Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
So I hijacked BenSmash's custom scrimmage game for a round (because he left or something and control went to me) and 110% walkspeed 150% projectile speed is beautiful and pure and that's how the game should actually work :allears:

e: I have unconfirmed reports that not only does increasing projectile speed affect Roadhog's hook, but that hook's range is based on duration, so increasing the speed increases the range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Star Man posted:

Confession: I have an overactive imagination and being on the wrong side of an Earthshatter and my first-person view Reinhardt come at me and smash me to death freaks me the gently caress out sometimes.

Even without being Earthshattered finding yourself suddenly face to face with a Rein is loving terrifying. In this gif I had been repeatedly killing this poor Rein so he decided to take matters into his own hands.

Since it was QP I had music going and didn't even hear the super loud footsteps and nearly jumped out of my chair.wall.

https://gfycat.com/CooperativeSimilarFulmar

Straight up horror movie poo poo. Dude put me up against the wall. :(

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

At 75 damage a swing, and the weirdest hit box in the game, he makes short work of any 200 hp hero.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
My favourite game that I won was at 3950. We were getting rolled so we all went "gently caress it" and swapped to five DPS and a symmetra.

We won so hard. Synmetra was more than enough to keep the DPS up, it was insane

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

dogstile posted:

My favourite game that I won was at 3950. We were getting rolled so we all went "gently caress it" and swapped to five DPS and a symmetra.

We won so hard. Synmetra was more than enough to keep the DPS up, it was insane

Mine is a competative match I did with friends, Eldorado defending first. Opponents pushed it exactly six meters. On attack I flew to the payload as D-va and just took it. A friend got POTM by healing me as I did it. I have no idea how they could make so little progress without actively avoiding the payload.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

So I'm generally not a fan of Your Overwatch/Stylosa's clickbaity channels (although Stylosa gives actual decent advice in VODs). But I came across this beautiful video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izlOb-gUpBM

Apparently the guy who sent the VOD in a youtuber/major troll who is dicking around in super low SR games. Stylosa catches on but still reviews it and seeing an attack torb just tear through an entire red team nearly singlehandedly is probably the funniest poo poo I've ever seen. Also the angry voice of one of the dude's teammates is just hilarious sounding when he gets all tilted.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I normally like Stylosa but man does his channel get annoying to watch whenever there is a new hero about to be released. Also the guy has the hugest boner for PVE content and thinks that a glorified horde mode is the greatest thing added to Overwatch :psyduck:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Sour Diesel posted:

So I'm generally not a fan of Your Overwatch/Stylosa's clickbaity channels (although Stylosa gives actual decent advice in VODs). But I came across this beautiful video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izlOb-gUpBM

Apparently the guy who sent the VOD in a youtuber/major troll who is dicking around in super low SR games. Stylosa catches on but still reviews it and seeing an attack torb just tear through an entire red team nearly singlehandedly is probably the funniest poo poo I've ever seen. Also the angry voice of one of the dude's teammates is just hilarious sounding when he gets all tilted.

...if he realized it was a troll, why did he keep going with the video? Like, he realizes it five minutes in but he keeps going on and on about bad turret placement the whole time. Why not just...scrap it and do a new video? It's not like it would even inconvenience him since he admits he doesn't actually prepare for his reviews​ and it's all steam of consciousness.

The entire point is that it was a dude intentionally tanking his SR to gently caress around. Of course the other team doesn't know how to deal with him, that's why he keeps making incredibly cocky plays. You'd think by like the tenth time the reviewer dude would have caught on but nope.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I normally like Stylosa but man does his channel get annoying to watch whenever there is a new hero about to be released. Also the guy has the hugest boner for PVE content and thinks that a glorified horde mode is the greatest thing added to Overwatch :psyduck:

To be fair, I would genuinely like to see an actual full-fledged PvE style expansion that goes a bit deeper than a 10-15 minute horde mode.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

He's actually both my favorite and least favorite channel for those reasons. Can't stand the clickbait or patch notes "discussion" but absolutely love "Overanalyzed" advice videos. I hope it's mostly good advice because I try to learn from it

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

...if he realized it was a troll, why did he keep going with the video? Like, he realizes it five minutes in but he keeps going on and on about bad turret placement the whole time. Why not just...scrap it and do a new video? It's not like it would even inconvenience him since he admits he doesn't actually prepare for his reviews​ and it's all steam of consciousness.

