Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Jose posted:

leipzig aren't allowed into the champions league because of UEFA's rules lol

Where do you get that? Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Jose posted:

leipzig aren't allowed into the champions league because of UEFA's rules lol

ummmmm

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So far I've only heard UEFA was looking into it while sources from Red Bull said otherwise.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Torrannor posted:

Where do you get that? Link?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/12/red-bull-uefa-multiple-ownership-rules

quote:

The European governing body’s rules state that where two clubs in common ownership qualify for the same competition, the one finishing lower in its league must stand down – in this case meaning Leipzig.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah but apparently Red Bull doesn't technically own RB Salzburg anymore and are 'just' sponsors. They also seem to have stopped having people work at both clubs, precisely so they don't trigger that rule. As far as I can tell UEFA still has to decide

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Smirr posted:

Yeah but apparently Red Bull doesn't technically own RB Salzburg anymore and are 'just' sponsors. They also seem to have stopped having people work at both clubs, precisely so they don't trigger that rule. As far as I can tell UEFA still has to decide

Pretty much this. I think nobody here would be sad if UEFA doesn't allow RB Leipzig to participate in the Champions League, but it's not clear at all how they will decide. And since we live in the worst timeline, my guess is that they will allow RB to play.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I mean I hate Leipzig as much as the next person but it'd be some stupid poo poo if they weren't allowed to compete.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

hopterque posted:

I mean I hate Leipzig as much as the next person but it'd be some stupid poo poo if they weren't allowed to compete.

I'm sure UEFA will do the right thing.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

ephex posted:

Bremen, Bremen never changes.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Fußball, blutige Hölle

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dunban posted:

Fußball, blutige Hölle

Indeed

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
Wow, that's a goal I've not seen from Robben..

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
RasenBadclub

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Lol jesus christ

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bayern decided to show up around minute 80 I see.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
imagine getting smoked in a foot race by a bald man a decade older than you lol

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
loving lmao

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Absolutely mental

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
One of the rare times I'm glad Bayern won

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

What a lovely game up until then though, Lahm has been in mental retirement for too long a stretch of the season and doesnt get subbed because of age.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also Schalke gonna Schalke I guess.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/sky_chrisl/status/863418685117038597

Look at these news breaking that no one could have known about beforehand.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Jesus gently caress, at least we're more or less safe from relegation unless Hamburg scores 10 and we concede 10 on the final game day.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

General Probe posted:

Jesus gently caress, at least we're more or less safe from relegation unless Hamburg scores 10 and we concede 10 on the final game day.

I think Hamburg's goal difference is even worse. Leverkusen stays in the 1. Bundesliga.

I immediately switched channels in frustration when Schalke scored the 2:1. Imagine my elation when it turned out the goal didn't count :smug:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Yeah, that's what I was saying, GD is something like 23 so some utterly absurd poo poo would have to go down for them to make up that deficit. We're safe to see what happens this coming season. Was also happy to hear, not that there was any doubt, that Korkut is out.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hamburg and Wolfsburg are going up against each other so Leverkusen can't be relegated anymore.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
I'm going to be cheering for Wolfsburg and it feels really weird just typing this.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

I completely forgot that. Even better.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Torrannor posted:

I think Hamburg's goal difference is even worse. Leverkusen stays in the 1. Bundesliga.

I immediately switched channels in frustration when Schalke scored the 2:1. Imagine my elation when it turned out the goal didn't count :smug:

What was up with that anyway, I didn't get why they disallowed that goal. And yes I want to see Hamburg down.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I guess the linesman saw the ball cross the goal line during the corner kick. The best angle they had on TV didn't really show it though, IMO.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/AlexTruica/status/863436117726687232

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dunban posted:

If Hamburg beats Wolfsburg 3-2

haha

:negative:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Braunschweig...

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pand posted:

Bielefeld!!!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lucien Favre is apparently going to succeed Tuchel in Dortmund and I'm doing a :psyduck:.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
The circumstances with Tuchel falling out of favour are a bit odd but I still rate Favre. Tuchel going to England?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I think Arsenal might want a good manager if they don't keep Wenger on but I'm not sure if Tuchel could deal with that tbh. If the Everton job becomes available that might be an option? I would much rather see him continue in Dortmund though, hope all the rumours are just hot air. On the other hand there might be a position at Barca soon :wink:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

General Probe posted:

The circumstances with Tuchel falling out of favour are a bit odd but I still rate Favre. Tuchel going to England?

Not sure if Dortmund has the right players for Favre but generally I see him as a better manager than Tuchel. Not sure why he'd quit his job at Nice tough.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

To get away from Mario B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/DFB_Team/status/864803871683686400

:rip:

• Locked thread