" which excites me that the worst character might now be equals with the best character from the last game

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

fadam posted:

They said on the latest stream that Cyborg's bots don't disappear on hit since they take so long to recharge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCS_-I-7-60

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

McSpanky posted:

They said on the latest stream that Cyborg's bots don't disappear on hit since they take so long to recharge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCS_-I-7-60

That's fair I suppose. Brainiac's charges a lot quicker and he can launch several in a row.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm getting Story Mode spoillers from Youtube thumbnails so fair warning to everyone

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm getting Story Mode spoillers from Youtube thumbnails so fair warning to everyone

yeah watch out for the gorilla grodd sex scene spoilers

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I can't believe the game ends with Supergirl marrying her old boyfriend, a talking horse.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I was touched when Superman proposed to Batman at the reception.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Unlucky7 posted:

I got my copy at a my local Street Date breaking store, (If you are in SoCal, and near Long Beach or LA, look up Gameplay), and it is pretty great so far. One thing I like (Forgive me if this was in the last game, I forget if it was) is that all the characters have tutorial challenges that take you through a few special moves and combo strings. It is not nearly as comprehensive as Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator tutorials, but they do help with where to start on a character, and they reward a silver loot box for each set.

Apparently, the box says that it has PS Pro Enhancements. I do not quite see them, but then, 4K gaming is kind of a snake oil right now (Take it from me, a sucker who fell for it).

On the other hand, it has HDR, which IS a great enhancement!

The last game had only a generalized tutorial.

DLC Inc posted:

I think his Roomba only goes away once it blows up.

SonicFox already putting out sick clips of Cold, Scarecrow. Also mentioned Joker could "6-4 Aquaman easy" which excites me that the worst character might now be equals with the best character from the last game

Aquaman was definitely not the best character.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

C. Everett Koop posted:

I am watching, oh baby.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

C. Everett Koop posted:

FunkMonkey posted:

I am watching, oh baby.

How is Iris supposed to compete with that?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I dont know posted:

How is Iris supposed to compete with that?

Iris is in Super Jail in this universe guy, the world is his oyster.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ya'll on east coast timezone can preload injustice and any dlc you got

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv5MAcMDfbA

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Have they mentioned if the premium skins in the various special edition preorders will ever go on sale separately?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Have they mentioned if the premium skins in the various special edition preorders will ever go on sale separately?

Power Girl and the God Shader come on the Fighter Pack 1 bundle according to Microsoft's description.

More Freeze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHk1yXc9nRQ

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sad they didn't go all in on the Arnold.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man they pretty much messed up everything with making Freeze.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man they pretty much messed up everything with making Freeze.

Given is only a reskin of Cold, they had to ditch the bulky armor to avoid making too jarring his animations, and even then it looks weird at times.

Personally it has grown on me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Given is only a reskin of Cold, they had to ditch the bulky armor to avoid making too jarring his animations, and even then it looks weird at times.

Personally it has grown on me.

Even ignoring the look. The voice is awful too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Freeze's lines seem decent enough, the accent works for him. honestly the design is just missing the bubble helm, there have been plenty of sleeker Mr Freeze looks (even his suit in BTAS wasn't very bulky). i dont like the bared arms or the weird pants. the chest stuff is fine. he's not entirely stupid looking, but hes hamstrung by the limitations of being a skin for Captain Cold

here's hoping we see them add a more BTAS looking variant of him as DLC or something. i'd love to see some costume variants for the Premier Shader characters since they don't have gear

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Guy futzin around with WW combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-91a2fsqJI

she can get b3 raw off ex shield, but its a 1 frame link apparently.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Was Injustice 2 released early or something? I just turned on my PS4 it it started to download. I can't wait to see if it does actually play. Going to sit here and wait an tap my foot rather than playing a second run through of Resident Evil 7.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Was Injustice 2 released early or something? I just turned on my PS4 it it started to download. I can't wait to see if it does actually play. Going to sit here and wait an tap my foot rather than playing a second run through of Resident Evil 7.

Modern consoles pre load your preorders for you then unlock the moment it hits 12 am on mondays or w/e

do the second RE7 run through because its a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Ah okay I don't normally digitally pre order because my hard drive was one of the old 500gb ones but I did this time because I replaced it with a 2TB harddrive on my PS4 so it wasn't as big of an issue to buy it digitally. I can hope and try to play it though can't I? I sure ash heck am gonna try haha. At least in the downloads list I know I am getting Darkseid, the Powergirl skin, etc.....

Edit: I was actually dreading playing the second runthrough of RE7. I really didn't like it - only RE game that comes to mind that I didn't like. but I paid for it and I am going to get my money's worth and see the other ending haha.

Edit: if it doesn't work I'll reread JL A League of One - WW Odyssey, and several other of my WW comics - the go start RE7 again haha - I hate waking up in the middle of the night haha.

Edit again: yup yeah playable in 1 day 21ish hours.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 14, 2017

• Locked thread