Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm probably gonna promote Xander next, I keep getting one via my friends list in the voting gauntlet and I've been impressed

He's a red tank with distant counter and moves 3 spaces. Yes. Run a WoM3 dancer with him and a glass cannon and laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Between Xander, Hector, and Ike, I am thinking of setting up a gimmick distant counter team. It's probably not a great idea but I think it would be a funny one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I accidentally gave hone cavalry to Xander instead of Priscilla

That was 2k feathers wasted for no reason

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Tae posted:

I accidentally gave hone cavalry to Xander instead of Priscilla

That was 2k feathers wasted for no reason

I gave xander hone and Priscilla fortify, now my cav team sees Ursula get 80x2 with barblade

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Unless Sanaki pulls a major upset with five minutes left, congratulations to Julia for winning the first round

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I was busy helping Robin win (as is proper), is Tharja following in Camilla's boobsteps or did Linde put up a fight?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

mistaya posted:

I was busy helping Robin win (as is proper), is Tharja following in Camilla's boobsteps or did Linde put up a fight?

She was half a billion behind half an hour ago (but still "same" according to the game), so I think Tharja still won

E:just got my feathers, Tharja won

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Pick the least popular character you have for these things, seriously.

Made rank 600 on Leo for 3000 feathers with a balance of 900 flags left over

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Alternatively, pick Julia and help us overcome the Plegian menace

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

God drat, I was 4985 in Sanaki's army. Cutting it real close.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

cheetah7071 posted:

I backed a losing horse in the first round, I'm going to back the green tome menace this time around.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Why can't I let gohold onto all these Subakis

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
~8,000 in Merric's Mercs, I could've probably gone higher but I wanted to save my flags for rounds 2 and 3. Guess I'll merc for Julia now

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Why can't I let gohold onto all these Subakis

yum yum those Oboros and Subakis are good

man blue units really have the best skills, huh?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Boob lady rewarded me with the feathers I needed to 5* Reinhardt, i regret nothing

It's super easy to get high ranks as long as you're there for the early wacky rounds where the characters slingshot past each other

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
One more day until the Celica banner. gently caress the mage banners, that thing is cursed.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I went with Tharja because I like winning more than feathers.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So Merric lost to Robin? Who should I go with next? Robin? Leo/Henry?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

I went with Tharja because I like winning more than feathers.

It must feel bad knowing you're gonna lose to Julia this round then. Tough break.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Carrot Axe + Fury 3 on Sheena would make her good? Discuss.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

All she needs is bonfire and wary fighter. I mean distant counter would be her best A skill but Hector is better than her so you'd only do that if you had a really bad Hector or far too many Hectors.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Fury really doesn't play into her strengths, which is being an incredible tank.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Tired Moritz posted:

So Merric lost to Robin? Who should I go with next? Robin? Leo/Henry?

Go with whoever you want.

Team Robin will always be happy to have more members!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Minus1Minus1 posted:

Ok, I'm curious. What are you doing with her?

Well, I started with the standard M!Robin-But-Green kit: Gronnraven+/[Movement Support]/Ignis/Triangle Adept/G Tomebreaker/[Flexible C-Slot Buff]. And that actually works pretty well! Considering a lot of the often-seen Arena units are blue (or were at the time), and Takumi was still a thing, she was actually really useful-- and the B skill can be changed to any 'breaker and work well, so I'm slowly collecting those.

Now that Horse Emblem is a thing, her actual tome Gronnwolf is also a perfect match. Reinhardt who? Robin don't care because B Tomebreaker (her other natural skill) is right there as well. That's my current project-- I'm considering 5-starring her to get Gronnwolf+, but I'm also kind of dragging my feet on it because I hate spending 20,000 feathers on anyone and having to build them back up again.

I'm always just kind of compiling ideas, too-- whenever someone posts a build I read it and take notes if it sounds like an interesting thing to try. The general consensus seems to be that she's a jack of all trades, master of none, so I think my goal right now is to have her be the flexible one in my team as much as possible-- if colorless units make a comeback in the meta, there's Gronnraven. If Horse Emblem keeps getting big, Gronnwolf. I'm curious about the new Gronnowl tome and Boey's defense-boosting skill. That might open up some new possibility, but I'm not strategically-minded enough to know what it is yet.

