Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

Oh man I had forgotten about that one, that was truly some next level awful when he turned around and accused the dad of raping the dog. IIRC the story turned out to be confirmed fake tho fortunately.

is that the whole colby fiasco or were there multiple dog abuse sagas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

Get this: He didn't think about you while you were there. He isn't thinking about you now, either. He's thinking about his train collection or whatever weird thing he likes. Sherlock, maybe.

He might be thinking about me, and how he hurt my feelings, and be beating himself up about it....

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

is that the whole colby fiasco or were there multiple dog abuse sagas?

Son molests family dog, dad figures out something happened and confronts him, son admits it was wrong/won't happen again. Dad makes him go to therapy for a bit but otherwise doesn't tell mom cause he thinks that he's working through it and the son will be more comfortable with his dad on this subject. Month or two later son molests dog again, this time dad does tell mom, when mom confronts son he lies and ends up suggesting that it is dad who is raping dog. Wife somehow accepts lying teen facing possibly severe consequences at face value, leaves with son/dog and tells all their friends/family that they're getting divorced cause dad is a dogfucker. Month later son is diddling the dog again and gets bit, gets caught by mom who comes groveling back to dad but it's too late marriage is over.

It was like a slow motion trainwreck played out in updates but later confirmed to be a work of fiction fortunately.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

Son molests family dog, dad figures out something happened and confronts him, son admits it was wrong/won't happen again. Dad makes him go to therapy for a bit but otherwise doesn't tell mom cause he thinks that he's working through it and the son will be more comfortable with his dad on this subject. Month or two later son molests dog again, this time dad does tell mom, when mom confronts son he lies and ends up suggesting that it is dad who is raping dog. Wife somehow accepts lying teen facing possibly severe consequences at face value, leaves with son/dog and tells all their friends/family that they're getting divorced cause dad is a dogfucker. Month later son is diddling the dog again and gets bit, gets caught by mom who comes groveling back to dad but it's too late marriage is over.

It was like a slow motion trainwreck played out in updates but later confirmed to be a work of fiction fortunately.

yeah, that's the colby thing.

How'd they prove it was fake?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ArbitraryC posted:

There are some really hosed up people in this world to get off from writing a serial drama about dogfucking in a /relationships format.

rat-born cock
Apr 3, 2017

"Garbage! Trash! Offal! Debris! Come and get it! Nothing whole or undamaged! Crap, tripe, and useless piles of shit. You know you want it."

Pick posted:

He might be thinking about me, and how he hurt my feelings, and be beating himself up about it....

I was like 800 posts behind, so OOC I jumped ahead to see if pick was still talking about that one guy. I think it's kind of funny that Pick has basically made all goons into her mega-Hugh and now she's trying to squeeze more compassion from the 'tism stone. No judgment, just lol.

also, what is the thread's preferred way of avoiding reposts? Or do you all have creepy photographic memories for reddit stories?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

yeah, that's the colby thing.

How'd they prove it was fake?

I forget exactly but I think they ended up either posting an update under their main account by accident (where their history made it was clear that they were not married with teenage son) or something to that effect.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

rat-born cock posted:

I was like 800 posts behind, so OOC I jumped ahead to see if pick was still talking about that one guy. I think it's kind of funny that Pick has basically made all goons into her mega-Hugh and now she's trying to squeeze more compassion from the 'tism stone. No judgment, just lol.

also, what is the thread's preferred way of avoiding reposts? Or do you all have creepy photographic memories for reddit stories?

If it didnt come up in the last few pages nobody will remember, except, all the ones that arent in the bracket tier tales people forget all the time and repost and chat about again.

Like the tales about "my SO is going on a trip without me and a person they want to gently caress, what does it mean" at this point could be a mad lib for how many there are.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

rat-born cock posted:

Generally, there are so many stories that reposts are uncommon, and this thread is so big that most people haven't seen a story before because it's on page 391 which not everyone read so it doesn't seem like a repost anyway. Or people forgot it because it's not "Dancing Queen" Crazy. Also we have insane creepy photographic memories for reddit stories.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

rat-born cock posted:

I always remember a random detail. Berth Ell Pup, vegetable sodomy, guy who was convinced his girlfriend was super smart because she took a college algebra class, guy whose girlfriend demanded nightly rear end eatings before bed, girl whose boyfriend would spend an hour or two kissing her rear end and slowly working toward her butthole even though she didn't particularly enjoy it, that lady with super low self esteem that was having sex with the dude that called her a cow (that Elsa made into a comic). There's always just one small ~*something*~ that makes them memorable.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Eagle boyfriend.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

rat-born cock posted:

google search "site:forums.somethingawful.com "__________________" then just put the title of the post in the blank, keeping the quotes. It might not catch everything but it seems to work.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Don't forget Pete, who is a great example of exactly what to do when faced by a terrible person.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pete, Secretly Wealthy Ex-Boyfriend, the one about the lady that fed her dog thirty hotdogs a day and had a breakdown when her SO groomed it, the one with the vegetable thieving crones, the one where the guy used to frequent his girlfriend's stripper sister.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Mr. :spergin: engineer guy probably finds normal human interactions with normal humans at least as baffling as anything feng shui pendulum girl does so he should stick it out for both their sakes. He'll probably have an easier time remembering which electrical outlets are verboten than handling esoteric social norms like "don't monologue about Winston Churchill while loving."

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The rich ex-boyfriend post was probably a redpill honeypot but it was still well-done and entertaining

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There was a Rich Girlfriend one that also got like 10 pages of conversation.

