Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Lobster God posted:

Tell me more

Do you have a car?

E;1095 First Crusade invents the club 18-30 visit the Med. and disrespect it's locals holiday package.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also you can't be an "anti-[x]" quisling, quisling collaborated with the nazis, not against something, you historically deficient idiot.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

TheRat posted:

How about you go gently caress yourself you thundercunt?

"haha we should disband NATO and leave Eastern Europe open to be sucked into Russia's sphere of influence"

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

"haha we should disband NATO and leave Eastern Europe open to be sucked into Russia's sphere of influence"

Or we could have a defence pact lead by the EU which isn't a front for US interests.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

OwlFancier posted:

Also you can't be an "anti-[x]" quisling, quisling collaborated with the nazis, not against something, you historically deficient idiot.

They're collaborating with Putin.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
So what's wrong with John McDonnell and why does no one mention him when discussing the next labour leader? Just damaged goods from being deputy to Corbyn?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Yes

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Or we could have a defence pact lead by the EU which isn't a front for US interests.

We should be involved in a front for German interests instead!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

So what's wrong with John McDonnell and why does no one mention him when discussing the next labour leader? Just damaged goods from being deputy to Corbyn?

Yeah him, Abbott and to a lesser extent Thornberry are all bound together. They'll all have to go back to the back benches after the election.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Cos getting sucked into the US's sphere of influence is so much better.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

Lord of the Llamas posted:

U.S. Interests are European interests. NATO has single handily saved Europe from Soviet domination, and now they are saving it from Russian Hegemony. A pan EU Army would be doomed to fail. Few of the members have the funds, or the martial spirit needed to defend themselves. It would be a disorganized, underfunded, and leaderless force that would capitulate to Russian power in under a year.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

EmptyVessel posted:

Cos getting sucked into the US's sphere of influence is so much better.

Unequivocally better yes.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Unequivocally better yes.

gently caress off (stage left pursued by Russian bear).

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Evil_Urna posted:

U.S. Interests are European interests. NATO has single handily saved Europe from Soviet domination, and now they are saving it from Russian Hegemony. A pan EU Army would be doomed to fail. Few of the members have the funds, or the martial spirit needed to defend themselves. It would be a disorganized, underfunded, and leaderless force that would capitulate to Russian power in under a year.

I feel like the most appropriate response to this post is to state that you're a loving idiot.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah him, Abbott and to a lesser extent Thornberry are all bound together. They'll all have to go back to the back benches after the election.

I hope he at least contests for it. He seems like the best candidate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Evil_Urna posted:

Holy poo poo an actual "US is the defender of the planet" person.

Quickly someone get the ether and the comically oversized pin. Got to preserve it for future generations to look and laugh at.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
You can release the best policy manifesto in the world, but if normal people know deep down that you're one of those crazed anti-americans that is happy to sidle up to Iran or be a quisling for Russia then you aren't going to win the election.

Once people get a whiff of that stink, there's nothing you can say to change their minds. You can't talk someone into eating a piece of rotten meat.

It was a tragically foolish mistake to pick corbyn as the leader of the labour party.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because there's a lot to love about America with the orange pissbaby in charge of it isn't there.

God I would sure love to be friends with that idiot.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

OwlFancier posted:

Because there's a lot to love about America with the orange pissbaby in charge of it isn't there.

The worst fears of the drumpfenreich, like betraying NATO, turned out to be him just running his mouth during the election thank God.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

OwlFancier posted:

Also of note is that Trump won while calling America shithouse and decrying the wastefulness of American military adventurism (while also saying it needed to spend more on defence).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

hakimashou posted:

The worst fears of the drumpfenreich, like betraying NATO, turned out to be him just running his mouth during the election thank God.

lol that that's the thing you were most worried about.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

OwlFancier posted:

lol that that's the thing you were most worried about.

Yeah we've survived plenty of lovely republican presidents, but a quisling president would have been something new and terrifying.

If the democratic party somehow nominated someone so debased, it's just about the only circumstance I could ever see myself voting for a republican or sitting the election out.

If I were british I'd be unable to bring myself to vote for labour under someone like corbyn after seeing his true colors.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Decrying NATO is endorsing Trumpism, not fighting it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Yes, just imagine if the US president was scared of having secret piss tapes made public by a long time rival on the world stage. Why I can't imagine a term that might describe the sort of behaviour that one might see from such a president.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Decrying NATO is endorsing Trumpism, not fighting it.

