Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Loel posted:

I feel like Rohan is trying to get herself killed this mission. Just flying at every SAM site she can find

IT HAPPENED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Us Tornado Boys firing missiles everywhich way: :unsmith:
Rohan: :smith:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Dreamsicle posted:

IT HAPPENED

I DIDNT MEAN TO IM SORYR :gonk:

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Dreamsicle posted:

IT HAPPENED

:rip:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Ikasuhito posted:

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

Or launch every SDB at the same SA-11

edit: Kind of terrifying just watching our planes roll north and turn everything into mulch...

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 14, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

:ninja:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So we went with the wide front push, as opposed to the narrow deep one. Im expecting a pleasingly ludicrious payout due to the property damage :v:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Since our whole goal was to hit the coast, I gotta say that was pretty sub-optimal.

Also, check your PMs Yooper.

Curious to see losses and expenditures on that one, but that sheet might be a different kind of spoiler.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Ikasuhito posted:

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

Get it right it's PRESS F TO PICKLE RESPECTS :colbert:

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
F o7

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Added Space posted:

Since our whole goal was to hit the coast, I gotta say that was pretty sub-optimal.

Curious to see losses and expenditures on that one, but that sheet might be a different kind of spoiler.

Yeah, next mission I really must insist we hit the coast. We are running short on time, as much fun as a turkey shoot is.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Loel posted:

Yeah, next mission I really must insist we hit the coast. We are running short on time, as much fun as a turkey shoot is.

Next mission, assuming it doesn't involve some insane curveball (which given what Yooper said post-stream re: losses and expenditures I'm thinking is probably going to happen), is probably going to have to be a hail mary assassination strike. I don't think us clearing the way means Von Hoff can actually take the capital before China shows up unless it turns out we're starting in spitting range of downtown.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

power crystals posted:

Next mission, assuming it doesn't involve some insane curveball (which given what Yooper said post-stream re: losses and expenditures I'm thinking is probably going to happen), is probably going to have to be a hail mary assassination strike. I don't think us clearing the way means Von Hoff can actually take the capital before China shows up unless it turns out we're starting in spitting range of downtown.

I think we'll be closer than we think. We did manage to blow up a lot of comms and Sector Controls and I think that may disorganize them enough to force them to fall back faster. I also think we were able to hit some Free State ground forces so we may have been able to get the Rangers to the west and take the highway.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

power crystals posted:

hm...

Wave 1) Clear radar/AAA to the capital
Ignore any ground forces left
Wave 2) All forces hit capital with precision carpet bombing :metal101:

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
getting rather CIA doc in here guys

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Thefluffy posted:

getting rather CIA doc in here guys

Always does, day of the video.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Added Space posted:

Oh hell yes. Check your PM. gently caress yah.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:ohdear:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Oh no

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

This is not inspiring.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

This is not inspiring.

So what went wrong? :munch:

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

We just received some audio from the Free State just before the missions went out.

https://soundcloud.com/user-485295418/free-state-interview

Thanks to Added Space : Well done and bravo!

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper posted:

We just received some audio from the Free State just before the missions went out.

Wow that's a lot better than I thought about the PMs. This is also great.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The Free State wants to use AI-run industry to institute a UBI and achieve Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism Now? Are... are we the baddies?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Crazycryodude posted:

The Free State wants to use AI-run industry to institute a UBI and achieve Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism Now? Are... are we the baddies?

You know libertarians, the first 5 minutes sound good. Then you look at how they actually do things and its all bitcoins, waifus, and rare pepes.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Yooper posted:

OH THOSE FUCKERS TOOK CREDIT FOR OUR LUANDA STRIKE THOSE BASTARDS!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dr. Snark posted:

:argh:

Looks like next mission may be as much fighting with the Freestate over the capital as it is fighting Desantos' forces.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Crazycryodude posted:

Don't listen to them. Knowing them their plans currently consist of impenetrable flow diagrams sketched on the back of waifu posters and the insides of body pillow casings.

Also, did Unicorn ever overfly Free State territory? If he did, I'm headcanoning that he dropped a few leaflets of husbando literature just to creep those PUA types out.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Dr. Snark posted:

I mean - does anyone care? We get NYT front page, they get podcasts with 12 downloads.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Dr. Snark posted:

...that...that was my plan.

Operation Golgotha was my plan.

IT WAS MY PLAN YOU SONS OF BITCHES IN THE NAME OF ROHAN THE DRAGONSLAYER I'M GOING TO FLY OVER THERE AND FORCE EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU TO READ TOUKEN RANBU DOUJI--*signal lost*

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Davin Valkri posted:

...that...that was my plan.

Operation Golgotha was my plan.

IT WAS MY PLAN YOU SONS OF BITCHES IN THE NAME OF ROHAN THE DRAGONSLAYER I'M GOING TO FLY OVER THERE AND FORCE EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU TO READ TOUKEN RANBU DOUJI--*signal lost*

Im guessing 'buy off their PMCs' is back on the table?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

yes, im sure this automated mining system is totally real and tested and not just, at best, a computer janitor's fever dream that makes any mineral extraction engineer stare in mute horror.

at worst it will be "literally slave labor, but with a curtain around it.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Loel posted:

I mean - does anyone care? We get NYT front page, they get podcasts with 12 downloads.

We might lose out on potential contractors because of that! Think of how much we can sell ourselves by saying that we successfully carried out an airstrike on a heavily fortified target in the middle of a large city without any civilian casualties! That poo poo's practically gold in the merc world!

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Dr. Snark posted:

We might lose out on potential contractors because of that! Think of how much we can sell ourselves by saying that we successfully carried out an airstrike on a heavily fortified target in the middle of a large city without any civilian casualties! That poo poo's practically gold in the merc world!

Oh please, the only people who will buy that they did it will be other Reddit libertarians.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Davin Valkri posted:

Don't listen to them. Knowing them their plans currently consist of impenetrable flow diagrams sketched on the back of waifu posters and the insides of body pillow casings.
Oh, I know not to trust a word Reddit says, ESPECIALLY about economics and technology, but a guy can dream...

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Dr. Snark posted:

So ... lets buy the other merc team, get them to put up our flags at the last second, and take all the Free Staters hostage.

Our commandos have finished their Hunger Games, yeah? :D

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Loel posted:

Im guessing 'buy off their PMCs' is back on the table?

I'd still like to do this, yes. Is there any way we can forward Littlebird Consulting's message to us to this podcast?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Davin Valkri posted:

I'd still like to do this, yes. Is there any way we can forward Littlebird Consulting's message to us to this podcast?

After the buyout goes through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Here's the transcript.

Credit to Mrs. Space for half the audio.