I still appreciate when the top advice is stuff like "why do you have $5mil in a savings account you moron???"

rat-born cock
Apr 3, 2017

"Garbage! Trash! Offal! Debris! Come and get it! Nothing whole or undamaged! Crap, tripe, and useless piles of shit. You know you want it."
For fans of the buried lede genre...

quote:

I [33/m] make coffe for an co-worker [55/f]. My Girlfriend [40/f] threat to end the relationship if I don´t stop...

I started working at my company in 2010. I was sitting with 2 colleagues in the same room and started making coffee for them in the morning (I start working at 6 AM, they at 9 am). In 2012 I changed the room, but I still make coffee for the one cowoker. Its not a big deal, on the way to a smoke brake I put on the coffee machine. In November 2014 I met my girlfriend (also a collegue :-() and since then, she always complains about it. Last week she even broke up with me (for a couple of hours), because I don´t stop making coffee.... (ok, one point which is a little bit unlucky, the collegue I making coffee for, gave mne a string as a present in 2012, and she got a photo while I wore it (not sexually.. it was stuffed with a sock, it was more a joke... like copying your butt on a christmas party or so... )) My Girlfriend always said, that I "don´t have the balls to stop making coffee" and annoys me every now and then with this theme.... I don´t have a loving clue, what the problem is? Is it really so bad? Or is my girlfriend overreacting? Is my girlfriend only trying to manipulate me? UPDATE: -with string I meant G-String (underwear)... - and I don´t drink coffee, so it´s not, that I make it for both, her and me... I only like the smell of a fresh opened pack of coffee....

Barudak
May 7, 2007

rat-born cock posted:

For fans of the buried lede genre...

Theres the obvious buried lede of what the actual photo is, but the real buried lede is this person is 33 years old and writes at a level a toddler would call confused and childish.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pick posted:

Nope.

Also imgur would not load your mp4.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

I Said No posted:

Don't forget Pete, who is a great example of exactly what to do when faced by a terrible person.

There was also that 20 year old who dumped his gf for suggesting they open up their relationship specifically so she could bang a mutual friend.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

therobit posted:

Nope.

Also imgur would not load your mp4.

It sure as hell loaded for me, as I stood in a slow moving checkout line at Molbaks Home and Garden. Surrounded by kindly old women. While purchasing a lovely white orchid for my Dear Mother.

Yes, it loaded. And rather quickly at that

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

fruit on the bottom posted:

It sure as hell loaded for me, as I stood in a slow moving checkout line at Molbaks Home and Garden. Surrounded by kindly old women. While purchasing a lovely white orchid for my Dear Mother.

Yes, it loaded. And rather quickly at that

Ah. Must be my lovely phone then.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Berth ell pup is bracket tier for sure. Pete is awesome but the story itself is just a standard thing, it's just Pete is a sane person and not a pushover.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I can't believe no one's brought up the girl who made her boyfriend hold fake funerals and would withhold sex if he didn't cry during the weekly eulogy.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I can't believe no one's brought up the girl who made her boyfriend hold fake funerals and would withhold sex if he didn't cry during the weekly eulogy.

Please link it, I missed that one.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

quit trying to make the reddit thread about how woke you are, or whatever

Me [24F] with my boyfriend [27 M] of two years, he destroyed the painting I made for him because it was a "cheap gift".

Is this bracket-worthy? Or just cannon fodder?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I can't keep up with this thread anymore... We need a front page goldmine please Rich

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I forgot this one. It was amazing.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Brand new, hot off the presses.

Boyfriend bought his female friend a $200 vibrator.

quote:

So my boyfriend has this girl friend that he plays online games with and has never met in real life. They've been friends for years and she's actually the one who told him to set up an online dating profile which is how we met.

I was using his phone while he was in the bathroom and noticed he had 50 emails. I decided I'd help him out by unsubscribing him from all the spam emails he gets. Then I see an email confirming an online purchase he made for 2 vibrators totaling $200 and that it was shipped to this friend.

I confronted him about it and asked why he sent this girl a $200 vibrator. He said she was talking about it and thought we'd like it and that her mom died and she was going through a hard time and couldn't afford them herself. This girl just got married too.

I am extremely upset about this and don't know what to do. Ive always known this friendship is strictly platonic, but I think this is definitely crossing the line. I don't understand how any of his "reasons" for buying it make any sense. How could anyone possibly think it's appropriate to buy a married female friend any $200 gift, much less a VIBRATOR? Does her husband know about this? How would he feel?

Idk what kind of advice I'm looking for. Maybe I just need to vent. I don't want to break up, but this is a huge issue and I've lost a lot of trust. Can anyone try to justify his actions so I can try to move past this?

Tl;dr: boyfriend bought long-time gamer friend an expensive vibrator. His reasons for doing so suck. Any advice/thoughts?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

Nope, he was glad to be watching Sherlock and Peep Show all alone with nobody bothering him. Probably did a sick wheely in his chair out of sheer excitement.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

When my mother got married and quit her job, the men she worked with all pitched in to buy her loads of sexy lingerie as a farewell present. Times they do change.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dudeness posted:

I dont see the big deal, he wants to be like her mom to her and help her fill a hole.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

dudeness posted:

N i c e

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I insist Racist Thailand Asian Fetish Man be included in the bracket.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

seconded

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

I decided I'd help him out by unsubscribing him from all the spam emails he gets.

hmmm

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

Nope, he was glad to be watching Sherlock and Peep Show all alone with nobody bothering him. Probably did a sick wheely in his chair out of sheer excitement.

When he went out to his parents' vacation home last year, which is in a really romantic spot, I offered to stop by in case he "wanted some company" but he said he did not want to be interrupted while re-watching Fawlty Towels.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

zakharov posted:

Link here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=298&perpage=40#post467776700

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I was just reading his personal messages to filter them for him and