A professed dislike of interventionism is not the problem with "trumpism" and is actually a good thing, if it were only backed up by action.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Pissflaps and hakimashou are both super cunts but i'm still gonna have to side with them. While Russia exists and is being Russian, NATO has a purpose. Anyone who thinks the world would be safe without America and/or Nato, while still allowing Russia to exist, is a dickhead.

Like if you remove the US and Russia at the same time, then you might have a point. But both countries continue to exist. Russia is ascendant and expansionist. We need NATO.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
People who think NATO is bad: Trump, Putin, Corbyn.

Hmm.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Definitely the only 3.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Louise Mensch is fighting her solicitor on twitter.

https://twitter.com/grabmybutstick/status/863598777680015360

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Holy poo poo an actual "US is the defender of the planet" person.

Quickly someone get the ether and the comically oversized pin. Got to preserve it for future generations to look and laugh at.

Without the American military in Europe to calm things down, or her nuclear umbrella you would be staring down your fourth major war on the on the continent. Just because you want to winge at America and vote Labor does not make it any different. I would vote Tory everyday of the week if the choice for Labor would be a man like Corbyn who, besides being a communist, wants nothing more then the brick by brick destruction of everything the UK has built here and in Israel.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Evil_Urna posted:

Without the American military in Europe to calm things down, or her nuclear umbrella you would be staring down your fourth major war on the on the continent. Just because you want to winge at America and vote Labor does not make it any different. I would vote Tory everyday of the week if the choice for Labor would be a man like Corbyn who, besides being a communist, wants nothing more then the brick by brick destruction of everything the UK has built here and in Israel.

Don't stop I nearly have bingo!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Evil_Urna posted:

I want to take this post, frame it and use it as a hazard symbol.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also what was the third major war in Europe unless we're starting with Napoleon?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Also what was the third major war in Europe unless we're starting with Napoleon?

Roman conquest, duh

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Regarde Aduck posted:

Pissflaps and hakimashou are both super cunts but i'm still gonna have to side with them. While Russia exists and is being Russian, NATO has a purpose. Anyone who thinks the world would be safe without America and/or Nato, while still allowing Russia to exist, is a dickhead.

Like if you remove the US and Russia at the same time, then you might have a point. But both countries continue to exist. Russia is ascendant and expansionist. We need NATO.

Sure would suck if the world's dominant political and cultural force were a country of overly religious bigots led by a corrupt billionaire, with a history of undermining and overthrowing democratically elected governments abroad for its own financial gain, a shocking human rights record and policy of murdering its political opponents in other countries.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

TheRat posted:

Louise Mensch is fighting her solicitor on twitter.

https://twitter.com/grabmybutstick/status/863598777680015360
I don't understand what the tweets are talking about, can someone break it down?

Although it looks like the lawyer is being crazy unprofessional with his client here.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 15, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hoops posted:

I don't understand what the tweets are talking about, can someone break it down?

Read this tweet-chain to see how rambling mad she is
https://twitter.com/gabrielmalor/status/863602321443495936

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hoops posted:

Looks like she's going public with a story that there's some sort of warrant out for Trump, her solicitor is advising her to not do so until the story is verified, and she's saying that she knows best.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Don't stop I nearly have bingo!

Woah there man, you are coming dangerously close to some anti antisemitism here. I dont think that is at all necessary. I agree I kinda opened the door, but you should leave that kind of bigotry off this thread.

On the subject of NATO in Europe, who would lead this force? The UK and France are the only states with the experience and the Navy to put up any kind of defence. And thanks to Corbyn the UK is leaving the EU. So that leaves France, and they are teetering on the edge of a civil war there by some accounts. So who does that leave? Germany? They have not really fought any war since WWII, the Italians have the martial prowess of dairy cows and the nords would really not get involved too much. So who does that leave? Wouldn't it just be cheaper and easier to just pay our NATO dues and let America protect us as we have the last sixty years?

OwlFancier posted:

Without America and her nuclear weapons WWIII would have been Russia taking over all of Europe. WWVI would be the splintering of Europe after the fall of Communism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Criticism of Israeli state policy = antisemitism is the center square woooooooooo

• Locked thread