Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Of course it didn't record.

I had the sickest loving nova bomb dodge + sticky to the face ever this week, would've been one of my top 3 all time clips, and when I went to go look again it wasn't there. Because loving of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

I had the sickest loving nova bomb dodge + sticky to the face ever this week, would've been one of my top 3 all time clips, and when I went to go look again it wasn't there. Because loving of course.

14 seconds cracks me up every time
https://youtu.be/QssdKgXebno

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I will say that I'm legit hyped for this reveal stream on Thursday. I've speculated a ton but I really have no idea where they're going to take Destiny 2.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
My bet is they're going to take the new subclass mission from Taken King and draw it waaayyyy out.

It would be great if they had alternate campaigns for every subclass in the game, but a boy can dream.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
About a week ago I moved my PS4 from a 60 inch flat screen to a computer/gaming monitor and the smaller screen has really helped with radar awareness etc..Mayhem IB is this crazy information overload though. I can enjoy about two games before I have to quit.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Menstrual Show posted:

I will say that I'm legit hyped for this reveal stream on Thursday. I've speculated a ton but I really have no idea where they're going to take Destiny 2.

I genuinely hope that you will be happy with more Destiny, but in different locations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 2: we added suros shotguns but still no revives in HM raids

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Destiny 2 starts by porting over your SBMM rank.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

sunday at work posted:

Destiny 2 starts by porting over your SBMM rank.

I have already called this, its definitely happening

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Nah, we're all getting a do-over. We are going to port over our level 40 characters and the character that we play as during Destiny 2 will watch them die in the opening cutscene. That's why the most important thing Bungie is concerned about carrying over is appearance.

We'll all get a fresh start on Bungie's new dedicated servers.

I am full of poo poo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They aren't going to bother porting over all that data and converting it to any new system, it'll dial you in after a few matches anyway.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I have already called this, its definitely happening

I doubt it'll happen but it's not like it won't kick in very quickly

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
5-6 matches before you get quarantined tops

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Just had a teammate pull a crazy good KDR of 0.08

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

Just had a teammate pull a crazy good KDR of 0.08

Uh Bushwookie's status says he was last on 8 hours ago

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is clever dragon bad again? I just got one with PB/CB/HCR

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Emron posted:

Is clever dragon bad again? I just got one with PB/CB/HCR

It isn't what it used to be. The hawksaw/PDX45/blind perdition archetype is the top tier pulse in the current meta.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I guess it depends on whether the devs running d2 live team think they have match making right or wrong at the moment.

It'll also depend if they have ranked and unranked matches and dedicated servers.

I hope one of the twitch streamers at the live event has the balls to pull someone to one side and say something. Doubt it though.

I dont care if my character carries accross or not, i dont care about gear, shaders or emblems. Im just tired of laggy games and bullshit nerfs that combined with connection break the way certain weapons work.

The difference in the way hand cannons behave in a private match with local players and in a live game insane.

Dedicated servers at least. Annoying thing is theyve lied for the last 3 years about connection match making so I won't believe em even if they say thats how d2 is going.

I would have to see something like "drastically improved connection weighting" or "skill rating removed from match making".

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 15, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:discourse:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Someone will ask and they won't get an answer.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I think dedicated servers and a social playlist and a ranked playlist would fix the vast majority of matchmaking issues.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What's the best way to bring my 336 warlock up to speed

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Darth Windu posted:

Just play

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

Get blues from strikes and pvp and do you stuff to get marks to buy vendor weps and gear. 3oC etc.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Windu posted:

Do the daily as well, 15 marks everyday will help a lot to get a 380 piece.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Darth Windu posted:

Archon's forge did wonders for me, do raids with goons and have fun.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Last raid I did was Crota :(

It was fun

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Why don't they do raid matchmaking? Is it cos trolls?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Why don't they do raid matchmaking? Is it cos trolls?

Steve.gif

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want to finally finish kf and wotm

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I just want some friends guys :kiddo:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

Mayhem is trash if you care, so don't care. It's the Smash Bros of destiny modes.

Skirmish is the Smash Bros of destiny modes: full of sperglords telling you how to play and not to play, and reporting you if you use heavy on their asses on the round they waved thrice to signal they would not use heavy.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Too bad that Bungie listened to everyone asking to turn the opening back to vanilla for Age of Triumph, because I loved both Oryx's sad trombone opening theme and the Rise of Iron opening theme.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Actually, those were poo poo, and bad.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Actually, those were poo poo, and bad.

Seriously. The newer music sucked dick.

The OST was awesome

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

limaCAT posted:

Too bad that Bungie listened to everyone asking to turn the opening back to vanilla for Age of Triumph, because I loved both Oryx's sad trombone opening theme and the Rise of Iron opening theme.

If you sit on the title screen it literally cycles through all the themes in order.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Gunslinger is def op in mayhem, just got unbroken and phantom in the same game playing passive and throwing tripmines constantly. 21 kills, popped GG mainly as a defensive thing shut down a good amount of hammerbros and stormlocks. I had never gotten either medal before.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Enjoy your welfare medals scrub king!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Got a ton of scout rifle kills last night in mayhem by sitting at the spawn of floating gardens with a charged tlaloc and mowing down guys jumping around up in the top B area. Has the added bonus of anchoring spawn and guarding heavy.

• Locked thread