Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

lurksion posted:

He did manage to make it into a serious build after CWC came out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzegU2UCpyk
Definitely not cheap though (even excluding the unnecessary Skyforths he has in there)

I've been leveling this slowly and looking at the nodes he chose to figure out why he chose what he did rather than blindly accepting it all. I've noticed that the sphere grid seems to have moved around a bit since he made it?

For sake of saving people the hassle of going to the video, here's the build he posted:

Specifically it looks like Puppet Master got moved a bit and... there was something else but I'm brain farting at the moment. Or I'm pretty sure it's puppet master. It's hard to tell from how zoomed out it is. Am I going to need to massively re-route for those or is it no biggie?

Also this game owns and I've just been running around with the fire trap and zombies and murdering everything. This is a good video game.

Also also I almost forgot to timg that link. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Looks like the 2.5 skill tree. Puppet Master is the only thing that changed that would affect you, and that's a rather minor change.

And in case it wasn't mentioned, that is a stupidly expensive build, primarily because of the chest/boots/weapon.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

whypick1 posted:

Looks like the 2.5 skill tree. Puppet Master is the only thing that changed that would affect you, and that's a rather minor change.

And in case it wasn't mentioned, that is a stupidly expensive build, primarily because of the chest/boots/weapon.

Yeahhh someone mentioned that. It's okay! Goals are good. I just want spooky scary skeletons.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I feel like I'm missing something. How did he compensate for the -120% or so skeleton duration from all those jewels?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

65% from the tree/Ascension, VSS has Increased Duration for another 73%.

When you can poo poo out 3 Skeletons a second duration matters less.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 12, 2017

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
New minimap preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehRxyluumA8

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1897990

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 12, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

drat you for beating me to the punch :argh:

Being able to see the fog-of-war boundary is quite nice.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
:thumbsup:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not convinced until I see it with the sea cavern and aqueduct tilesets. The fog-of-war outline is def. an improvement though.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

whypick1 posted:

Tsurupettan posted:

Yeahhh someone mentioned that. It's okay! Goals are good. I just want spooky scary skeletons.
Skyforths probably isn't needed. That just leaves United in Dream and Shavs, which is definitely achievable. 6 exalt or so?

Moddington posted:

I'm not convinced until I see it with the sea cavern and aqueduct tilesets. The fog-of-war outline is def. an improvement though.
I don't care too much about FOW, but it already looks a ton more readable in docks, so it probably works pretty well in those tiles too.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
drat, the map upgrade is some serious QOL improvement. It looks like they are swapping out the wireframe version for a more cartoony look, and adding in fog of war. Diablo has long since trained me to navigate via the map, and this is gonna be awesome.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The old docks map was a nightmare. I fully embrace the new map.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao if you havent been playing since 1.0 and know precisely how to efficiently navigate and farm docks

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been playing since 1.0 and I know how to navigate the docks efficiently precisely because the map is a complete nightmare. Gotta trust your instincts and follow your rainbow.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

lurksion posted:

I don't care too much about FOW, but it already looks a ton more readable in docks, so it probably works pretty well in those tiles too.

I'm actually excited about the FoW changes. Sometimes I'm missing the tiny path/doorway out especially when the wireframe makes it hard to see, and the bright blue 'hey explore here, dumbass' FoW border helps a lot.

New minimap looks great, drat.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

lmao if you havent been playing since 1.0 and know precisely how to efficiently navigate and farm docks

No one has farmed docks in nearly 2 years.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
So I verified my account to buy a thing and now I have no characters?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zenithe posted:

mail support, iirc this is a common thing

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

mail support, iirc this is a common thing

Yeah all fixed, they have very quick customer service by what appears to be an actual person. Impressive.

nerox
May 20, 2001
New map looks so good. Maybe I won't ever have to play with transparency settings again depending on the map!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1897990

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played Templar Aurabot, Witch Aurabot with SRS, CWC Icestorm (one of my favorite builds of the game since I started playing it so far, might I add), SSF HC Cleaver Duelist currently alive somehow, Blade Vortex Pathfinder (not a huge fan).
Anyone got a new idea for me to test before the season is over? I'm super poor because my latest acquisition was a 6L shav and that's pretty much all the real valuable I have.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Zenithe posted:

Sounds like you actually created a new account and linked it to your Steam account, replacing the old one.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Yeah all fixed, they have very quick customer service by what appears to be an actual person. Impressive.

