Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

HyperPuma posted:

anyone tried super mario world yet?

Yes, it is very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Virtual Console.... WHEN NINTENDO?

WHEN?!?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

mango sentinel posted:

No, this was made by Saber Interactive's B-team while the A-Team is working on Quake Champions, and distributed by some company I've never heard of.
It has nothing to do with the Jam legacy aside from swiping the style.

Ah, okay.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Virtual Console.... WHEN NINTENDO?

WHEN?!?

Virtual Console is out.

On the Wii U.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Play it on the 3DS

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The switch is actually just a new controller for the WiiU.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HyperPuma posted:

anyone tried super mario world yet?

Yeah in 1991 :rolleyes:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i wasn't even born yet

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Mega64 posted:

Virtual Console is out.

On the Wii U.

It took them like 2 years to get earthbound on Wii U virtual console then they charged 9.99 for it instead of the standard 7.99 for all other snes games.

lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

You bought it

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I never played earthbound is it good?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Played it for the first time a bit over a year ago. It's very good.

I wouldn't recommend you play Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings, though.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

A Proper Uppercut posted:

How do I not suck so hard at Tetris. My record in online play like 2-30. I'm still having fun but I always lose.

In the long run: four wides and t-spins dominate. Lengthy combos absolutely drown the opponent in garbage, way more than tetrises, and t-spin doubles give you the power of a tetris in half the package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MN5bi_EVsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBVuKR1MgFE

In the nearer term, get used to hard-dropping and using the swap piece. Keep an eye on the NEXT box

Note: I am poo poo at planning but okay at dropping things fast.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Each of the entries is a bit of a mess in its own way but at the same time they're also pretty fun and creative. I'd recommend giving the series a try.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I recommend getting Mother 3/Earthbound Omega when it launches along with the Switch VC though.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

How long do your switches last playing botw? I'm getting 2.5 hours roughly with auto brightness.

I always underestimate how good this game is and but then play until the low battery warning goes off.... and then plug it in to charge at the last moment.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Dugong posted:

How long do your switches last playing botw? I'm getting 2.5 hours roughly with auto brightness.

I always underestimate how good this game is and but then play until the low battery warning goes off.... and then plug it in to charge at the last moment.

I get 6.9 hours in botw hand held.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
About same, give or take 30 minutes. I usually play with zero brightness too. I'd say Mario Kart lasts about same too, which means just running 720p 3D graphics is taxing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's been two months.

Breath of the Wild is still my favorite game of all time. Nearly everything about it is perfect.

I saw some hate for BotW and just wanted to chim in that no, it's still a fantastic game that I wish I could go back in time and forget everything I did so that I could play it fresh again.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

nice

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ah yes the sex number

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Kirios posted:

It's been two months.

Breath of the Wild is still my favorite game of all time. Nearly everything about it is perfect.

I saw some hate for BotW and just wanted to chim in that no, it's still a fantastic game that I wish I could go back in time and forget everything I did so that I could play it fresh again.

:same:

Finished Blaster Master Zero with the good ending in one sitting, great game. Has-Been Heroes is next!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I'm hoping BotW gets a Majora's Mask style follow up, although the mask mechanic is the key item mechanic taken to its logical conclusion. I genuinely order MM to OoT, though and it would be hard to top BotW if they kept everything in the same vein.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mega64 posted:

I recommend getting Mother 3/Earthbound Omega when it launches along with the Switch VC though.
Is that the official Nintendo-provided English name? That's dumb.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh man, if you're feeling like hating on Breath of the Wild, check out GameXplains 40 minute whinge session on it.

https://youtu.be/Oet192Xr5_E

Also, Breath of the Wild is great, and I hope they expand on the game they same way they expanded on OoT, minus the increasing linearity.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh man, if you're feeling like hating on Breath of the Wild, check out GameXplains 40 minute whinge session on it.

https://youtu.be/Oet192Xr5_E

Also, Breath of the Wild is great, and I hope they expand on the game they same way they expanded on OoT, minus the increasing linearity.

Linearity is cool and good, though.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Patter Song posted:

In not Zelda games this is true. In Zelda games this was plainly choking the series into a set of check boxes that were trivial to complete and super predictable. Change is good, don't hate it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm actually borrowing my brother's Switch copy of BotW right now to see if I like it more in portable form. We'll see.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

LethalGeek posted:

In not Zelda games this is true. In Zelda games this was plainly choking the series into a set of check boxes that were trivial to complete and super predictable. Change is good, don't hate it.

Change is only good if what is replacing something is better than what that thing was before. This is not true of Breath of the Wild.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Not the way the later games did it, clamping down on even the few choices OoT gave you.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I think my issue with prior 3D Zeldas was that there were linear requirements in open world settings. I just find it tedious being told I have to get a specific point but only being given vague words. I liked Link to the Past/ Worlds because the world was easy and fun to traverse and markers told you where to go but not specifically how to get to them. Worlds cross-world puzzles were also great.

In BotW I am getting rewarded for exploring and also I also know where to go to progress the story if I want to. Also yes it's me, I'm the guy that didn't like sailing in Wind Walker.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Patter Song posted:

I liked Skyward Sword too

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Patter Song posted:

Change is only good if what is replacing something is better than what that thing was before. This is not true of Breath of the Wild.

Everybody else loves it and it's the future for 3d Zelda game design.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Chronojam posted:

Everybody else loves it and it's the future for 3d Zelda game design.

I've gathered as much. I guess I'm just coming to terms with Zelda maybe not being the series for me from here on out. This game stripped away basically everything I actually liked in the series.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kirios posted:

It's been two months.

I dunno if you're lumping my posts in with Breath of the Wild hate but I really love it too and am still enjoying it. It's cool if you think it's perfect but I also like to talk about the things I'm not keen on and why I think they could be better. Generally I have to like a game to even bother thinking about it to that degree because otherwise it's not worth the time.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Breath of the wild is insanely good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Patter Song posted:

I've gathered as much. I guess I'm just coming to terms with Zelda maybe not being the series for me from here on out. This game stripped away basically everything I actually liked in the series.

Settle down

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Patter Song posted:

this is where we disagree

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Patter Song posted:

The future is now old man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My ideal Zelda game would be Breath of the Wild but with 8 divine beasts and/or more of the shrines that have longer progression like the fire one or the "knock doors open" one. I like puzzle design that builds on each other or around a core concept (which the beasts and those longer puzzles do).

• Locked thread