Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bernie killed rosa
Feb 23, 2003
Hey there, I just got this game a few days ago and just finished the first area of the game, does anyone know where I can get the map for the rest of the areas, like Hyrule Field? So far I only have the map for the first area of the game, everything else has been blank. I've already visited Kakariko Village and Hateno Village and haven't gotten any new maps so far..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

bernie killed rosa posted:

Hey there, I just got this game a few days ago and just finished the first area of the game, does anyone know where I can get the map for the rest of the areas, like Hyrule Field? So far I only have the map for the first area of the game, everything else has been blank. I've already visited Kakariko Village and Hateno Village and haven't gotten any new maps so far..

look for the orange towers and climb them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

look for the orange towers and climb them.

ya

Porstuve
Apr 4, 2015

Are there any enemies that will fight each other when they come into contact with one another?

I just saw a video of a guardian shooting a talus after the talus hit it, but are there any enemies that'll fight each other just because they're nearby?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Porstuve posted:

Are there any enemies that will fight each other when they come into contact with one another?

I just saw a video of a guardian shooting a talus after the talus hit it, but are there any enemies that'll fight each other just because they're nearby?

I think enemies follow DOOM rules. They are all on the same team until they prove their disloyalty by blasting someone in the back.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I remember one time I was fighting a black Hinox that kept getting electrocuted somehow and then I noticed there was a bokoblin behind him trying to hit me with electric arrows.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Wolves will attack Lynels. They get their asses beat, but still.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Sam Faust posted:

I remember one time I was fighting a black Hinox that kept getting electrocuted somehow and then I noticed there was a bokoblin behind him trying to hit me with electric arrows.

Not quite the same thing, but on Eventide Island I was trying to pick off enemies one by one in the large camp, during a thunderstorm, but I made a mistake and the Moblin started coming for me while I was unprepared.

I ran. Dropping bombs behind me, but I ran. I detonated one too early, and by the time I had chipped him down a bit I was hurting too, so I was keeping my distance as best I could.

I may have mentioned it was during a thunderstorm. I heard the familiar zap-zap of a bolt about to strike, and I looked around for it. The Moblin was holding a metal sword. I looked on in awe and immense relief as he went, BOOM!

I love this game.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Chus will do their elemental bursts regardless of how close their allies are. Very rude of them

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Porstuve posted:

Normal animals like bears and wolves will hunt down prey and attack monsters like Bokoblins if they get to close. I don't think any of the 'monster' enemies fight each other besides incidentally though.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
I went back to that spot near the Ranch Ruins where the rear end in a top hat game stuck a Guardian next to a Hinox.

I tried fighting the Guardian first, which woke up the Hynox. Eventually I jammed myself between them to the point that the Hinox punted the Guardian (which was down 2 legs) about 3-400 meters away.

I shrugged and continued fighting the Hinox, expecting the Guardian to give up or no longer see me.

It dragged itself back into the fight :magical::magical::magical:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I've noticed in order to save memory I guess if you cut the leg off a Guardian any other Guardians you encounter during that play session will also be missing that specific limb. Maybe, or maybe I was just imagining it.

But I do wonder how far that goes. Like if you only leave one limb will all the Guardians you meet before you power off your system also be pitiful Lil' Brudders trying to still take out Link?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I've noticed in order to save memory I guess if you cut the leg off a Guardian any other Guardians you encounter during that play session will also be missing that specific limb. Maybe, or maybe I was just imagining it.

But I do wonder how far that goes. Like if you only leave one limb will all the Guardians you meet before you power off your system also be pitiful Lil' Brudders trying to still take out Link?

I'm pretty sure this isn't true.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Some Guardians just don't have all six legs from the start.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm at the beach now with my laptop and for some reason Chrome isn't syncing tabs with my computer back home. Anybody have the link to that page that showed where basically every item in the game spawned? That was one of the tabs I'm trying to recover.

Also on the drive down I was doing the Hebra Mountains and I came across this Walking Guardian that was just sitting there. It might have been near the Mozo Shenno shrine? It was near a shrine that was an underground Major Test of Strength at any rate and I would run up to it and stasis it and it would fall through the ground, 100% of the time. Then I'd loop around trying to find the shrine and it would be back and I would stasis it again, it would fall through the ground again, etc. I've never seen that happen before. Anybody else encounter this? Is it just that specific Guardian? The music would play and then it would stop, every time. No blood moons happened.

At any rate, playing full console Zelda in a car at 70+ mph down the interstate was an excellent proof of concept for the Switch. Nintendo may not sell 100 million of the things, but they deserve to. If only I had had four friends in the back seat to play Mario Kart with, right?

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I may have mentioned it was during a thunderstorm. I heard the familiar zap-zap of a bolt about to strike, and I looked around for it. The Moblin was holding a metal sword. I looked on in awe and immense relief as he went, BOOM!

I love this game.

Thiss happened to me except it was a Lizalfos cheap-shotting me while standing in a river. rear end in a top hat had it coming

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Thiss happened to me except it was a Lizalfos cheap-shotting me while standing in a river. rear end in a top hat had it coming

It happened to me a couple of times with Yiga blademaster. Doing that creepy slow walk towards me with their sword up and the lighting kills 'em. Free sword and mighty bananas for me!