GGG has some of the best support I have ever worked with, not only is it real people but it does not seem to be contracted out as they are very familiar with the game. The only time I have had a support ticket take longer than a few hours was when I was sending stash tabs to a friend and they wanted a bunch of extra info to verify things.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
whispering ice is a powerful build but it's by far my least favorite of the ones i tried this season. the ramp-up time and leech dependency made it a huge pain in the rear end despite the versatility of map mods it could tackle

explosive arrow is another delayed activation build, but i had a lot more fun with it since the range was higher and i could use blink arrow

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Magus42 posted:

I can't wait for 3.0 and never having to do act 4 in cruel/merc again...

I wonder how the difficulty curve is going to end up with the new acts. Since right now its faceroll 1-3 normal with white gear basically and then 4 will actually kill you if you do something stupid, and then back to facerolling 1-3 in cruel.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
I actually can't believe they updated the minimap and map overlay. That is a wonderful change a lot of us have been wanting forever. It looks so good. I don't know what to say. Awesome.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Path of building is amazing, it just saved me almost 50 chaos when I started adding a bunch of rare daggers to upgrade to, most were over an exalt each but one snuck in at 35c and ended up being the biggest upgrade. I'm now debating whether to wait patiently for a perfectly rolled 6 link belly to come on the market for me to buy for 7Ex ish, or to spend that currency moving to CI, here's my PoB if anyone has any suggestions on improvements or my best path to switching to CI:

https://pastebin.com/BsJYRvzw

I've made it to level 87 (couple of bars from 88) and tier 8 maps now with my life/evasion build on LHC but it's definitely getting tougher and there are many close calls, especially when I get things like double beyond bosses and a breachlord decides to show up.

Are the breachlords in their actual zones much harder than the ones that spawn in maps?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Stangg posted:

Are the breachlords in their actual zones much harder than the ones that spawn in maps?
Yes in general. They are in their own arenas though, so maybe a really fubared breach with multiple rares/beyond might end up RIPier.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

So uh in order to finish shaping strand, I need to amass 27 apprentice (or 9 journeyman, or 3 master) sextants worth, then trade it in for a thing, then undo excavation, then any t11 maps that drop will always be shaped strand.

Right?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Yes, if you want more of them you want to have 0 t12s so they will get downgraded to an 11 and you will get even more strands!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Stangg posted:

Yes and no. It seems to me they have more moves and poo poo in their zones, but if you're doing high-level zones then the initial 3 might just be easier. This because their zones are set to moblevel 70, whereas when you get them in maps they're going by the moblevel of the map.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Cinara posted:

GGG has some of the best support I have ever worked with, not only is it real people but it does not seem to be contracted out as they are very familiar with the game. The only time I have had a support ticket take longer than a few hours was when I was sending stash tabs to a friend and they wanted a bunch of extra info to verify things.

If you managed to do that you may be the first person to ever be documented being able to give a gift of real money stuff to people in game.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Rakeris posted:

Yes, if you want more of them you want to have 0 t12s so they will get downgraded to an 11 and you will get even more strands!

Huh. Literally 0, not even a shaped 7, then? Interesting.

Another question: always alch maps? Do people run out of alchs that way? Or you just go buy a bunch when you run out?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

You can shape a 7 if you want, just depends if you want that shaped map as well or just more strands. This league I shaped ash woods or wtvr it's called. So all I got for 11 and 12 was strand and ashen woods, then completed all 13 or higher maps. I ended up with like 103 map completion I think.

But I always alc maps, I never run out of them either, I normally have more than I need just from them dropping.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

silvergoose posted:

So uh in order to finish shaping strand, I need to amass 27 apprentice (or 9 journeyman, or 3 master) sextants worth, then trade it in for a thing, then undo excavation, then any t11 maps that drop will always be shaped strand.

Right?

unless you run a tier 10 thats next to an 11, then that 11 can also drop. this never happens if you only run shaped strand since it is surrounded by lower tier stuff but if you run an underground river for example you can get an underground sea too while you are in there.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So yeah, Legacy isn't going away until Fall of Oriath launches now.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Hopefully this will mean an uptick in the playerbase in the legacy leagues.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I've been enjoying my Ranger, but I wouldn't mind trying something else out. Recommendation for a fun beginner build that maybe isn't quite so fragile?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Zenithe posted:

I've been enjoying my Ranger, but I wouldn't mind trying something else out. Recommendation for a fun beginner build that maybe isn't quite so fragile?

Haven't seen a ton of people talk about it, but the most fun character I've made to date was a blade vortex obliteration occultist guy. You can just search up blade vortex on YouTube and find liftingnerdbros guide. I ended up having like 13k ES, which recharged pretty much instantly, like 5-6k/s. Clear speed is bonkers, you just need to kill one or two things before you trigger a chain reaction of explosions that blows up the entire screen. Good boss damage too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Witches always feel really frail to me up until like level 70 :v: Occultists can be ridiculously tank once they get going though.

• Locked thread