Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did Keith Richards turn them down or something?

I don't know, but he returned for the 4th movie.

Maybe McCartney is just doing this to cross-promote the new iTunes remaster of Sgt Pepper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

Pirates Of The Caribbean But Every Time A Ship Tries To Sail They Get Swarmed By Bees.

It's a huge crisis in a seafaring society.

The Pirates are getting sued, and no one can defeat them because they have no legal training. Then Jack Sparrow reveals a surprising secret from his past...

If you think about it pirates are really sovereign sea citizens.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tars Tarkas posted:

Hey, he was already married to a woman with a peg leg

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I'm not usually one to wish for the failure of a large enterprise, but I hope Pirates 5 bombs and Depp goes broke.

However, I'm also eagerly awaiting Transformers 5, so you may not want to trust my opinions on things.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm not usually one to wish for the failure of a large enterprise, but I hope Pirates 5 bombs and Depp goes broke.

However, I'm also eagerly awaiting Transformers 5, so you may not want to trust my opinions on things.

On one hand, Pirates 5 has Geoffrey Rush again in addition to Javier Bardem playing a cool-looking ghost.

On the other hand, Transformers 5 has Anthony Hopkins, robots helping King Arthur and Merlin, Bumblebee vs Nazis, Optimus Prime as a villain, and the Earth getting eaten. Edit: It has robot John Goodman again.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 14, 2017

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I want to see the new transformers only because it looks so stupid, like the fun type of stupid.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i haven't watched most of the transformers movies, why did they make optimus prime a bad guy in them?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Maybe Bay saw the transformer movie and that scene where deceptacon were fighting over scraps of energon cubes like dogs while the autobots' plot was about a prince struggling if he could be as good a king as his father, and thought this is hosed up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Femur posted:

Maybe Bay saw the transformer movie and that scene where deceptacon were fighting over scraps of energon cubes like dogs while the autobots' plot was about a prince struggling if he could be as good a king as his father, and thought this is hosed up.

Speaking of the animated movie, guess which character they're introducing in the new film ...

https://twitter.com/transformers/status/844580706940469248

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
And the most hilarious thing is he's got a Scottish accent like an older man so I doubt he's gonna take Primes place

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Chairman Capone posted:

The droid revolutionary will think he is Darth Vader reincarnated in a droid body and scoff at Kylo Ren for focusing only on Vader's aesthetics and not an in-depth analysis of the his economic message. I like this idea more and more.

His name is I-12-B and his owners call him Eye-Twelve-Bee and then there's a big climactic scene where he renames himself Eye-One-Two-Bee and then later he goes outright messianic and renames himself again I-Am, forsaking droid naming conventions all together.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gatts posted:

And the most hilarious thing is he's got a Scottish accent like an older man so I doubt he's gonna take Primes place

poo poo, I hadn't seen that clip before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLA8NpMpDHk

That is a weeeeird Scottish accent

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Groovelord Neato posted:

i haven't watched most of the transformers movies, why did they make optimus prime a bad guy in them?
Because Bay hates everyone's childhood

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's just bizarre seeing these trailers and prime is this angry monster when i still remember the line of his from way back when: "freedom is the right of all sentient beings".

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

Because people complained Prime wasn't a badass and got his rear end handed to him easily by Megatron in the first. Like the first was more of a traditional heroic autobots narrative then it's like Bay went "Okay I'm going to give you what you want." and mocked everything.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's just bizarre seeing these trailers and prime is this angry monster when i still remember the line of his from way back when: "freedom is the right of all sentient beings".

Meh, Prime was an rear end in a top hat who lies constantly to his human allies in order to oppress the Decepticons since the first Michael Bay movie. Him becoming the outright villain in the new one is just the natural extension of his character arc.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

CelticPredator posted:

I wasn't joking. I own this, which is a "custom" limited run bootleg toy.

Did anyone mention Dredd got greenlit for a tv series? If not, well :cool:

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0rnAkekOs

"Honor to the end", he says after literally stabbing Lockdown in the back

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Skwirl posted:

Meh, Prime was an rear end in a top hat who lies constantly to his human allies in order to oppress the Decepticons since the first Michael Bay movie. Him becoming the outright villain in the new one is just the natural extension of his character arc.

The best was in the last one as he's punching Grimlock in the head shouting "I'm trying to free you! Work for me or I'll kill you!"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Skwirl posted:

my question was why would they do that. it's like if they made luke skywalker a sith lord in force awakens.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Groovelord Neato posted:

my question was why would they do that. it's like if they made luke skywalker a sith lord in force awakens.

But if you pretend the new movie is "A New Hope" and the previous ones were the Star Wars prequels, just this time shot in chronological order, it makes sense.