The entire point is that it was a dude intentionally tanking his SR to gently caress around. Of course the other team doesn't know how to deal with him, that's why he keeps making incredibly cocky plays. You'd think by like the tenth time the reviewer dude would have caught on but nope.

He was having fun watching it and joking around while at the same time being able to put some tips out there for people who like to play Torb. He makes several asides throughout the vid about some of Torb's mechanics (turret placement, ult usage, etc) Usually when Stylosa does one of those VODs he's giving tips to the player and other people who use the same character. So he's just having fun and killing two birds with one stone.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 15, 2017

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

He was having fun watching it and joking around while at the same time being able to put some tips out there for people who like to play Torb. He makes several asides throughout the vid about some of Torb's mechanics (turret placement, ult usage, etc) Usually when Stylosa does one of those VODs he's giving tips to the player and other people who use the same character. So he's just having fun and killing two birds with one stone.

And a bit of a dig at the epic ween troll. Hanjo is funny almost as some kind of surreal performance art but most of these awesome players who deliberately come down to low level play are pretty sad. Still, its their money.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

wit posted:

And a bit of a dig at the epic ween troll. Hanjo is funny almost as some kind of surreal performance art but most of these awesome players who deliberately come down to low level play are pretty sad. Still, its their money.

Yea, the guy who sent the VOD apparently just trolls people on his team in lower SR while he carries them, nothing really funny/special. I just thought it was funny that one Torb was just too much for an entire team to handle...repeatedly.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Sour Diesel posted:

Yea, the guy who sent the VOD apparently just trolls people on his team in lower SR while he carries them, nothing really funny/special. I just thought it was funny that one Torb was just too much for an entire team to handle...repeatedly.

I'm stuck in silver at that range and I'm not surprised in the slightest. You never know what kind of game you're heading into.

Some games you get people that absolutely dominate and completely wreck teams, some games you get stuff like that reaper that tried running directly into an ulted Torb turret. Sometimes you get amazing teamwork on your or the other team, sometimes that teamwork just completely isn't there or even falls apart midgame.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wrist Watch posted:

Sometimes you get amazing teamwork on your or the other team, sometimes that teamwork just completely isn't there or even falls apart midgame.

I had a game that just did that because no one felt like killing Mercy or Winston in the third round of koth. I can only punt so many people off the map, guys.

e: please, dear god, let me get a team that knows what a mercy is and can aim at it

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 15, 2017

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Help. I have like 100 total hours on lucio and I still loving jump before I ult, every time. What is wrong with me?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

resistentialism posted:

Help. I have like 100 total hours on lucio and I still loving jump before I ult, every time. What is wrong with me?

Style is more important than practicality in every situation.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Let's break it....

down!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The best thing is doing a crazy shortcut by wallriding or using it to speed boost to the fight faster and then dropping it when half your team is hurting bad. You just drop out of the sky from some weird rear end spot and BWOOM! Lucio is so fun to play.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

I'm stuck in silver at that range and I'm not surprised in the slightest. You never know what kind of game you're heading into.

Some games you get people that absolutely dominate and completely wreck teams, some games you get stuff like that reaper that tried running directly into an ulted Torb turret. Sometimes you get amazing teamwork on your or the other team, sometimes that teamwork just completely isn't there or even falls apart midgame.

I recently started doing comp after ignoring it when I stupidly did my first placements early s3 before I knew poo poo about the game. Ended up low silver. My mechanics have gotten pretty good since then so I've been enjoying wrecking house with 76 even though I'm way better with Mccree. Also since then I decided to get good enough with Hanzo that I can challenge a Pharah and not rely on scatter for deus ex machina all the time.

