Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

He's won rings and plays in NY. If he had won two rings and played in Tennesse he'd be bubble, but Eli's an immortal lock.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got in before TO.

"going to be" and "deserve" are different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He deserves to be in the hall for ruining the patriots perfect season alone, let alone the other title.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tarbrush posted:

He deserves to be in the hall for ruining the patriots perfect season alone, let alone the other title.

I hate Eli but I agree with this. Hell, he could have retired after the first championship and still been a no brainer HoF pick in my book.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Metapod posted:

Sam Bradford elite qb

yeah wtf, bradford #1 in 16+ and 20+

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

just once in my life I want to see a quarterback tackle the person who picked them off and then beat the poo poo out of them

Not quite the same, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5STc2_bM7k

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

just once in my life I want to see a quarterback tackle the person who picked them off and then beat the poo poo out of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQoQsvut0DA

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqHSoWWNF3A&t=8s

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I know lol PFF but still

So glad we let this idiot walk. Good job Chargers

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Never fear Ross, Tre Boston's here!

We're so boned lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

New helmets this season: https://www.inc.com/kevin-j-ryan/25-nfl-teams-will-wear-soft-vicis-helmet.html

quote:

Seattle-based startup Vicis has been working since 2013 on a new type of football helmet that's designed to yield on contact. The result is a thud sound, instead of the violent crack players and fans are used to hearing. The softer impact means less trauma to the head, and the theory is that this will reduce the likelihood of brain injuries or concussions.

quote:

Last week, the NFL released the results of its annual lab tests that study which helmets best reduce the severity of impact to the head. Of the 33 helmets the NFL tested, the Zero1 finished first--beating out 23 helmets from Riddell and Schutt Sports, two companies that currently account for a combined 90 percent of all football helmet sales.

Results: https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/resource/helmet-laboratory-testing-performance-results/

edit: linked for huge, but the difference is quite visible

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 14, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Inelastic vs elastic collisions. Basically you want to make a collision as inelastic as possible, so as much energy as possible is dissipated in it. Racing (yeah I'm making yet another racing ref) realized this and created SAFER barriers, which prevent the cars from bouncing back into traffic when they hit the wall. It's also why road cars today crumple instead of bouncing. One of the biggest advantages is it's better for the driver (and passengers), as in less chance of injury.

Also, probably the thing that caught my eye the most:

quote:

Vicis was founded four years ago by neurosurgeon Sam Browd, engineering professor Per Reinhall, and Dave Marver, former CEO of the Cardiac Science Corporation.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Metapod posted:

Sam Bradford elite qb
Some one claiming that THIS is the year that Sam Bradford finally becomes a top QB is like picking the Jaguars to make the playoffs. There's always some one who thinks it will happen, but it never does.
Man, it's only halfway through May and we're already here?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If you were playing vs Sam would you defend the long ball?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Bradford really could've been a great QB if he hadn't been Alex Smith'd early in his career.

That and, well, the exploding knees. I'm genuinely surprised he survived last season with how bad the Vikings' o-line was.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Some one claiming that THIS is the year that Sam Bradford finally becomes a top QB is like picking the Jaguars to make the playoffs. There's always some one who thinks it will happen, but it never does.
Man, it's only halfway through May and we're already here?

Did you click the link in the quote

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/863924204755980288

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Can't wait to see the O/U on how many times he's caught staring at her feet on camera.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

cmonnnn cutler/gruden!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This owns

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Rex Ryan as a broadcaster is in my top 5 things i'm most excited for in the 2017 NFL season.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raku posted:

cmonnnn cutler/gruden!

Give me a three-way of Cutler/Gruden with Rex as sideline reporter

Oh yes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That's gonna be a loving trainwreck. Bring it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Rex is going to ask her to make him a sandwich in a totally earnest polite manner not out of any sense of sexism and he will be fired.

He'd die calling Panthers games eating a constantly replenished pile of Bojangles. This is what I really want.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Chilichimp posted:

It will still be better than the usual Berman/Dilfer in the double header spot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm really kind of excited about Rex in the booth. I hope he can moderate his language enough for TV but still keep his excitement about football things.

Alternately I hope he can't moderate his language at all and the broadcast is a string of beeps.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Dilfer repeatedly screaming "YOU CAN'T DRIVE A FERRARI LIKE A PRIUS" has been forever burned into my brain

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Lol what lovely teams are gonna get stuck in that time... slot....

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eli Wiggum posted:

Dilfer repeatedly screaming "YOU CAN'T DRIVE A FERRARI LIKE A PRIUS" has been forever burned into my brain

No one tell him about the LaFerrari.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

isn't beth mowins really bad at calling football

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

Lol what lovely teams are gonna get stuck in that time... slot....
:shepface::hf::shepface:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

isn't beth mowins really bad at calling football

She's terrible.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Who the gently caress is Beth Mowins?

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This will be Rex Ryan's opening line of the game

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I've never heard of her either, so I imagine the vast majority of people also haven't

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tyrod Taylor getting the rawest deal in football this side of Colin Kaepernick. From the Bills new, non-Doug Whaley GM:

quote:

Well, you know, listen I'm new here. I met Tyrod the other day. Obviously I’ve seen Tyrod on film. If we walked out there today I would say Tyrod’s probably the starter. But we haven’t even gone through OTAs. You know we got the young guy (Nathan) Peterman, I thought he did some nice things this weekend at the minicamp. Cardale Jones has huge arm and talent. I don't know anything about him personally. TJ Yates has done some starting in his career, so there are some guys on the roster. I am for open competition.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

fsif posted:

Tyrod Taylor getting the rawest deal in football this side of Colin Kaepernick. From the Bills new, non-Doug Whaley GM:

What the gently caress is wrong with the Buffalo Bills??? Tyrod could easily leave for a nice contract on a non-poo poo team (see Denver).

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My bet is he just has the nastiest cabbage farts, there's no other explanation.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

John Brown posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with the Buffalo Bills??? Tyrod could easily leave for a nice contract on a non-poo poo team (see Denver).

Based on his decision to take a mega pay cut to stay in Buffalo, I don't actually think there IS much a market for him. Meanwhile, Mike Glennon got $15 million, Blake Bortles is the uncontested starter, and Blaine Gabbert is once again employed.

(And before anyone says, “yeah, but Mike Glennon's contract allows him to be easily cut next year”, so does Tyrod's.)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
gtbwqb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dexo posted:

gtbwqb

Very difficult to believe this all has nothing to do with Taylor and Kaepernick being so...athletic, and Kaepernick being so...uppity.

• Locked thread