Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

its either fruit rear end or you die from Oxidation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

introducing iPad with Buttplug
now completely fruit-proof

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cinci zoo sniper posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if a grown man, with practically unlimited capital, and access to literally the best healthcare available anywhere on earth in all of human history decides his best course of treatment is to stick a durian up his rear end to realign his chakras, who am i to argue?

it's his decision and no one else

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the one product that could have saved stebe

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

infernal machines posted:

if a grown man, with practically unlimited capital, and access to literally the best healthcare available anywhere on earth in all of human history decides his best course of treatment is to stick a durian up his rear end to realign his chakras, who am i to argue?

it's his decision and no one else

:agreed:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Stymie posted:

if you want to oversimplify my position, "have some goddamn compassion" is more accurate

please, wont someone have compassion for steve jobs??

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I can see the differences between seeking various levels of treatment from "as much as humanly possible" to pain management to flat out nothing- but if you're going to choose treatment and have unlimited money I'd stick with something medically sound and fruit juice up the butt isn't.

I'm more on the "never give up" side of things since I have a few people in my life who have beaten cancer diagnoses that were about as bad as you can get (one had her kidney become a 9-pound tumor, and the cancer was in basically everything but the brain...complete remission).

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

bump_fn posted:

someone never got laid in high school
eek barba durkel

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
how about shoving durian paste up your butt hole but, now hear me out, also using your ungodly amount of money to get the real deal cancer treatment.

I fully support Stebes right to shove mangos in his rear end but I reserve the right to make fun of him for dying because he thinks it cures cancer lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
every time someone makes a call from an iPhone to an android I wish the android would do a ring back tone that says "Steve Jobs died of cancer because he thought putting fruit up his rear end would fix it" on repeat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
other than the end result of timb putting apple into a terminal velocity tailspin why does it matter to you what healthcare choices steve jobs made?

the usual lol @ hubris schadenfreude?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
my mom also decided to put off conventional treatment for her cancer in favor of alternative treatments including vitamins and juices despite our pleading. then when she relented and did the conventional treatment it was too late and she died.

my dad immediately followed every course of conventional treatment that the doctors recommended, ten rounds of chemotherapy and other agonist drugs and an experimental antibody procedure. he still died just about a year after diagnosis.

the lesson to learn is that you will die of cancer sooner or later so who gives a gently caress what you do when you get it. enjoy your life now and quit moaning about the future.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I fully support Stebes right to shove mangos in his rear end but I reserve the right to make fun of him for dying because he thinks it cures cancer lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

the lesson to learn is that you will die of cancer sooner or later so who gives a gently caress what you do when you get it. enjoy your life now and quit moaning about the future.

i believe this was also stymie's point.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
the good news is timb is holding personal fundraisers for paul ryan to make sure everyone can only afford the fruit treatment

kind of amazing stebe ended up being the kind ceo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

my mom also decided to put off conventional treatment for her cancer in favor of alternative treatments including vitamins and juices despite our pleading. then when she relented and did the conventional treatment it was too late and she died.

my dad immediately followed every course of conventional treatment that the doctors recommended, ten rounds of chemotherapy and other agonist drugs and an experimental antibody procedure. he still died just about a year after diagnosis.

stebes traditional treatment wasn't severe and had a high likelihood of success

whoops

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

stebes traditional treatment wasn't severe and had a high likelihood of success

whoops

:waycool: the more you know

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
there's some maybe apocryphal story about stebe's doctor crying when he got the lab results back, because pancreatic cancer is nearly always rapidly fatal, but stebe was extraordinarily lucky and had a variant that only occurs like 2 times in 100 and is highly treatable

then he did juices and yoga instead

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
here's a fun fact: we know fuckall about the type of cancer steve had, or if it is even factual that he could have been treated with a high rate of success

cancer is a motherfucker, even if it is one of the "easier" kinds to treat, and it's pretty loving assholish to laugh at someone if they choose not to undergo the types of treatment required, particularly given their litany of side effects and impact on quality of life

if you're comfortable being the kind of rear end in a top hat that laughs at sick people because they are not golden gods of Logic and Reason that your healthy rear end may be then make peace with being an rear end in a top hat and don't get salty when someone tells you you're an rear end in a top hat

