Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Is there an easy way of dealing with Technopaths I'm not getting? I just got to Deep Storage and this loving rear end in a top hat keeps killing me, and I don't think I can kill it without using up literally all of my ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't think they like stun guns, but more importantly as long as you keep sprinting away from their shock zones they'll be pretty useless. this is assuming there aren't other enemies in the area

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Is there an easy way of dealing with Technopaths I'm not getting? I just got to Deep Storage and this loving rear end in a top hat keeps killing me, and I don't think I can kill it without using up literally all of my ammo.

Try scanning them and using their stated weaknesses?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i ran into one technopath way before i got the psychoscope

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Soul Glo posted:

Shock gun followed by wrenching them to death is pretty reliable.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EMP grenade and Q-Beam worked really well for me. Q-beam is insanely good, especially when fully upgraded. It was basically my go to weapon for anything bigger than a Phantom, dismantle also keeps you pretty flush on cells

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Chuck a nullwave at it and then beat/shoot/q-beam it to death while it hides in the corner.

EDIT: Or psychoshock, that cancels it's attacks too.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Love how I.T Security has a hacking defense level of 1.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I still haven't found a Q Beam.

I did get the first(?) bad ending though. That was neat, and it gives a huge hint at a later twist.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
How do you scan poltergeists? Don't know how to make them visible.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

poor life choice posted:

You wait. He needs to materialize to attack you.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Soul Glo posted:

I still haven't found a Q Beam.

I did get the first(?) bad ending though. That was neat, and it gives a huge hint at a later twist.

Don't worry. I've been carrying one around for ages and have yet to fire it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

poor life choice posted:

You need to hit them with the stun gun. They'll stand around disoriented for a while, allowing for scanning.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Question about the end of the Who Is December quest:

Was there a way to get to the escape pod besides gymnastics across the bridge with the GLOO gun? Assumed there was a switch to lower the bridge or something but never found it so I improvised. .

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Was there a way to get to the escape pod besides gymnastics across the bridge with the GLOO gun? Assumed there was a switch to lower the bridge or something but never found it so I improvised. .

Alex's computer can extend the bridge.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DLC Inc posted:

Yes, it's a utility on Alex's computer, I think. Or one of the computers in that building at least. Also with the mobility neuromods + jumpjets you can make the leap from the platform to the pod on your own

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

You need to hit them with the stun gun. They'll stand around disoriented for a while, allowing for scanning.

I always just coated them with GLOO.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

That's strange though, I'll take it. I kept finding recycler bombs attached to doors. I wonder if taking him out as soon as you see him prevents that.

it does, I pieced together that he was evil real fast and knocked him out when I first met him. when I met danielle and she tells you about what he did I just ran back and bashed him with a wrench. never saw a single recycler door trap

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh man, I guess I should have done that. I shotgunned that guy in the head and got an trophy for it, but I didn't see any way to progress things unless I went hurf durf and went along with his plan. I guess it would have also counted against the Do No Harm trophy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there any items/areas that you need Remote Manipulation to get?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Beat the game and started a new typhon only run. Noticed a real stupid 'plothole' right from the start. You can see your sim apartment across the lab through the glass when doing the tests at the beginning during the simulation. Of course the whole thing is not at all meant to resemble a scientifically valid research experiment, but I feel like the level designers could have done something, anything to prevent this considering it is the start of the game. Additionally, I really liked that your crew quarters was the same model used in the sim, but then immediately realized how poo poo of a choice this would be in an experiment relying on memory wipes. Why confound results with possible triggers of a latent memory of hey this isn't an apartment this is my spaceship room! You could handwave the concern that your room on Talos 1 was intentionally modeled to be identical to your Earth apartment, but that's a stretch that an important company VP would be living in a 1 room 1 bath studio apartment when they are taking the company chopper to get to work 2 blocks away.

There are a lot of other issues you could be a grumplegus and nitpick, but this stuff stuck out as I am playing again.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I think you're confusing plotholes with details they put in for people who are paying attention

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

RatHat posted:

Are there any items/areas that you need Remote Manipulation to get?