I'm really going to miss this SR because I get away with really dumb poo poo.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Liar Lyre posted:

The best thing is doing a crazy shortcut by wallriding or using it to speed boost to the fight faster and then dropping it when half your team is hurting bad. You just drop out of the sky from some weird rear end spot and BWOOM! Lucio is so fun to play.

drat right, especially on koth, and especially especially on Oasis

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

my favorite is when he was talking about how one tricks are a victim of their own success because they cant get better with other heroes, and his advice was to just buy a new account to practice

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Earlier today an enemy Lucio tried to boop a Pharah (???) off a cliff, so I booped him off instead. He wallrode back but took just long enough for me to launch him off again. I appreciate the weapon changes to Lucio. :allears:

Also something clicked and I was able to not be worthless with Sombra. The trick was to be a huge coward and run away constantly. :v:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

resistentialism posted:

I have to seriously fight the urge to do it and I'm honestly surprised there isn't some gameplay mechanic about it maybe scaling off how high you drop off from because it just feels so loving right.

that's my armchair game design for the day

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
What kind of fun hating rear end doesn't leap to Break It Down?!

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

"THIS. IS. HUGE. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN"

His overanalysed series is great, but god drat the rest of his content is a steaming turd. He literally reads out forums posts and speculation as "news". He seems like a cool guy though, the kind of guy I'd play a couple games with if I could ever drag my gold rear end out of the pit of despair.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Nihilarian posted:

my favorite is when he was talking about how one tricks are a victim of their own success because they cant get better with other heroes, and his advice was to just buy a new account to practice

I mean he's not wrong, every time I tried a new hero that wasn't hog I lost that match, 100% of the time.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Linx posted:

"THIS. IS. HUGE. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN"

His overanalysed series is great, but god drat the rest of his content is a steaming turd. He literally reads out forums posts and speculation as "news". He seems like a cool guy though, the kind of guy I'd play a couple games with if I could ever drag my gold rear end out of the pit of despair.

I'm not sure if there is a single person in this context who actually wants to be referred to as "ladies and gentlemen" and doesn't get a cringe/facepalm reaction from it. I mean English isn't my native language so I'm not really sure, but once you do it once per minute it kind of turns into a running joke.

Btw, are there really no Mexican leaks from the anniversary event or something aside from the Xbox loot boxes? It would go live in like 32 hours if it's constructed like all the previous events.

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 15, 2017

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
Using "Ladies and Gentlemen" as an intro makes me automatically assume that your content is poo poo tbh, it's so overdone and cringey at this point.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Bolivar posted:

I'm not sure if there is a single person in this context who actually wants to be referred to as "ladies and gentlemen" and doesn't get a cringe/facepalm reaction from it. I mean English isn't my native language so I'm not really sure, but once you do it once per minute it kind of turns into a running joke.

I mean I'm British myself and it makes me gag

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If someone say's ladies and gentlemen and they're either

A: not singing along to the song
B: not being sarcastic

i'll want to punch them.

Native Brit here

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's not cringey, it's polite.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
So is tipping your hat. Still makes me want to punch you in the cock.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

World Famous W posted:

What kind of fun hating rear end doesn't leap to Break It Down?!

yeah this is really fun:

*parkour off payload and presses q*

OH LET'S BREAK IT *dies before hitting ground*

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I have to seriously fight the urge to do it and I'm honestly surprised there isn't some gameplay mechanic about it maybe scaling off how high you drop off from because it just feels so loving right.

that's my armchair game design for the day

This needs to be a thing. Ideally you would jump down from something like the Eichenwald tower to provide 1500 HP boost to your team.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dogstile posted:

So is tipping your hat. Still makes me want to punch you in the cock.

Well duh, only nerds do that. Real cowboys just flick the brim

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ehud posted:

yeah this is really fun:

*parkour off payload and presses q*

OH LET'S BREAK IT *dies before hitting ground*
I'm glad you agree

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ladies and gentlemen is a normal thing to say in Britain. Maybe only southern England idk.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Ladies and gentlemen is a normal thing to say in Britain. Maybe only southern England idk.

Now that's a proper avatar+post combo, ladies and gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Papal Mainframe posted:

Using "Ladies and Gentlemen" as an intro makes me automatically assume that your content is poo poo tbh, it's so overdone and cringey at this point.

I like him and he seems like a cool guy. Not everyone bursts into flames if they watch someone who isn't a sarcastic edgelord. Goons might though.