Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Deified Data posted:

So you guys with almighty Arsenes...do you just keep the one from the beginning and feed him spell cards to make him so good? There's not a better version you can fuse later? Excepting Satanael

I think they use the Gallows feature as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I was so sad the first time I fused Arsene and he said goodbye.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

I wonder what the decisionmaking process was behind making all the initial Personas look better than the final Personas Except Morgana's. I like Mercurius better than Zorro

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I pumped 3 million yen's worth of Personas into my super Arsene via the Gallows so I could manipulate what stats would go up per level. Skills either came from Gallows inheritance or skill cards.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Deified Data posted:

So you guys with almighty Arsenes...do you just keep the one from the beginning and feed him spell cards to make him so good? There's not a better version you can fuse later? Excepting Satanael

You could technically fuse him from stronger personas to inherit skills and get arcana burst xp, but that seems pretty pointless.

Pastrymancy posted:

I wonder what the decisionmaking process was behind making all the initial Personas look better than the final Personas Except Morgana's. I like Mercurius better than Zorro

Arguably more players will see the initial personas than the final positions, and they will see them for more hours of play.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Anat > Johanna. Transformer-rear end persona is too good

So, I can only get "Almighty boost/amp" and whatever "magic boost" is from the internet fusion? What are the chances?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

Anat > Johanna. Transformer-rear end persona is too good

So, I can only get "Almighty boost/amp" and whatever "magic boost" is from the internet fusion? What are the chances?

But She can't ride it like a bike anymore :(

Still, it feels like the design decision was Let's just add 40% more spikes to it and call it a day

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ChaosArgate posted:

I pumped 3 million yen's worth of Personas into my super Arsene via the Gallows so I could manipulate what stats would go up per level. Skills either came from Gallows inheritance or skill cards.

How do you manipulate stat gains?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

I left my console on a bit but I ended Persona 5 with like 135 hours so idk how yall do in like 70 what the gently caress

I hate random battles and ran past as many as possible, and I think I finished at 82 hours. Enemies are really easy to get past when theres a lot of cover to dash between

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Deified Data posted:

How do you manipulate stat gains?

When you're making a persona that gets any bonus experience, if they would get a level up, the game will highlight what stats will increase. If the highlighted stats aren't what you're looking for, then back out and redo the fusion/sacrifice until they are.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Meme Emulator posted:

I hate random battles and ran past as many as possible, and I think I finished at 82 hours. Enemies are really easy to get past when theres a lot of cover to dash between
It was probably this that inflated my time, I fought literally everything, power leveled off the Reaper before Palace 6 and still continued to fight everything

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Deified Data posted:

Minmaxing stats + transferring abilities with Gallows, I'm guessing. You can get around the "one gallows per persona per day"-limitation by registering the strengthened persona, dismissing it, and then recalling it from the compendium.

E: Missed that there was another page.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Instant Grat posted:

Minmaxing stats + transferring abilities with Gallows, I'm guessing. You can get around the "one gallows per persona per day"-limitation by registering the strengthened persona, dismissing it, and then recalling it from the compendium.

E: Missed that there was another page.

Ahhh okay, I was wondering how they got more than one gallows at a time. I'll have to play with this in NG+. Arsene is rad and I hate that the game almost forces you to fuse him in the first fusion tutorial.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Kidd is cool, but I think the evolved form is more fitting of Ryuji's personality. He always seemed to give off a monkey vibe to me.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I pretty much like all of the designs for the Phantom Thieves' personas, I just wish that I could switch between the old ones and the new ones at will. Hell, make it a mechanic for the game, give new personas different loadouts and different weaknesses and resistances, that'd be neat.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
I do wish any sequels go back to having party members get evolved personas at certain points in the story.