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

The Lobster posted:

I'm at the beach now with my laptop and for some reason Chrome isn't syncing tabs with my computer back home. Anybody have the link to that page that showed where basically every item in the game spawned? That was one of the tabs I'm trying to recover.

I don't think I've seen this page you're talking about. Is it this? https://rankedboost.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild/weapons-armor-items/

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Lobster posted:

Also on the drive down I was doing the Hebra Mountains and I came across this Walking Guardian that was just sitting there. It might have been near the Mozo Shenno shrine? It was near a shrine that was an underground Major Test of Strength at any rate and I would run up to it and stasis it and it would fall through the ground, 100% of the time. Then I'd loop around trying to find the shrine and it would be back and I would stasis it again, it would fall through the ground again, etc. I've never seen that happen before. Anybody else encounter this? Is it just that specific Guardian? The music would play and then it would stop, every time. No blood moons happened.

I've had something similar with a Bokoblin on one of their platforms. He'd sink through the floor (no stasis involved) and run back up as if he were going up stairs, but he would only move vertically.

I put him out of his misery.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The Lobster posted:

This one?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

That's the one! Thanks!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Also another thing I've noticed, I never see the regular fairies anymore hanging out around the Great Fairies, I mean like for the last few weeks. Is there some trigger like earning Mipha's Grace that stops them from respawning, or the game just doesn't want you to have more than 4-5?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Also another thing I've noticed, I never see the regular fairies anymore hanging out around the Great Fairies, I mean like for the last few weeks. Is there some trigger like earning Mipha's Grace that stops them from respawning, or the game just doesn't want you to have more than 4-5?

Once you have 5 fairies, they stop spawning. Lose some fairies and they will come back.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Cool, I figured it had to be something like that. I don't think I've ever been saved by Mipha's Grace and then also needed a fairy anyway.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
the stalkers in Castle Town will glitch through the floor if you stasis them from far enough away. it's on a glitch compilation video on youtube, but i didn't know the one in Hebra also did that.

along the way
Jan 18, 2009
I need to find the fourth Great Fairy, but I don't want to look it up.

I noticed the other ones had a quest or dialogue associated with their locations. Is this true for all Great Fairies?

along the way fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 15, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I can think of one I didn't see any dialogue for, but it was quite visible from a tower. The other three definitely had things that would lead you to them.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Dieting Hippo posted:

the stalkers in Castle Town will glitch through the floor if you stasis them from far enough away. it's on a glitch compilation video on youtube, but i didn't know the one in Hebra also did that.

This makes sense. I was far enough away every time that it hadn't "woken up" and started targeting me yet. I was trying to dash in for a few cheap shots with the Master Sword. (Edit: To clarify, this particular walker just sits stationary until you get close enough to activate it. It's one of the "play dead" walkers." Not a Decayed Guardian, though.)

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 15, 2017

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Argue posted:

I can think of one I didn't see any dialogue for, but it was quite visible from a tower. The other three definitely had things that would lead you to them.

That one has a quest attached to it as well, which starts SE from that spot, if I recall correctly (near the stables).

along the way
Jan 18, 2009
Is that the one near Tabantha Tower? If so, there's a quest for that one as well.

edit: ^what he said

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I thought it was the Akkala one that didn't have a quest associated with it.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
This game is helpful in unexpected ways.

Even though I had aggro'd the Hinox in this spot, the game decided that the aggro'd Guardian that was coming at me was worth marking.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yoooooooo

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/15/15639978/zelda-smartphone-game-nintendo-wsj

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calling it now. It's literally Pokemon Go but with Koroks.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

along the way posted:

I noticed the other ones had a quest or dialogue associated with their locations. Is this true for all Great Fairies?

3 out of 4 I remember there being side quests:

Tabantha one is a guy at the nearby stables that pays you to unlock it.

The painter guy in kakoriko that wants a picture of the fountain next to the village.

One fountain you find in the desert, under a whale carcass (which is another side quest)

the one near tarry town i don't remember if it had a quest related to it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dictator. posted:

3 out of 4 I remember there being side quests:

Tabantha one is a guy at the nearby stables that pays you to unlock it.

The painter guy in kakoriko that wants a picture of the fountain next to the village.

One fountain you find in the desert, under a whale carcass (which is another side quest)

the one near tarry town i don't remember if it had a quest related to it.

The one near tarrey town has an npc mention it after you finish a sidequest there. The desert one is also right next to a shrine.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

A Tingle-themed incremental game

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Calling it now. It's literally Pokemon Go but with Koroks.

If you collect all 60 million koroks you get a wallpaper of a golden poop.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

along the way posted:

Yes.

Want to say which one you're missing?

Crawfish posted:

I thought it was the Akkala one that didn't have a quest associated with it.

It doesn't have a quest, but once you've started the Tarrey Town quest one of the people there points out the location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Cojawfee posted:

Once you have 5 fairies, they stop spawning. Lose some fairies and they will come back.

Or, the next time you go to the fountain, choose to hold five of the fairies you have in your inventory. Once the number of fairies in your actual inventory drops below the threshold (because they're in your hands now), more will appear at the fountain, as long as it's been a Blood Moon since the last time you grabbed or chased off fairies from that fountain.

You can then put the ones in your hands away, and go catch the new fairies.

If I recall correctly, the maximum number of fairies you can have in your inventory by doing this is 11.