No it's one of the more useless powers, I guess you can take it if you're really bad at aiming the nerf gun

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

is it possible to nerf gun open the security room door in the Talos 1 Lobby? I tried for like 5 minutes and gave the gently caress up on it. I then opened up a door using the same type of button much later on in the game, so I'm curious if I was just loving it up.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Bolow posted:

is it possible to nerf gun open the security room door in the Talos 1 Lobby? I tried for like 5 minutes and gave the gently caress up on it. I then opened up a door using the same type of button much later on in the game, so I'm curious if I was just loving it up.

Unless you are impossibly good at bouncing darts you probably won't be able to. I've only been able to get inside by mimicing through the slot.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Bolow posted:

The one by the shuttle bay? Yeah, that's how I got in. Needed to position myself at an appropriate height on a gloo blob to get it through one of the window slots.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Does mimicing have any use other than fitting through small gaps?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

Sneaking past enemies, shooting/flying around on higher tiers. It's fairly cheap psi-wise so it's good to have

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

You can mimic a turret if you want to do piss poor damage while being completely stationary. A lot of the Typhon powers kinda suck, honestly.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The Lone Badger posted:

If someone gives you the opportunity to become a banana in a space station, how can you not.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Sneaking past enemies, shooting/flying around on higher tiers. It's fairly cheap psi-wise so it's good to have

Wait you can just fly if you mimic an Operator?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

RatHat posted:

I think so? I haven't actually tried it myself because the Gloo gun, y'know, exists.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RatHat posted:

yes you can

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

yes you can

Can you fire deathlasers?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was going to say that sounds so broken for only 11 neuromods but I guess you can get most high places with the gloo gun anyway.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Lone Badger posted:

Can you fire deathlasers?

I assume so:
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/prey-tips-guide

quote:

When you mimic an Operator, you also have their attacks, too – each of which can be useful

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 14, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So when Psychoshock says it shuts down Psi abilities does that mean all Typhon powers?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

If someone gives you the opportunity to become a banana in a space station, how can you not.

HONK

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I don't get it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
For the uninitiated:

Space Station 13 posted:

If a banana peel is left on the floor, anyone who steps on it will slip and fall down. There used to be a Clown job, which started with a banana and was mostly responsible for playing pranks, telling jokes, raising spirits, and getting brutally murdered by the psychotic crew. When my brother first started playing SS13, he chose Clown and spent the entire round slipping people with his banana peel, farting in their faces while they lay stunned, and then peeling out of there like a brightly coloured human rally car while furiously honking his bike horn. He did this so much and so competently that several people were actively trying to murder him, which of course led to more slipping, farting, and honking before he'd lie low in a locker somewhere until they gave up the search.

One particular victim seemed to have terrible luck, as he ran afoul of my brother over, and over, and over again through no apparent fault of his own. He must have spent a third of the round lying on the floor with fart in his face and a cheery HONK HONK HONK ringing in his ears. After pratfalling for the fourteenth or fifteenth time, he impotently screamed, "CLOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!" at his retreating assailant. This had no effect, aside from causing my brother to laugh so hard that it brought him to tears.

That victim was THE OVERWASP, one of the game's administrators.

Rather than get angry, THE OVERWASP saw the humour in my brother's clowny antics. He telepathically instructed him to stand next to his banana peel for a moment, then implanted the clown's consciousness into the peel itself, giving my brother the ability to move it around directly.

As it turns out, a player-controlled banana peel is nothing short of apocalyptic in the right hands. The station rapidly descended into anarchy as police chases became Keystone Kopps fiascoes, Janitors were left facedown in their own suds, and panicking assistants fled shrieking from the demonically-possessed banana peel before it sent them tumbling facefirst into vending machines. In a desperate bid to restore order, one of the heads of staff seized the unholy fruit rind in his hand and stuffed it in his pocket. Striding triumphantly to the airlock to space the offending item, he met his doom when it leaped out of his pocket and slipped him, causing him to careen into the open void and be lost forever.

The escape shuttle was called, and the crew fled in terror, abandoning the station to its new master: the Doom Peel.

HONK