Basically I dunno, I want her to decently match whatever threats come up. She's no Nino, but she holds her own with the right skills. Gronnrobin for lyfe.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

Fury really doesn't play into her strengths, which is being an incredible tank.

She already has decent defence stats. Fury might be enough to push her so she can actually kill stuff + increase her bulk more. Carrot Axe might be enough to negate the hp loss?

also to the goon that wanted to give wrathful staff with the ATK+ Azama. I literally recommend any other healer than Azama since he has the lowest attk stat of all healers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

She already has decent defence stats. Fury might be enough to push her so she can actually kill stuff + increase her bulk more. Carrot Axe might be enough to negate the hp loss?

Sheena deals damage with bonfire (or Ignis), not attack damage. Getting rid of the killer axe is a massive downgrade for her.

The damage from fury adds up really fast.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Parasol Prophet posted:

Well, I started with the standard M!Robin-But-Green kit: Gronnraven+/[Movement Support]/Ignis/Triangle Adept/G Tomebreaker/[Flexible C-Slot Buff]. And that actually works pretty well! Considering a lot of the often-seen Arena units are blue (or were at the time), and Takumi was still a thing, she was actually really useful-- and the B skill can be changed to any 'breaker and work well, so I'm slowly collecting those.

Now that Horse Emblem is a thing, her actual tome Gronnwolf is also a perfect match. Reinhardt who? Robin don't care because B Tomebreaker (her other natural skill) is right there as well. That's my current project-- I'm considering 5-starring her to get Gronnwolf+, but I'm also kind of dragging my feet on it because I hate spending 20,000 feathers on anyone and having to build them back up again.

I'm always just kind of compiling ideas, too-- whenever someone posts a build I read it and take notes if it sounds like an interesting thing to try. The general consensus seems to be that she's a jack of all trades, master of none, so I think my goal right now is to have her be the flexible one in my team as much as possible-- if colorless units make a comeback in the meta, there's Gronnraven. If Horse Emblem keeps getting big, Gronnwolf. I'm curious about the new Gronnowl tome and Boey's defense-boosting skill. That might open up some new possibility, but I'm not strategically-minded enough to know what it is yet.

Basically I dunno, I want her to decently match whatever threats come up. She's no Nino, but she holds her own with the right skills. Gronnrobin for lyfe.

If you're going with her innate B. Tomebreaker, Gronnwolf is a trap: Gronnraven+, Triangle Adept 3, and innate B. Tomebreaker deals with any Reinhardt that appears and any HP sacrifice/swap skills should get her back on her feet.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Well, that was "fun".

Got an all blue team in the heroes arena. And I got an opponent with Titania.

I've had bad hands before, but I think having every single unit I got unable to do 1 damage to the enemy is a bit of a highwater mark. Can't even build meter.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, that was "fun".

Got an all blue team in the heroes arena. And I got an opponent with Titania.

I've had bad hands before, but I think having every single unit I got unable to do 1 damage to the enemy is a bit of a highwater mark. Can't even build meter.

It happens about once every gauntlet for me.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Surprisingly, Julia is kicking Tharja's rear end right now. Something like 1mil to 500k.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kyte posted:

Surprisingly, Julia is kicking Tharja's rear end right now. Something like 1mil to 500k.

Julia had the first 3x bonus. Linde was briefly in the lead against Tharja too.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Kyte posted:

After the initial starting "same" vote count, Tharja had triple Julia's score. Not a good sign. Honestly, I don't want Julia to win. Not just because I'm on Tharja's team, but because Robin vs Julia will be a very boring final. Tharja vs Robin, on the other hand, might have either win.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
And just like that, Tharja has 1.7 billion more points than Julia.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
3X bonus on double 200 flags right into the top 1K, baby :getin:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
um I thought Leo was supposed to be popular because he's getting destroyed

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

um I thought Leo was supposed to be popular because he's getting destroyed
He is, but Robin is the Alpha-husbando.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I seem to keep ending up with another effie main as one of my allies in the gauntlet while fighting for Tharja, it's odd.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tithin posted:

I seem to keep ending up with another effie main as one of my allies in the gauntlet while fighting for Tharja, it's odd.

One of your friends has her as a lead unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Roger Explosion posted:

He is, but Robin is the Alpha-husbando.

pff husbandoing a self-insert... how lacking in taste