Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Omg, loooove!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

:3:

They get so big and scary as they grow up though.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

mother's day brunch :-}

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

exmarx posted:

mother's day brunch :-}

Can't you just have an apricot chicken? Why bring pizza into it? :smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Can't you just have an apricot chicken? Why bring pizza into it? :smith:

How did you notice that but not the $16 grilled cheese. :eyepop:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface posted:

I'm more agog at the $19.50 Caesar salad

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Furnaceface posted:

16NZD = 10.98USD, and it's Philly cheesesteak, which means it might have meat in it. Pricey, but not completely off the wall.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

16NZD = 10.98USD, and it's Philly cheesesteak, which means it might have meat in it. Pricey, but not completely off the wall.

I can buy a large philly cheesesteak poutine for $8 and that has tons of meat in it. You guys get ripped off. :colbert:

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009
I spent far too long trying what "pepperoni bacon" could be. When it's "pepperoni, bacon".

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Furnaceface posted:

I can buy a large philly cheesesteak poutine for $8 and that has tons of meat in it. You guys get ripped off. :colbert:

You can get a Philly cheesesteak for 7.99 before taxes here in Albany, but I bet it's pricier in NYC and the other major cities.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's fair, the place I go here charges about $10 US for a cheesesteak and fries. It's an exotic item!

We have one place I know of that does poutine but they don't have cheese curds so they just use shredded Jack

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i would never pay for a philly cheese steak, they're flavorless sacks of grease

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's an inferior italian beef, just as chicago is the superior city

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Oh man, there's a place in Bangkok I used to live near that had hot Italian beefs as a rotating special, those are great

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

arguing over whether philly or chicago is superior is a bit like arguing whether you want a punch in the face or in the kidney

they both second tier

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I found out the breakfast place around the corner from me has something amazing: put a slice of cheese between two hash browns and cover that with an omelette.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

stone cold posted:

arguing over whether philly or chicago is superior is a bit like arguing whether you want a punch in the face or in the kidney

they both second tier

yeah they're no des moines

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Pirate Radar posted:

I found out the breakfast place around the corner from me has something amazing: put a slice of cheese between two hash browns and cover that with an omelette.

sounds like one of kalstram's videos

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i got $18 eggs florentine

https://twitter.com/Messina2012/status/862645550663028736

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

That's fair, the place I go here charges about $10 US for a cheesesteak and fries. It's an exotic item!

We have one place I know of that does poutine but they don't have cheese curds so they just use shredded Jack

That isnt poutine, thats fries and gravy with some cheese accidentally spilled on top. You literally need the curds for it to be poutine. I always keep a bag in the fridge for poutine emergencies. :colbert:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

participating in boojery, looks like i gotta warm up the guillotine

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Furnaceface posted:

That isnt poutine, thats fries and gravy with some cheese accidentally spilled on top. You literally need the curds for it to be poutine. I always keep a bag in the fridge for poutine emergencies. :colbert:

Poutine Emergency, the famous Quebecois thrash metal band.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Poutine Emergency, the famous Quebecois thrash metal band.

that was in fact voivod's original name

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface posted:

I know, it's just apparently hard as gently caress to get curds imported.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

The Muppets On PCP posted:

yeah they're no des moines

friend

des moines is a sixth tier city at absolute best

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that was in fact voivod's original name

Part of me wants to argue this but part of me wouldnt be surprised if it was actually true. Voivod is awesome either way though.

Pirate Radar posted:

I know, it's just apparently hard as gently caress to get curds imported.

That is sad news. No dairy farmers sell it locally in your state? Ive seen them in Minnesota and Michigan before.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Part of me wants to argue this but part of me wouldnt be surprised if it was actually true. Voivod is awesome either way though.

i was gonna make an indignant sincere post about how quebec is more famous for tech death than thrash but i went for the lazy joke

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

stone cold posted:

friend

des moines is a sixth tier city at absolute best

des moines isn't a city nor does it exist

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface posted:

That is sad news. No dairy farmers sell it locally in your state? Ive seen them in Minnesota and Michigan before.

