Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

2015/16 Bort would probably be way better on most other teams. Imagine him with three years of Reid coaching on the Chiefs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Roethlisberger reminded me of a way bigger John Elway when he was younger, which makes sense given that his number is a reference/tribute to the latter I guess. Same kind of crazy streakiness too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SKULL.GIF posted:

2015/16 Bort would probably be way better on most other teams. Imagine him with three years of Reid coaching on the Chiefs.

Bort needs to be completely rebuilt, I don't think Andy Reid can do that.

Dude has serious problems with the basic fundamental moves associated with throwing a football.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Time to unironically rank the best quarterbacks in the league:

(1) Vince Young
(2)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Bort needs to be completely rebuilt, I don't think Andy Reid can do that.

Dude has serious problems with the basic fundamental moves associated with throwing a football.

Hmmm....

I hope you're wrong, for reasons unrelated to Bortles.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I just asked Greg McElroy if he was Riley Dodge. I feel like an idiot and I think he was insulted too.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Probably Magic posted:

Time to unironically rank the best quarterbacks in the league:

(1) Vince Young
(2)

Never heard anyone call the CFL "the league" before.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://twitter.com/Browns/status/863506191925866496

It begins.

I must not hope. Hope is the mind killer. Hope is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my hope. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. and when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the hope has gone there will only sadness. Only it will remain.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hue is secretly in a great position this year. He only really needs four or five wins the entire season to be credited with leading the team in the right direction.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

fsif posted:

Hue is secretly in a great position this year. He only really needs four or five wins the entire season to be credited with leading the team in the right direction.

"Only," lol.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Coldforge posted:

"Only," lol.

He plays the Chargers this year, so that's one

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/SprintCenter/status/863231730249019393

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Durandal1707 posted:

Roethlisberger reminded me of a way bigger John Elway when he was younger, which makes sense given that his number is a reference/tribute to the latter I guess. Same kind of crazy streakiness too.

I..what? In what way?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

I..what? In what way?

Run around avoiding the rush and bomb it deep is a thing Elway did a lot of.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I truly hope this dead gay comedy forum lasts another ten years if only because I want to be able to hop on to tff when eli is inducted in to the hall of fame.

The mad that will be archived here will be enough to sustain me for a minimum of 50 years.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Andy Dalton sucks but he is just good enough to keep the Bengals shackled with his mediocrity because the theoretical replacement could be even worse

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

Run around avoiding the rush and bomb it deep is a thing Elway did a lot of.

Eh, I dont see ole grey dick in the same class as elway/cunningham/tarkenton for elusive funslinging.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

Eh, I dont see ole grey dick in the same class as elway/cunningham/tarkenton for elusive funslinging.

Oh sure, he wasn't anywhere near as elusive, although he was definitely a lot harder to take down. He wasn't as good as Elway at avoiding things (or as ridiculous as Cunningham was at times since you bring him up), but I can see a bigger but lesser player comparison between Roethlisberger and Elway.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Iodised QQ posted:

I truly hope this dead gay comedy forum lasts another ten years if only because I want to be able to hop on to tff when eli is inducted in to the hall of fame.

The mad that will be archived here will be enough to sustain me for a minimum of 50 years.

lol if you think anyone on earth will be surprised.

Skull I think the offense around Bort is actually kind of enviable. Their line is bad but the skill positions are pretty nuts. I will say one thing though, I had thought he had thrown about ten more picks than he did.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Eifert Posting posted:

Skull I think the offense around Bort is actually kind of enviable. Their line is bad but the skill positions are pretty nuts. I will say one thing though, I had thought he had thrown about ten more picks than he did.

More nuts than the Raiders, Chiefs, or Steelers?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

regular brain: blake bortles is about as good as eli manning when you look at the counting stats

cosmic omniscient superhuman iq brain: blake bortles is bad because his qbr sucks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

just once in my life I want to see a quarterback tackle the person who picked them off and then beat the poo poo out of them

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Blake Bortles in named Blake Bortles.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Blake Bortles has been shackled with the second worst offensive line (hello Seattle), lovely Running Backs, disappearing Tight Ends, and a bottom five defense the past three years. Yes he is going to make mistakes and be playing from behind.

It doesn't help that his mechanics need work.

He has been sacked more than any other QB over the past three years.

gently caress David Caldwell for not doing a better job of acquiring OL talent.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm pretty sure I just read an article about how Bortles is garbage juice on throws down field. Like really, really bad

https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/the-2016-17-deep-ball-project-13/

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 14, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Water Pokemon like Bortles are always terrible at going deep. They can't unleash the dragon like Sexy Rexy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Top 10 QBs aren't winless against TJ Yates

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
TJ Yates is a goddamn football anomaly

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

lol if you think anyone on earth will be surprised.

No, people won't be surprised, but they will be very very mad about it. And it will be amazing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I like to think TJ Yates' performances against the Bengals is the entire reason why he's still in the league.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Blitz7x posted:

I'm pretty sure I just read an article about how Bortles is garbage juice on throws down field. Like really, really bad

https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/the-2016-17-deep-ball-project-13/

So what I'm hearing in all this is early years Tannehill

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Andey and Tannehill can both be top ten. Both are good QBs you can build a franchise around.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
how peculiar that only giants fans think Eli is going to deserve being a HoFer, HOW PECULIAR

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

nerve posted:

how peculiar that only giants fans think Eli is going to deserve being a HoFer, HOW PECULIAR

I'm sure Tom Brady thinks so too

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Diqnol posted:

I'm sure Tom Brady thinks so too

his 5 rings dont give a gently caress

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He's won rings and plays in NY. If he had won two rings and played in Tennesse he'd be bubble, but Eli's an immortal lock.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got in before TO.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Eli's the very definitely of the phrase "it's better to be lucky than good".

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
lol imagine pretending Tannehills isn't a great QB

https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/the-2016-17-deep-ball-project-part-33/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

You this will be his year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sam Bradford elite qb

• Locked thread