Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Postal Parcel posted:

I guess I should have clarified, have all the freshman time-travelers been axed?

Travelers got a second season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Open Source Idiom posted:

There are a number of British shows that have -- Misfits, Skins, Being Human; all had complete cast changeovers in recent memory -- and though a lot of fans tend to hate that the shows did that, I've never really minded it. Being Human, in particular, I thought was as good if not better with its new cast. It's one of my favourite shows.

The UK Shameless is a completely different show by the end. Like, after the first three seasons, it does a complete pivot and stops being about the trials and tribulations of the Gallagher family, and more about the rivalry between two crime families. There were only, I think, two actors who remained on the show for its entire run. (Also, that show ran for eleven seasons, what the Christ.)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mulva posted:

Travelers got a second season.

Good.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Timby posted:

The UK Shameless is a completely different show by the end. Like, after the first three seasons, it does a complete pivot and stops being about the trials and tribulations of the Gallagher family, and more about the rivalry between two crime families. There were only, I think, two actors who remained on the show for its entire run. (Also, that show ran for eleven seasons, what the Christ.)

So exactly like every other British show.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

There a thread for Scandal in TVIV? I started watching it because a friend recommended it and I finished season 1 last night. It's really good! Kind of over the top but good!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Postal Parcel posted:

Eastenders?
or uh...Emmerdale? I only know so much Britishisms

The original cast of Coronation Street are for the most part long dead since it started out in the 60s. EastEnders only goes back to the 80s, if I recall.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
Timeless is un-cancelled and will get a second season after all.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

My Law & Order legacy thread was archived, so I guess I have to make a new one, but for anything following along, despite declining ratings and Hargitay getting more expensive every season, SVU was renewed for a 19th season -- meaning it's now just two additional seasons away from breaking the Gunsmoke record that Dick Wolf is so desperate to get. (The original show was originally promised a 21st season but was canceled while the season 20 finale was filming.)

Edit: However, they're in search of yet another executive producer, as Rick Eid, who took over this season, is getting shifted to Chicago PD.

Timby fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 13, 2017

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm so happy The Exorcist got renewed, didn't expect that.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nice! I started watching this by mistake, meant to start Travellers. If ended up being enjoyable and the villain had a cool plan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mallratcal posted:

I'm so happy The Exorcist got renewed, didn't expect that.

I enjoyed it but it seemed like it wrote its stakes a little too high for the end of the first season. Although to be honest I don't remember exactly how S1 ended. I think they foil the plot on the Pope, save Reagan's family, but the one lady gets possessed to carry on the demonic plots?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I enjoyed it but it seemed like it wrote its stakes a little too high for the end of the first season. Although to be honest I don't remember exactly how S1 ended. I think they foil the plot on the Pope, save Reagan's family, but the one lady gets possessed to carry on the demonic plots?

That's exactly how it ended. and Marcus has agreed to continue Tomas' training in the ways of the exorcist. I'm guessing the producers decided to go big to get people to watch (whoops).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it had me hooked because it really built up the stakes (and the exorcism and possession scenes and effects were REALLY REALLY good and creepy) but at some point it felt like they had overshot a little and I'm a little nervous about what they do in S2 to top it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy lol what Exorcist got renewed!?!?!?!

That's the silliest thing that's ever happened in television.

It's extra crazy because, for a show that was almost guaranteed to be cancelled, they had a pretty good self-contained season arc.

I bet s2 ends on a cliffhanger and then gets cancelled.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I thought this was going to be the last season of 2 Broke Girls and the last episode was a proper send-off. I remember when it debuted and Todd VanDerWerff, then of AV Club, believed that this was going to be the sitcom of the Occupy generation. As it became increasingly obvious that it was going to be another dumb CBS sitcom, he gradually lost his mind in the weekly episode reviews. That was funnier than anything on 2 Broke Girls.

Postal Parcel posted:

And with the cancellation of Zorn, will FOX just loving bring Bob's back into the warmth of 8-10 and stop trying to ditch the "animation domination" label?
Almost certainly not. How many Sunday shows in the 8:30 slot have fallen on their asses now? I've lost count.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My lasting memory of 2 Broke Girls will always be that the leads had some real chemistry and the show seemed to have a little potential past its really backwards and lame race jokes and poo poo and then the show creator freaked out at some convention and said "I'm gay so I can make any racist joke i want and that's what my show is about!" so I just immediately stopped watching or even caring about the show's existence except when they dressed the ladies up in tight football stuff during games. Because it was an evolved show.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Elementary also got renewed! Stoked.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ingobernable on Netflix is awesome. If you speak Spanish i'm sure it's even better.
I feel like i'm missing so much because i have to follow the subs. Stop speaking so fast...