Ah, I live in Taiwan. I used to live in Thailand and knew one place that imported from Wisconsin, but the owner said it was a huge PITA process to get a specific and niche food item imported internationally through Thai customs.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Furnaceface posted:

how would you feel if i told you poutine was trendy in the us

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

boner confessor posted:

Liable to start poutin', I bet.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
poutine is just canadian boiled peanuts

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

boner confessor posted:

I would be proud to know we are exporting heart attacks in food form to other countries. :canada:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Dan Rather posted:

I have lived through nearly 4,500 weeks in my life, and I have never seen a week like the one we just had.

I have seen weeks of far greater darkness, of war, and death, and economic despair. I have seen weeks of more confusion and uncertainty. But I have never seen a week where a president of our nation has behaved with such a cavalier disregard for the norms and institutions of our democracy. And it now seems like the investigation is expanding into Trump's business dealings. The comparisons with Richard Nixon are plentiful these days, but even he did not seem so untethered from our basic governance. And I have never seen so many members of a political party rally around incompetence, intemperance, and inanity.

The threats, the lies, the willful disregard for the rule of law should be limited to the world of Hollywood caricature. To see this played out each night on the news, to read about ramblings and inconsistencies in justifications for actions that should never have been taken, is to see a moment of great peril for our nation.

I remain, however, an optimist. I see the swellings of civic engagement and action. I hear the voices of those who demand that this subversion of our national ideals shall not stand. I have covered social movement of the past, and never have seen one where so much power and numbers lie on the side of the opposition. This is a clash for the values of our nation. Our destiny is in our hands.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

R. Mute posted:

here's my opinions!!

armenia: can't even remember her, poo poo
australia: good imo. very decent singer, esp in comparison to a lot of the other contestants.
austria: not bad. figured they'd do better.
azerbaijan: i liked the song but i feel like she wouldve done better if the whole horsehead thing made more sense
belarus: they came across as brother and sister and then they kissed. ew. bad song too. v generic
belgium: yay
bulgaria: looked like a ten year old, but the song was p good
croatia: charming, i guess, and the split singing was a nice gimmick but his attempts at singing low were pretty flat. should've just sang with his regular singing voice
cyprus: why did people vote for this
denmark: pretty girl, generic song, very denmark
france: so very france. they just never do well and deservedly so
germany: should've been last again, but spain made a strong case too
greece: again, why did people vote for this?
hungary: boring bad """"rap""""
israel: didn't they send these wankers last year?
italy: whyyyyy. why did people vote for the dancing gorilla and the walking stereotype?
moldova: knew this was gonna be popular. good hook, but too transparently taking the easy route
netherlands: was my jam. yeah.
norway: eh. pretty okay.
poland: can't remember
portugal: can go gently caress itself
romania: ugh.
spain: bad.
sweden: man gently caress sweden. loving justin timberlake wannabe
ukraine: should've just done another 'we hate russia' song
uk: surprisingly not poo poo

please don't drink alcohol h unsupervised

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/thekarami/status/863415752090501121

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Furnaceface posted:

I would be proud to know we are exporting heart attacks in food form to other countries. :canada:

A brewpub I've been to before makes "Vladimir Poutine", which they describe as fries "topped with potato & cheese pierogi, Wisconsin cheddar cheese curds, stout caramelized onions & hickory smoked bacon smothered in spicy sausage gravy".

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

stone cold posted:

mute out of curiousity how drunk are the Belgian commentators

because the american ladies on logo sounded pretty drunk, and graham norton sounded like he'd had a few too
unlike me last night, the flemish commentator was sober, i think. he was very graham norton-esque tho. very mean. it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

looks like steam summer sale might go on for two weeks starting june 22

• Locked thread