Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Yug posted:

loving owned him with this star wars knowledge dude

More like googled "leia mother quote" and copied it from the first result which was IMDB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sounds like her force sensitivity at work to me, checks out fine?

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

Sounds like her force sensitivity at work to me, checks out fine?

Nerd post:

So the dialogue where Leia says she remembers her mother, but that she died when Leia was "very young," means "I was a newborn so I didn't actually know her but somehow I have these visions of what she was like that I can't explain, lol maybe it's the Force!"

Luke says he has no memory of his mother and never knew her, so why would Luke not be able to use the Force to learn about his mother when he's 1000000% more attuned than Leia.

Much like the ubiquitous, powerful, influential Jedi suddenly being forgotten by everyone 20 years after the Republic falls, Occam's Razor points to Lucas being incompetent. He literally couldn't spend six hours watching the OT to buff up on the events and characters from his own film series.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The images were holo-recordings of Padme as a queen/senator.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

also to cover his rear end about yoda being obi wan's master in the original trilogy he made yoda teach a bunch of ""younglings"" at once doing something that was obviously improvised with a helmet on the millennium falcon lmao

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
According to canon, George Lucas sucks a huge donger and is a terrible writer and the prequels are a loving mess.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The prequels had some issues.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Andro Dunos posted:

Nerd post:

So the dialogue where Leia says she remembers her mother, but that she died when Leia was "very young," means "I was a newborn so I didn't actually know her but somehow I have these visions of what she was like that I can't explain, lol maybe it's the Force!"

Luke says he has no memory of his mother and never knew her, so why would Luke not be able to use the Force to learn about his mother when he's 1000000% more attuned than Leia.

Much like the ubiquitous, powerful, influential Jedi suddenly being forgotten by everyone 20 years after the Republic falls, Occam's Razor points to Lucas being incompetent. He literally couldn't spend six hours watching the OT to buff up on the events and characters from his own film series.

Something something Luke is the physical/action part of the force and Leia is the emotional/feelngs part or whatever. Just make up your own little justification who cares?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

According to canon, George Lucas sucks a huge donger and is a terrible writer and the prequels are a loving mess.

A dick Holster perhaps?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's great disney killed the terrible eu to make their own even worse eu.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It is all true. What happened in the prequels actually happened in real life. You can't deny it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

It is all true. What happened in the prequels actually happened in real life. You can't deny it.

I mean, it's in a galaxy far far away, so how the hell can you know for sure?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Paladinus posted:

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

FuturePastNow posted:

Let's see what the wookiepedia says

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wuher/Legends

the EU deserved its fate

Wuher was born on a planet who's single culture was devoted to the brewing and dispensing of drinks. Bartenders from Bartenda (an entire planet that looks like downtown Chicago) follow a variety of bartender-based philosophies. Wuher believed that every person had their own unique 'perfect drink.'

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A planet where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'd say I'm gonna be in the minority on this one but I really enjoyed Alien Covenant.

The action scenes are very cool and it's got AMAZING production design. The dialogue is pretty muck and there is an AMAZINGLY hammy scene involving Fassbender and a flute.
It's got some seriously creepy horror movie stuff and it's genuinely bonkers.

I HATED Prometheus and I didn't think much of the Martian so I was shocked at how much I liked this.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Disney should reboot the prequels.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Disney should reboot the prequels.

I truly wish they would do this as there is no way they would be any worse than the prequels. They would get a unanimous pass from everyone to do it.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'd say I'm gonna be in the minority on this one but I really enjoyed Alien Covenant.

The action scenes are very cool and it's got AMAZING production design. The dialogue is pretty muck and there is an AMAZINGLY hammy scene involving Fassbender and a flute.
It's got some seriously creepy horror movie stuff and it's genuinely bonkers.

I HATED Prometheus and I didn't think much of the Martian so I was shocked at how much I liked this.

I think you're one of the people in this thread I usually agree with, so now I'm cautiously interested whereas I had pretty much written it off.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Literally the only thing that could make the prequels worse is if Sony Pictures produced them.

Disney, please reboot the prequels.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

powerful sex moves posted:

I think you're one of the people in this thread I usually agree with, so now I'm cautiously interested whereas I had pretty much written it off.

Please be wary of my recommendation 👀

I went in with really really low expectations and I kept waiting for it to turn poo poo but apart from the intro scene, which is pure :jerkbag: in dialogue form, I liked it for the most part.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Literally the only thing that could make the prequels worse is if Sony Pictures produced them.

Pod-racing through Times Square starring Kirsten Wiig as Sebulba

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

KakerMix posted:

I truly wish they would do this as there is no way they would be any worse than the prequels. They would get a unanimous pass from everyone to do it.

Just have Yug write them

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
RLM released a video early for Patreon and Mike just said the words "the Something Awful forums"

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

RLM released a video early for Patreon and Mike just said the words "the Something Awful forums"

Hodor is Josh, this has been known for a while

naem
May 29, 2011

mike I apologize, and to the rest of the gang, please don't read this drivel

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Did he mention Jay Cummies?

Whorelord posted:

Hodor is Josh, this has been known for a while

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

naem posted:

mike I apologize, and to the rest of the gang, please don't read this drivel

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
im very sorry for using embarrassing screencaps of your face for avatars, mike.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
drat, it's $15/month on Patreon to get the good stuff, so of course I pledged that.

Can confirm SA being mentioned. A couple of posters from this thread is getting called out, I won't say who.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

mng posted:

drat, it's $15/month on Patreon to get the good stuff, so of course I pledged that.

Can confirm SA being mentioned. A couple of posters from this thread is getting called out, I won't say who.

is it this lame-o?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Yeah, they're loving awful.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

You know, I think we all knew it already. You didn't have to call them out.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO got 'im

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Did Mike give me a shout out?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm so proud.

Space Taxi