I don't remember Luke Skywalker ever saying "Give me your face" then tearing off Vader's face, but Anakin slaughtered an entire village of Sand People for killing his mom.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

optimus prime was a character i knew as a child was my point.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

optimus prime was a character i knew as a child was my point.

Jim Phelps is the bad guy in the first Mission Impossible film.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
While we're talking about old Transformers I just wanna say this scene is hardcore as gently caress.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Jim Phelps is the bad guy in the first Mission Impossible film.

do you think i'm 60 years old.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

While we're talking about old Transformers I just wanna say this scene is hardcore as gently caress.

the fight between megatron and optimus is good as hell.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The advantage of Bayformers looking completely different is I don't associate them with their classic characters so that Optimus going heel is no big deal because he isn't the "real" Optimus, it's this Optimus who has had no problem murdering Decepticons since the first movie. Likewise, IDW's Transformers series are close enough to the original that I can associate them with the same characters, so Megatron who has abandoned the Decepticon cause and Prime declaring Earth a Cybertronian colony to protect it from Decepticon aggression while becoming an enemy of Earth in doing so is perfectly acceptable and even grows organically from the original characters even if they aren't technically the "real" ones.

Also Johnny Depp will play alleged nutso murderer John McAfee in a new film called King of the Jungle

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/johnny-depp-comedy-king-of-the-jungle-1202426466/

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, if this is what it's looking like, and all the callous stuff Prime did in previous movies wasn't just action movie badassery but a setup to him going evil... then bravo, Michael Bay. That's actually clever.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Prime is clearly being mind controlled. It's not character development.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CelticPredator posted:

Prime is clearly being mind controlled. It's not character development.

They're probably pulling a Fate of the Furious and he's turning his back on family for similar reasons as Dominic Toretto

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tars Tarkas posted:

The advantage of Bayformers looking completely different is I don't associate them with their classic characters so that Optimus going heel is no big deal because he isn't the "real" Optimus, it's this Optimus who has had no problem murdering Decepticons since the first movie. Likewise, IDW's Transformers series are close enough to the original that I can associate them with the same characters, so Megatron who has abandoned the Decepticon cause and Prime declaring Earth a Cybertronian colony to protect it from Decepticon aggression while becoming an enemy of Earth in doing so is perfectly acceptable and even grows organically from the original characters even if they aren't technically the "real" ones.

Also Johnny Depp will play alleged nutso murderer John McAfee in a new film called King of the Jungle

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/johnny-depp-comedy-king-of-the-jungle-1202426466/

Holy poo poo the guy who made mcafee antivirus went Heart of Darkness? Niiice

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

got any sevens posted:

Holy poo poo the guy who made mcafee antivirus went Heart of Darkness? Niiice

Yeah he's kind of... Gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ywgxbGEZ8

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

King Arthur made $14 mil domestic this weekend on a $175 mil budget (I think that is not counting marketing).

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FlamingLiberal posted:

King Arthur made $14 mil domestic this weekend on a $175 mil budget (I think that is not counting marketing).

Rip guy richie :(

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hollywood studios should probably stop casting Charlie Hunnam and Sam Worthington in anything.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Gonz posted:

Hollywood studios should probably stop casting Charlie Hunnam and Sam Worthington in anything.

Didn't they stop after I wanna say Terminator Salvation?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

got any sevens posted:

Rip guy richie :(

Say what you will about the man, and boy he's made some bad decisions but I watched Snatch about 20 times on repeat with a work friend in between Mickey's hand grenades, apartment pool, bowls and the Bruce Lee marathon on Spike and could quote it for years later. His gf (now wife) was really pissed about the late charges we accrued at blockbuster but I still think he made the right choice.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

It was kind of a mess but I liked it. One of it's bigger missteps was pushing the franchise angle too hard. They planned something like 6 sequels which probably won't happen now. I was happy to see they got Tom Wu but then they didn't have him do much.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gonz posted:

Supposedly Hunnam is great in The Lost City of Z.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

It was kind of a mess but I liked it. One of it's bigger missteps was pushing the franchise angle too hard. They planned something like 6 sequels which probably won't happen now. I was happy to see they got Tom Wu but then they didn't have him do much.

6 Sequels? loving hell. I can never quite understand the optimism behind decisions like that. I mean, how many movie series even have 7 entries? And of that, how many have any prestige and respect left after the, I don't know, 4th movie?

Antoine Fuqua's King Arthur is a funny one with regards to franchising. It's marketed like the set up to a new franchise, but has no sequel hook and half the knights are dead by the end. Man, that's a weird movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Supposedly Hunnam is great in The Lost City of Z.
He was good in Pacific Rim and Crimson Peak. This last movie's failure isn't his fault. Worthington is bland and got cast in a bunch of bad movies.

• Locked thread