Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Privatisation gobstoppers? Uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Good thing that fox had fox hunting written on it

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but that last Bob Cartoon is an amazing example of twisting anything at all into an incoherent anti-corbin statement. You can't scrap trident you fool, those nukes protect the NHS from cyber crimes!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mr Phillby posted:

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but that last Bob Cartoon is an amazing example of twisting anything at all into an incoherent anti-corbin statement. You can't scrap trident you fool, those nukes protect the NHS from cyber crimes!

Aside from anything else, it's not even Labour Party policy to not replace Trident. But BoB is literally the worst so of course he misrepresents that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Privatisation gobstoppers? Uh

There's also Tuition Fee Bonbons so I guess an absence of something can be a sweet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mr Phillby posted:

Crazy Corbyn wants the NHS to scrap Windows 98.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I mean I get privatisation gobstoppers more than tuition fee bon-bons.

Also I like her smoke being labelled 'immigration controls'. I'm not entirely sure what the metaphor is there, so a very useful label. I might have wrongly assumed 'inaction on climate change,' otherwise.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 14, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's a good metaphor because it's toxic yet intangible. They've been promising to let 10k people in every election since 2007, and it's never ever going to happen.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Mr Phillby posted:

Plus, the Trident subs still run Windows XP.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Windows for Warships was a pretty big project ~10 years ago. Then I think a bunch of the defence companies decided they didn't like paying the licenses and started using in-house software. Things as old as the Trident subs running it would make sense though, it's like the US missile system that was (is?) still using 8-inch floppy disks and NASA scouring ebay retro-computing sellers when they needed test/replacement parts for the Space Shuttle systems for the last few years.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May and the NHS 'ransomware' attack – The cyber-attack that disrupted NHS systems and forced operations to be cancelled throughout the UK has become a bitterly contested election issue"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Show of military might as Emmanuel Macron is inaugurated as president

https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/864114206425010177

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May and welfare – Woman in Oxfordshire confronts prime minister over being denied help with extra costs of coping with learning disability"

Independent:

Conservative manifesto: New rights to time off work - Tories' 11 pledges revealed

Times:

Evening Standard:

General election: Labour's '£7.4bn a year extra for NHS'

Mail:
MAC ON... Theresa May's plan to give workers a year off to care for elderly relatives

'Right, Gran. I'm takin' a year off to look after you - bring us a cuppa tea will you?'

Guardian Sport:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You know you've hosed up as a Tory if even Mac makes fun of your ideas.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, he used it as an excuse to show that the youth of today are all feckless, chain-smoking drunks (with swastika tattoos).

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

goatface posted:

Nah, he used it as an excuse to show that the youth of today are all feckless, chain-smoking drunks (with swastika tattoos).

In what bizarre world is that a youth?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

You know you've hosed up as a Tory if even Mac makes fun of your ideas.

Remember that the Tories don't run the press, the press runs the Tory party.

Comics like that serve a dual purpose of portraying all workers as feckless skivers and giving the Tories a gentle reminder that they had better not be too serious about giving workers more rights.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
long live david squires

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

Mac-world.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Cerebral Bore posted:

Mac's in his 80s

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cerebral Bore posted:

Mac's world, where everyone under 50 is.

e: Beaten like a dead horse in a political cartoon.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Labour's 2017 manifesto – Among Jeremy Corbyn’s general election pledges are the renationalisation of the railways and Royal Mail and a rise in public-sector pay"

Independent:

General election 2017: 'Robin Hood tax' on City pledged by Labour (I assume it's to the old TV theme tune)

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC ON... Labour's election manifesto

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mac... what?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the prime minister's endorsement of her chancellor – Theresa May declines the chance to say Philip Hammond’s position is safe"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC ON...the Liberal Democrat's election manifesto

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

"Yeah, man". :airquote:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tory manifesto – Theresa May promises to ditch rightwing, free-market dogma and return to ‘true Conservatism’ as she launches the party’s general election manifesto"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

General election 2017: ITV hosts first leaders' debate – as it happened

Mail:
MAC ON... The wedding of the year

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
A rare misstep from Mac; Pippa wouldn't be eligible for that anyway.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
I'm glad Adams put the blue and red rosettes on May and Corbyn otherwise I'd have had no idea who they were.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit and Tory plans for social care – More elderly people will have to pay for their own social care in the home and lose universal benefits under a new Conservative policy"

Telegraph:

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
I want a ham sandwich now

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The elephants in May's room - Chris Riddell on the Tory manifesto"

Telegraph:

Indpendent:

After George Sheridan Knowles.

Independnet on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Poor ickle Philip Hammond :'(

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the fallout from the Tory manifesto – The Conservative lead over Labour has fallen by six points in the last month, but the party retains a commanding advantage"

Independent:

Theresa May faces Tory opposition to social care plans

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
:what:

edit - Oh God this batch's the worst

Pizdec fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 22, 2017

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Telegraph and the Times trying desperately to pretend Theresa May isn't making GBS threads her own campaign up the wall is amazing.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not sure if they're pretending that much:

‘Weak and wobbly’ May puts cap on social care policy

Theresa May was accused of being “weak and wobbly” today as she hastily changed her social care policy after it bombed on the doorstep.

The prime minister pledged to cap costs four days after rejecting the option of limiting liabilities in favour of an alternative plan.

Mrs May’s retreat comes after several polls showed the Conservatives losing ground and days of negative coverage of a policy dubbed the “dementia tax”.

The latest poll suggested a stunning collapse of support for the Tories, with Labour surging into the lead. The YouGov Welsh Barometer poll for ITV puts Labour on 44 per cent, up nine points, and the Tories on 34 per cent, down seven.

Mrs May insisted that “nothing has changed” at the launch of the…

Want to read more?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/fwd-p3h56x03c

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May's 'dementia tax' U-turn – Prime minister has been accused of “chaos, confusion and indecision” after announcing a U-turn on her plans to make people pay more for social care just days after they were first announced"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

At least 22 dead, 59 injured in suicide attack at Manchester Arena :smith:

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Cloud Potato posted:

David Squires:

Took me a while to get the beer holding reference: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/29/he-cant-hold-his-drink-zac-goldsmith-caught-out-for-not-holding/

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Manchester Arena attack – At least 22 people have died in a suicide bombing at a crowded pop concert in Manchester, the most deadly attack in Britain in a decade"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Soldiers on UK streets as threat raised to critical after Manchester bombing

Mail:
MAC on... Orlando Bloom and the waitress who enjoyed a night of 'incredible sex' with him

Guardian Sport:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nice of Adams to graph his stiffy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trump's meeting with Pope Francis – Though Trump gushed about the great honour of meeting Pope Francis, the pontiff showed a certain froideur and pointedly offered his guest his encyclical on climate change"

Independent:

Times:

After Francis Bacon.

Evening Standard:

UK police stop passing Manchester bombing information to US over leaks

Mail:
MAC on... the Manchester bomber who moved between Libya and Britain