Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Then you have TRUMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cumshitter posted:

what as the science for moses paritng the river

becase i remember reading some really stupid biblical science that was all "well actually" about how maybe moses didnt have super powers but a river could totally part itself and he just happened to be there at the right tiem

moses wasn't real

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

what as the science for moses paritng the river

becase i remember reading some really stupid biblical science that was all "well actually" about how maybe moses didnt have super powers but a river could totally part itself and he just happened to be there at the right tiem

Imo he built boats, god likes boats, Moses was a foreman, god p big into building stuff

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Mike Pence is into cock and ball torture?

E: Also why are North Americans starting to say "Ja" (but misspelling it)? I mean it's kinda homely to me as a South African but it seems weird.

keine idee

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Imo he built boats, god likes boats, Moses was a foreman, god p big into building stuff

given how the tower of babel situation worked out i assure you he is not

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
josep his the biggest cuck in history because he let a pregnant teenaged girl talk him into marrying her while she was 1) a virgin and 2) totally worthy of marrying a carpetner, which i imagine was like being the equivalent of a silicon valley software programming ~rockstar~ back in the day

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

loving why. how is he this loving dumb. i mean jesus christ can he stop sucking putins dick for one second. i guess not.

I dunno, that's like diplomacy 101. Not real diplomacy, but the game. "Gee, North Korea just got another supply center, I bet Russia is feeling threatened!"

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

He likes practical skills like carpentry but not building poo poo for the sake of it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"jesus" was probably alive and real at one point in time, but moses almost certainly wasn't

it's like asking what the science behind the apple was

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

He likes practical skills like carpentry but not building poo poo for the sake of it.

he also hates when people build houses before a temple to him

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

NecroMonster posted:

"jesus" was probably alive and real at one point in time, but moses almost certainly wasn't

Jesus is cool and my friend.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

lol and here come the crazies

move along nutso, we're trying to have a serious scientific discussion here

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

god's the ultimate hater

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

moses wasn't real

i think its on you to prove that

could science have created... this???

*does sweeping arm gesture toward biblical recreation of dinosaurs boarding noahs ark*

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

he also hates when people build houses before a temple to him
His temple is him living in your head rent free jeeze

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm not trying to prove poo poo i'm just going to trust basically every single god damned jewish religious scholar worth a drat instead

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i might be really really tired right now lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

His temple is him living in your head rent free jeeze

in His defense that particular order came from a homeless man who wanted a place to live, free food and many hookers

so you know maybe not particularly objective there

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

free barabbas

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
What NecroMonster said isn't controversial, Moses isn't considered a historical person.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

btw megatron and Starscream were lovers, thats why it took so long for one to kill the other​. its like asking why batman doesnt kill catwoman or mr zsasz

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

punchymcpunch posted:

free barabbas

jesus was a travelling faith healer and barabbas wa sa mountain bandit who attacked roman soldiers

i bet pontius got his rear end handed to him for letting a raider go free

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

batman is a harem anime

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

batman is a harem anime

it's true

it even shares the quality of being poo poo, just like harem anime

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cumshitter posted:

jesus was a travelling faith healer and barabbas wa sa mountain bandit who attacked roman soldiers

i bet pontius got his rear end handed to him for letting a raider go free

bandits are fine cos they support the Roman paradigm ie travel is dangerous but strong daddy will protect you

the real danger is slave revolts so if moses was around he deffo woulda kept moses in jail

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i think it was in a previous version of this thread but someone linked a short story about future people doing time vacations back to the past. in it a family goes back to see jesus chosen to be crucified by pontius pilate when he does the crowdsourced execution thing

the protagonist runs around the town and in a smhalyen twist of events it turns out its the time tourists who condemn jesus to death and not actually people form that time

like it was supposed to be a shocking twist but how does christianity work if jesus doesnt die?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Trump Spectacular Fails?

Hillary 2024 fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 14, 2017

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

what, a story about a massive mega construction?

god likes stories about mega projects, noahs ark (which god faxes the engineering diagrams to noah)

I just read like 100 pages of very specific temple construction rules

his son is a carpenter, moses a foreman

he uses sonic weapons to topple jerico's walls

god is a god of engineers

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cumshitter posted:

i think it was in a previous version of this thread but someone linked a short story about future people doing time vacations back to the past. in it a family goes back to see jesus chosen to be crucified by pontius pilate when he does the crowdsourced execution thing

the protagonist runs around the town and in a smhalyen twist of events it turns out its the time tourists who condemn jesus to death and not actually people form that time

like it was supposed to be a shocking twist but how does christianity work if jesus doesnt die?

myth is more important than fact, death and rebirth was super standard *vomits up The Golden Bough.txt*

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
you cannot destroy my christian identity with your shakira law

donald trump will stop you

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

seanbabystill exists????

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

god gave the israelites weirding modules

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cool rick and morty season 2 is on hulu now i've been wanting to rewatch this (i'm sure it went up on hulu a while ago)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

deadgoon posted:

you cannot destroy my christian identity with your shakira law

donald trump will stop you

read my hips no new taxes

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

cumshitter posted:

yeah but its kind of weird that job was set in a biblical setting befor ean afterlife

like god makes it up to job by giving him twice the women, land, animals, and children that he had before. which is weirdly materialistic

clearly that just means he'll have 3 times the stuff in the afterlife

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i was a bag boy at a grocery store in high school and i turend on all the other people my age to seanabyb back then. we used to joke around and smoke weed and talk about the funny poo poo he wrote

one time while we were super stoned we came up with an idea about a majestic bird man whose wings are shot off by the villanoius Hunter mid flight and he crashed into a grocery store, like the one we workd at, and for inexplicable reasons he was hired as a bag boy. he had a regal bearing and gladly carried old ladies and their groceries all the way back to their home if htey asked

we sent our dumb idea to seanbabys yahoo email and for weeks we imagined that he was gonna email us back and tell us how awesome our idea was but obvs he had to get through his giant email backlog before he responded

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't. "

I laughed bitterly

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cumshitter posted:

i was a bag boy at a grocery store in high school and i turend on all the other people my age to seanabyb back then. we used to joke around and smoke weed and talk about the funny poo poo he wrote

one time while we were super stoned we came up with an idea about a majestic bird man whose wings are shot off by the villanoius Hunter mid flight and he crashed into a grocery store, like the one we workd at, and for inexplicable reasons he was hired as a bag boy. he had a regal bearing and gladly carried old ladies and their groceries all the way back to their home if htey asked

we sent our dumb idea to seanbabys yahoo email and for weeks we imagined that he was gonna email us back and tell us how awesome our idea was but obvs he had to get through his giant email backlog before he responded

i once emailed pokey the penguin to tell him how much i liked his stuff and he replied really quickly

pokey is cool

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Squizzle posted:

cybertron has been at war for like 8 million years so i have a hard time saying that any of the transformers is like innately evil, theyre all just coping w cosmic scale ptsd on both an individual and cultural level and the entire series is kind of an interplay of coping mechanisms or the failures thereof

sometimes you post about really deep stuff and sometimes you post about really dumb stuff and sometimes you post really deep stuff about really dumb stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
god drat that store was run by morons. they hired a 14 year old after telling him "you can't work here legally you're too young" and then put him through training and fired him like 5 weeks in

also like 3 months into the job a pepsi vending machine disappeared and it turned out some dude had just wheeled it into the employee breakroom without talking to anyone and was collecting the money and restocking it. he had no agreements with the management for it to be there and apparently it had been there a decade before a manager noticed.

• Locked thread