Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Tien is getting owned hard, calling it now Tien wins the Super-dragonball wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He actually might.

Tien is seriously either going to get a badass moment in the tournament proper, or some one at Toei REALLY hates him.

He's just hanging out, everyone else getting all these awesome moments, while he doesn't even get an attack off yet.

Also Goku is the worst goddamn teammate.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

Gohan will finally go beyond Ultimate Gohan, and achieve his true form: Mystic Gohan
To achieve this state, Gohan will have to put his scholarship skills to the test and determine specifically where the term "Mystic Gohan" actually originated from.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The other "weak" members of the team: Krillin, got a whole bunch of "yeah I'm not as strong as you guys but look at how tricky and skilled I am" moments. Master Roshi, hulked out under mind control and managed to punch up with Goku for a little bit. Tien, has done nothing but get his rear end kicked repeatedly and had his two signature moves stuffed before he could even use them.

Jeez, Toei, if you're gonna put the guy on the team at least let him pretend to do a thing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tien is going to get replaced at the last minute by a newly resurrected King Piccolo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The fact that apparently you can put dead people on your team really feels like it should open up a lot of potential for other universes. I mean at bare minimum there is probably at least one universe where a God of Destruction died.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tien fails because he's Tien, gets replaced with King Piccolo
17 wins his boat in sweepstakes, quits, gets replaced with Captain Ginyu
18 finds an even bigger horde of treasure, quits, gets replaced with Tao Pai Pai

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Tien is getting owned hard, calling it now Tien wins the Super-dragonball wish.

17 is gonna get the wish and wish for a minotauros family to repopulate.

The series will gloss over the incestual and biological realities of this leading to inevitable species death anyway.

Edit- This boat poo poo is a lie fyi

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Looking forward to seeing homeless Frost get beat up by Hit next week.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Honestly, Captain Ginyu as a teammate would open up some AMAZING possibilities. By the end we could have drat near Thorsby levels of misunderstanding what with all the body swapping.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

"So this is what being Yamcha is like."

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I didn't think he was getting up after that hit.

EDIT: WAHHHH TATATATATATATATATA

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Tien was not prepared for today.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I have a feeling Kikoho would have wrecked Piccolo if Gohan didn't stop it.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if they'll bring up the limitations to Baba's 1 day revive (that using too much energy shortens your time) and handwave it away or will they just pretend its not a thing, because Golden Frieza obviously drains more energy than SSJ3 did

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ekusukariba posted:

I wonder if they'll bring up the limitations to Baba's 1 day revive (that using too much energy shortens your time) and handwave it away or will they just pretend its not a thing, because Golden Frieza obviously drains more energy than SSJ3 did

Baba has been training too. Duh.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ekusukariba posted:

Freeza has been training his golden form nonstop since he died. Struggling against an immovable cocoon is great resistance training.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That fight at the end loving owned

Arrgytehpirate posted:

WAHHHH TATATATATATATATATA

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

gently caress Universe 7

Let's go Universe 10.

e:

This was a really good and sweet episode though, I really hope it's not a fakeout for Gohan jobbing.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 14, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
apparently universe 10 guy's name is a pun on "useless team" so I uh

wouldn't expect much

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They have Gowasu, they got this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
etetetetetetetet
atatatatatatatat

Gohan's daddy issues are getting worse and worse.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dexo posted:

I have a feeling Kikoho would have wrecked Piccolo if Gohan didn't stop it.

He could barely stand up straight after taking the first hit.

This is why people shouldn't come out of retirement on a whim. It can get embarrassing.

He tried to use his suicide move in a practice fight.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I thought Kikoho was risky but not like "if you use it judiciously you'll still die." Tien just has used it as a three-eyed one-armed cowboy and was also spamming it to pin Cell.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Krillin, strongest human confirmed, signed, immortalized forever in human history.

When Gohan is allowed to put his foot down, shucks howdy does it stomp.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

sassassin posted:

etetetetetetetet
atatatatatatatat

Gohan's daddy issues are getting worse and worse.

I'd say they've gotten better with this fight. Both threw everything they had at each other. Neither held back. That's Important. This is, I think, the first time they've Actually Fought Each Other. The results don't exactly matter here, though it's good that Gohan can take it. Goku is still very much proud of his son.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Goku being an undeniably good dad is really weird, honestly.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Last episode: "Man, Tien's kind of a chump here."
This episode: "Man, Tien just got turned into a loving railroad spike."

You better pull out some weird triclops magic in this tournament, man.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why are you even here tien. also lol at goku telling him to focus on piccolo and then letting gohan knock him through a mountain

goku vs gohan is very annoying to listen to in japanese

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Did Tien ever do kikoho with four arms or was that multiverse?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bloodly posted:

I'd say they've gotten better with this fight. Both threw everything they had at each other. Neither held back. That's Important. This is, I think, the first time they've Actually Fought Each Other. The results don't exactly matter here, though it's good that Gohan can take it. Goku is still very much proud of his son.

Gohan is so determined to prove to his dad he's good at fighting he can't even wait until the tournament which starts in 5 minutes.

It's all ego and daddy issues from Gohan at the moment. He's lost sight of the reason they're all getting together in the first place (even worse than Goku).

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can't believe they changed the female super saiyan's design again and now she has green hair.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

I can't believe they changed the female super saiyan's design again and now she has green hair.

In our defence, after Toriyama's lifelong aversion to fighting female characters it was easier to believe they'd redesigned Kaly than actually introduced two female Saiyans at once. What a brave new world of Dragon Ball we have entered ...

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

multijoe posted:

In our defence, after Toriyama's lifelong aversion to fighting female characters it was easier to believe they'd redesigned Kaly than actually introduced two female Saiyans at once. What a brave new world of Dragon Ball we have entered ...

It was still really funny.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

It was still really funny.

Yes, it was.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

why are you even here tien. also lol at goku telling him to focus on piccolo and then letting gohan knock him through a mountain

goku vs gohan is very annoying to listen to in japanese

I have to give Tien this one. Gohan was fighting two dudes at once to protect his teammate, including loving Goku, whereas Goku couldn't manage to stop one person from turning his partner into a tent peg.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So I guess Kale's transformation into Legendary something that take everyone by surprise -- and makes Vegeta question the strength of his wedding vows.

But I don't know, maybe Tien will get so frustrated that he'll pull out something impressive before being Yamchaed.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
So Gohan's definitely gonna pop out a completely different Super Saiyan God form during the tournament, right? Where he turns Super on top of Mystic or something? I feel like that's what this is building up for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blockhouse posted:

apparently universe 10 guy's name is a pun on "useless team" so I uh

wouldn't expect much

RIP Gowasu's Godtube Career

• Locked thread