The chick who plays Daniela in Sense8 is in it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Even though Frequency was cancelled and managed to wrap up well CW just put up an epilogue they shot that wraps it up even more.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/frequency/frequency-epilogue/?play=ce83ea5c-072c-41dc-b46c-32da7be429e3

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

bring back old gbs posted:

Nice! I started watching this by mistake, meant to start Travellers. If ended up being enjoyable and the villain had a cool plan.

I watched a few episodes in the beginning so I'm curious, what was it?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

I'm happy about this, I actually enjoyed Timeless. The characters improved as it went on and it was fun to go to a different time period every ep. It all tied together fairly well too and they left it on an interesting note for it to go forward on.

It's very bizarre for a show to be un-cancelled and especially only a few days after it was cancelled though. Has it happened before?

-Blackadder- posted:

I watched a few episodes in the beginning so I'm curious, what was it?

essentially the global secret society thing which rules the world behind the scenes, rittenhouse, killed his wife and he wanted to change history so that various members of rittenhouse ended up dead or were never born etc. etc. so it didn't get to be so powerful

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 09:10 on May 14, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

Even though Frequency was cancelled and managed to wrap up well CW just put up an epilogue they shot that wraps it up even more.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/frequency/frequency-epilogue/?play=ce83ea5c-072c-41dc-b46c-32da7be429e3

That's pretty cool of them.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Great Indoors was cancelled. Good. Now let's get Joel McHale and Stephen Fry on a show they deserve.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wandle Cax posted:

It's very bizarre for a show to be un-cancelled and especially only a few days after it was cancelled though. Has it happened before?

Didn't that happen to Nashville? I think its cancellation was announced then it was given a truncated final season to finish its story a couple of days later.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Wheat Loaf posted:

Didn't that happen to Nashville? I think its cancellation was announced then it was given a truncated final season to finish its story a couple of days later.

It moved from ABC to CMT and is still airing / renewed again there.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

lelandjs posted:

The Great Indoors was cancelled. Good. Now let's get Joel McHale and Stephen Fry on a show they deserve.

Is it wrong that I might have enjoyed the post-Fry season of qi more than some of the seasons with him?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

lelandjs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3oCRYDZRKY

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

e: nm

Vegetable fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 14, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
New Girl has been renewed for a short final season- exact number of episodes is unclear, could be as low as 8 or as high as 13.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Shorter season is fine for them to wrap up. Honestly the last episode of this season could have been the finale.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Shorter season is fine for them to wrap up. Honestly the last episode of this season could have been the finale.

Yeah I think it was definitely made with that in mind, since they didn't know.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

That's pretty sweet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bruceski posted:

That's pretty sweet.

TVLine says something similar was done for No Tomorrow. I never watched that though.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/13/watch-frequency-no-tomorrow-epilogue-released-cancelled-the-cw/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wish every show had that opportunity, so it's neat it's starting to happen.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah I think it was definitely made with that in mind, since they didn't know.

Jake Johnson said it was absolutely made as a potential series finale. He also said on Twitter the final run is eight episodes.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm happy about this, I actually enjoyed Timeless. The characters improved as it went on and it was fun to go to a different time period every ep. It all tied together fairly well too and they left it on an interesting note for it to go forward on.

essentially the global secret society thing which rules the world behind the scenes, rittenhouse, killed his wife and he wanted to change history so that various members of rittenhouse ended up dead or were never born etc. etc. so it didn't get to be so powerful

Haha yeah I guess his plan wasn't as "cool" as it was sympathetic. You end up hoping he pulls it off and the protagonists fail.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo The Leftovers season 2 is amazing. Just finished episode 7, jesus christ. How is this show so good?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Damon Lindelof learned from his mistakes on Lost and they don't have to pump out 20+ episodes per season

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Timby posted:

My Law & Order legacy thread was archived, so I guess I have to make a new one, but for anything following along, despite declining ratings and Hargitay getting more expensive every season, SVU was renewed for a 19th season -- meaning it's now just two additional seasons away from breaking the Gunsmoke record that Dick Wolf is so desperate to get. (The original show was originally promised a 21st season but was canceled while the season 20 finale was filming.)

Edit: However, they're in search of yet another executive producer, as Rick Eid, who took over this season, is getting shifted to Chicago PD.

How mad is Wolf that the Simpsons keep going and going getting the record he wants farther away every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

This is now the Cy Tolliver Memorial Thread, so get on what the dagos call my sinister side and remember Powers Boothe.

• Locked thread