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
we DO know it wasn't the type of cancer that can be cured via assfruit

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
did he really put the fruit up his rear end i thought he just ate a lot of fruit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Pissflaps posted:

did he really put the fruit up his rear end i thought he just ate a lot of fruit

neither method is particularly effective iirc

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

we DO know it wasn't the type of cancer that can be cured via assfruit

we further do know it wasn't the type of cancer that could be cured through any other means, so why be an rear end in a top hat about it?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Stymie posted:

we further do know it wasn't the type of cancer that could be cured through any other means, so why be an rear end in a top hat about it?

fake news

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Stymie posted:

because yospos' raison d'etre is laughing at the hubris of technocrats

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

quote:

When he eventually agreed to treatment, Mr Jobs went to great expense to ensure that he was given the most pioneering work available, Isaacson writes, having his DNA sequenced for $100,000 (£62,000).

Isaacson, who interviewed Mr Jobs more than 40 times over two years, states that this allowed Mr Jobs's doctors to tailor his drugs to target defective molecular pathways in his body. But eventual surgery revealed that the cancer had spread to tissue surrounding his pancreas.

lol owned

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

because yospos' raison d'etre is laughing at the hubris of technocrats

it's one thing to laugh at zuckerberg running for president or palmer luckey stealing vr tech, it's another thing to mock someone for their personal medical decisions

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Stymie posted:

it's one thing to laugh at zuckerberg running for president or palmer luckey stealing vr tech, it's another thing to mock someone for their personal medical decisions

actually the latter is way better because the ownage is limited to the hubristic dumbass responsible for the situation instead of the entire country!

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

and yet he died anyway

what a fool, trying all options available to him and still succumbing to a disease

i know i'm too smart to get sick

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
did he puree the fruit first or did it go in whole?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

actually the latter is way better because the ownage is limited to the hubristic dumbass responsible for the situation instead of the entire country!

gosh it's almost as if it's acceptable to mock someone for their acts that could harm others, but pretty assholish to mock someone when they are the only ones affected by their choices

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Stymie posted:

and yet he died anyway

what a fool, trying all options available to him and still succumbing to a disease

i know i'm too smart to get sick

sorry dude but "man with unlimited resources and access tries to cure cancer with fruit" is insanely lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Stymie posted:

gosh it's almost as if it's acceptable to mock someone for their acts that could harm others, but pretty assholish to mock someone when they are the only ones affected by their choices

just like stebe you have your approaches reversed

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

sorry dude but "man with unlimited resources and access tries to cure cancer with fruit" is insanely lol

it's actually "man with unlimited resources used those unlimited resources and died anyway", but that's okay he had hubris

unlike you, the person with flawless reasoning at all times in all circumstances

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

stymie Is Right

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I don't think "listen to anyone with any knowledge on the subject" is tough for anyone except the extremely narcissistic so it's funny when those people get owned hard.

it's also pretty lol that you're getting at me for claiming I'm a dude who thinks he always has the right answer for every situation by defending a guy and who literally got himself killed by thinking exactly that hahaahah

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I don't think "listen to anyone with any knowledge on the subject" is tough for anyone except the extremely narcissistic so it's funny when those people get owned hard.

it's also pretty lol that you're getting at me for claiming I'm a dude who thinks he always has the right answer for every situation by defending a guy and who literally got himself killed by thinking exactly that hahaahah

but here's the thing: you have no idea what he was told, except through multiple third hand accounts and personally i'm not so full of myself as to assume i have all the facts

and it is pretty loving hubristic for judging someone when maybe, just maybe, they made an imperfect judgement call that may have been motivated by emotion (such as fear or denial) rather than the cold light of Reason that you evidently possess in abundance

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

Stymie posted:

when they are the only ones affected by their choices

the CEO of what was then the world's most profitable company (probably) is a pretty bad example of "they are the only ones affected by their choices", especially given the direction his successor is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

There Will Be Penalty posted:

the CEO of what was then the world's most profitable company (probably) is a pretty bad example of "they are the only ones affected by their choices", especially given the direction his successor is going.

he wasn't a pharaoh, apple didn't get buried with him when he died

at least not literally, but tim would still be running the company into the ground if he had gotten hit by a truck instead

• Locked thread