Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Couldn't vote for "Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Faced, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie" so this poll is garbage. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Skellybones posted:

I enjoyed watching this tv show.

Haha, look at how wrong you are!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oh Snapple! posted:

Sharon Carter is a well-adjusted, grown-rear end woman who was never, at any point, psychologically traumatized and dependent on Cap as her teacher and therapist.

Ashi stopped Jack from killing himself.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the correct choice is winning

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There's very little here that convinces me a student/mentor relationship wouldn't have been more respectful, sensible, appropriate and overall more functioning. It would have spared us an episode of clumsy pacing and more importantly, the past couple of pages of discussion.

And yeah, it really does suck for protagonist girls to be primarily relegated to love interests of the main character. Give me your outlier examples and for every one I'll give you ten of the status quo.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Hot drat, next episode can't come soon enough

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Das Boo posted:

There's very little here that convinces me a student/mentor relationship wouldn't have been more respectful, sensible, appropriate and overall more functioning. It would have spared us an episode of clumsy pacing and more importantly, the past couple of pages of discussion.

And yeah, it really does suck for protagonist girls to be primarily relegated to love interests of the main character. Give me your outlier examples and for every one I'll give you ten of the status quo.

Does it count if the main character of a story is a woman? Because they can't, technically, be relegated to "love interest" in that case.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Fionordequester posted:

Does it count if the main character of a story is a woman? Because they can't, technically, be relegated to "love interest" in that case.

I wasn't counting those,. 'cause I honestly agree. They can be done lovely, but you'd have to pull off some amazing loops to make the protagonist the Love Interest Character.

I bet anime's done it!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

RentACop posted:

Hot drat, next episode can't come soon enough

Like that's gonna end this loving discussion

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It

Dangerous Person posted:

Like that's gonna end this loving discussion

It'll at least help wipe the slate clean. If Genndy and co end up making the last two episodes ep 8 QUALITY, well at least we have the first three episodes to rewatch.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I can't believe the best choice went from 70% to 50%.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If it could somehow be an audio choice it'd probably be 100%.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Turtlicious posted:

Why should we be ashamed? Anime is good, and requires a deeper reading than most cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1TCp9oHYKg

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Fionordequester posted:

I could make a strange, slightly meta case for Starfox Adventures

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
so has anyone pointed out this yet to further fuel the flames?

I'm doing it anyway.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbYr4nNucAA

I can't believe a fan of films of all things would hold the moral high ground.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I actually think this thread is pretty civil but please don't disappoint me and argue with Turtlicious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

so has anyone pointed out this yet to further fuel the flames?

I'm doing it anyway.

Yeah, people were citing this as the likeliest reason Jack and Ashi would hook up.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Spoiler for next episode.

Scaramouche makes it back to Aku

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This sums up the last week of posts.

http://i.imgur.com/9gnX4aW.gifv

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

Honestly, I'm more disappointed because I figured if any cartoon could've had a female lead whose most notable attribute was NOT being the love interest of the male protagonist at all, it would be this one. If we are going to see Jack being forced to choose between going to the past or staying in the future in the finale, I'd argue it still would've had a similar tension if Ashi had wound up (strictly) being his student.

That's not her most notable attribute, though. The love interest angle didn't even appear until the most recent episode

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fionordequester posted:

Well I'm sorry, but...they're making out and everything at the end of the episode, Jack's blushing like mad, and they're playing the "Everybody Loves Somebody" song at the end. What other conclusion are we supposed to draw other than that Jack's sword is "getting hard over someone who lived 99.99% of her life as a brainwashed young girl"? That's what's happening; there's no getting around it.

like, did everyone somehow miss that the main conflict of the second half of the episode was that neither of them knew how to push the "button" in the right way to "initiate" things, followed by a minute of screaming to a bunch of images of things bursting with fluid? did you guys think that was all coincidental?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This sums up the last week of posts.

http://i.imgur.com/9gnX4aW.gifv

I love the people who edit Samurai Jack.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

Spoiler for next episode.

Scaramouche makes it back to Aku

Well of course. How else will Aku find out about Ashi so he can kidnap her?

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I guess I have commonality with the Lord of All Evil now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Das Aku?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There was a HOPE here.
It's gone now.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Das Boo posted:

There was a HOPE here.
It's gone now.

HAAAAAAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well of course. How else will Aku find out about Ashi so he can kidnap her?

Scaramouche doesn't know about her?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Scaramouche doesn't even know that Jack has his sword back. in fact, he's going to Aku to tell him that Jack lost his sword

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Scaramouche doesn't know about her?

He doesn't. But if he tells Aku that Jack's sword is missing, then Aku will open a portal to look at Jack. And if he opens a portal to look at Jack, chances are that he's going to see Ashi is traveling with him.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I feel like that people citing the age thing are a little off. The whole point of this season was that Jack was as hosed as Ashi as a character. His hatred of Aku might be more justified and based in reality, but it's still a blinding force. Despite experiencing over 50 years, I feel like Jack is essentially not much older than a teenager.

As someone who's doubtful that Jack is ever going to return the past, I think that there is even the possibility that his relationship with Ashi is what actually allows him to age. He's finally unstuck from the moment where he failed to kill Aku, comes to terms with it, and grows up.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/ShitpostBot5000/status/863514264589488128

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Are you ready to ruuuuuuuumble?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It's been a couple weeks since the last Jack episode, but the last episode where Jack got his sword was a real good one. I'm hype!!

edit: god dammit let me dream gennedy

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
gotta get back. back to the good. Samurai Jack.

oh wait no they are smooching again

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay yeah they're definitely going to bonesville eventually.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
awkward dating Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ashi finally joins the rest of us in the seen Jack naked club.

Pale Jack is a lot nicer than blue Jack.

• Locked thread