My favorite part of P3 was this feeling of watching these people grow up and learn about themselves as they went through the journey together. We still kind of have that, but it's so divorced from the main story.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

What is the XP gain penalty for non active characters? I thought there wasn't one but one of the top SL rewards is the removal of the penalty

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What is the XP gain penalty for non active characters? I thought there wasn't one but one of the top SL rewards is the removal of the penalty

Characters who aren't in the active party don't gain any experience unless you level up the Moon confidant. I think the numbers he gives you start at 25%? And as you say they go up to 100% at max level.
Characters who are KOed don't gain any experience ever.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Characters who aren't in the active party don't gain any experience unless you level up the Moon confidant. I think the numbers he gives you start at 25%? And as you say they go up to 100% at max level.

Well, poo poo. I really need to burn through the last of that stupid SL.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I chumped the Palace 4 boss, because there's a repel phys persona at level 35. She did 2400 damage to herself with her big splash attack.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

NRVNQSR posted:

This is kind of mitigated by the built-in EXP scaling in the combat system. I don't know the exact numbers, but if it works anything like Persona 4, characters will gain more or less EXP from a fight depending on how over- or underleveled they are compared to the average level of the enemy party. So even if your backup characters are nominally only getting 50% EXP or whatever, that'll automatically get multiplied by however much if they start getting so low that the trash mobs are outleveling them.

This still requires you to get Moon so far that they're getting EXP in the first place, but still.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

This still requires you to get Moon so far that they're getting EXP in the first place, but still.

the first level?
the one you get automatically?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

RME posted:

the first level?
the one you get automatically?

look i'm not in the business of looking things up or remembering stuff, or being correct or insightful

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My personal dumb Persona tier list:

Original:
Joker > Ann > Makoto = Morgana > Haru > Yusuke > Futaba > Ryuji

Evolved:
Ann > Ryuji > Yusuke = Morgana > Makoto > Futaba > Haru

None of the evolved ones are bad, but nearly all of them are disappointing compared to how strong the originals are.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

What about Goro's?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Original:

Evolved:

None of the evolved ones are bad, but nearly all of them are disappointing compared to how strong the originals are.

What? Kidd is extremely good!!

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
My list:
Motorcycles > everything else

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Carmen is the best cause it's a hot dom cat woman on the job smoking a blunt and thats the best way for the representation of yourself to look

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
however goemon will always be the best persona

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

tbh I've seen so many ultra-stylized depictions of Goemon at this point, Yusuke's persona didn't make a huge impression on me. Which is a shame, because it's a perfect choice for a lineup of legendary outlaws.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Goemon should have ascended to become Ebisumaru

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Kidd is great but the bar is very high in the first set.

Like all of them are really close.

Also I'd actually put Goro's on the bottom, it's okay but really nothing special compared to the rest.

Also I liked that Zorro's moustache makes him look vaguely feline, perfect for Morgana.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Goemon should have become Yoshitune

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also I liked that Zorro's moustache makes him look vaguely feline, perfect for Morgana.

I think it makes him look like Wario

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

Goemon should have become Yoshitune

I think it makes him look like Wario

"Hehehe..." -- Morgana, Persona 5

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Original:

Evolved:

Original:
Makoto > Yusuke > Ann > Joker > Morgana > Ryuji > Haru > Futaba

Evolved:
Ryuji > Morgana > Makoto > Joker > Yusuke > Haru > Ann > Futaba

Goemon is so great, I wish he was the evolved form. Just hearing Yusuke call Goemon is cooler than the evolved form.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Milady/Astarte are really cool

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Arsene looks so dumb tho. Like easily the worst party persona in the game.

Why does it even have stupid wings coming out of its lower back? Or have the bizarre body shape it does?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Zore posted:

Why does it even have stupid wings coming out of its lower back? Or have the bizarre body shape it does?

A thousand nerds who just spent tens of hours maxing out Arsene just cried out.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Zore posted:

Arsene is cool :catstare:

I'm disappointed he didn't get a 2nd form though other than a little speech during the final stages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't even remember what Arsene looks like because I fused him away so quickly