Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Bought tickets to see Front 242 in Brussels in December. I've seen them before but my other half hasn't, and I thought that seeing them in their home country would be awesome. Also after listening to the ID:YD podcast about them, was worried I might not get too many more chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Sidenote I can't believe how lucky we are to have ID:YD in this scene. I'm hardly a fan of everything they post, but i really really really appreciate the exposure they offer. And i hear stuff there that I love and have heard nowhere else.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Youth Code is so much fun live. A pity I can't make it to Berlin at that time and they're skipping the Netherlands...
e: drat, just noticed that they played at a music festival here yesterday... oh well, wouldn't have been able to make it.

Entropist fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 23, 2017

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Entropist posted:

Youth Code is so much fun live. A pity I can't make it to Berlin at that time and they're skipping the Netherlands...
e: drat, just noticed that they played at a music festival here yesterday... oh well, wouldn't have been able to make it.

Roadburn? A friend is there. A lot of the lineup is more metal/drone stuff but then you've got Youth Code, Author & Punisher, Carpenter Brut and Pertubator and some weird experimental stuff. The photos look mental. Also it looks like a pretty large proportion of the audience is men with massive beards.

YC's UK date is a support slot for Deafheaven who are extremely Not My Thing :smith:

Hoping they get a tour of their own here again in the next year or so, since I was out of the country for the last one.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Roadburn? A friend is there. A lot of the lineup is more metal/drone stuff but then you've got Youth Code, Author & Punisher, Carpenter Brut and Pertubator and some weird experimental stuff. The photos look mental. Also it looks like a pretty large proportion of the audience is men with massive beards.

YC's UK date is a support slot for Deafheaven who are extremely Not My Thing :smith:

Hoping they get a tour of their own here again in the next year or so, since I was out of the country for the last one.

Yeah, I always thought it was just a metal festival and so I ignored it, but apparently not!

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015
3Teeth's new single and video own and I dunno if I can bear the wait for shutdown.exe

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Has anyone seen the recent incarnation(s) of KMFDM? I haven't seen them play live since the NIHIL tour, and really haven't cared much for their albums after the one that had "Last Things" on it. They're launching a tour with OhGr on the bill, so the Ogre/Puppy fanboi in me is already pushing the money toward that noise. Pretty sure KFMDM is the headliner. Normally, I wouldn't bother but since Ogre is touring I'm hoping to at least suffer through the set in the hopes of getting "Torture", "Full Worm Garden" or, "That's All" out of them.

Do they still pull out old classics? Maybe I get some "Godlike", "More and Faster", or "Go to Hell."

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Oh hi thread. I thought I'd mention that two weeks ago I went to this weird little three-day industrial/post-punk music festival in Vancouver, featuring a bunch of tiny little West Coast bands you've probably never heard of. Somehow they managed to fill a three-day festival, and somehow the seemed to have broken even doing, even with crowds of only 50-100 people).

https://www.facebook.com/events/869453106489746/

It was pretty fun. And small. And underground-feeling.

The Cleaner, you guys should think about getting in touch with the organisers for next year. It's pretty shoestring budget, but I believe they helped sort out places for bands to crash.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm going to see Front 242 later this year. I'm psyched.

hatelull posted:

Has anyone seen the recent incarnation(s) of KMFDM? I haven't seen them play live since the NIHIL tour, and really haven't cared much for their albums after the one that had "Last Things" on it. They're launching a tour with OhGr on the bill, so the Ogre/Puppy fanboi in me is already pushing the money toward that noise. Pretty sure KFMDM is the headliner. Normally, I wouldn't bother but since Ogre is touring I'm hoping to at least suffer through the set in the hopes of getting "Torture", "Full Worm Garden" or, "That's All" out of them.

Do they still pull out old classics? Maybe I get some "Godlike", "More and Faster", or "Go to Hell."
Yeah this junket is rolling through my town as well. I'm kinda thinking... maybe?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
They're hitting Indianapolis so of course I'm gonna see KMFDM and Ohgr.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Tias posted:

What the gently caress did Aesthetic Perfection do to anybody? Good tunes, and they're the nicest guys.

Daniel Graves is a human garbage fire

edit: That's maybe a bit harsh. He's more like a small flaming bag of dog poop. Kind of cute in a way but still you don't want it on your doorstep.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Things that are wonderful: having bought tickets to the Youth Code show in Stockholm on the 4th of may and only later realizing that you won't be back until the 5th.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Twiin posted:

edit: That's maybe a bit harsh. He's more like a small flaming bag of dog poop. Kind of cute in a way but still you don't want it on your doorstep.

I'm glad you clarified your use of burning metaphors

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Twiin posted:

Nobody would care except he made two amazing albums and then did a Hindenberg all over everything.

gently caress, Violent Emotion was probably in my top 10 albums of the last 15 years, which just makes everything after that so much more horrible in contrast.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

hatelull posted:

I saw them maybe 2 or 3 years ago, and honestly it was kind of a let-down. They played mostly newer stuff from the last couple albums, the period where Sascha gave up on life and everything started sounding the same, but a few classics too, so it wasn't a total loss. I'm glad I went, because they'd been on my list literally since I was in high school and for various reasons I'd never gotten around to it.

That said, I'm still going, because we don't always get the raddest genre shows here, and it's still KMFDM and Oghr.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Not sure if anyone else will be as excited about this as me, but S.K.E.T. have finally released a new album and it's just as good as I'd hoped. A bit more electro (rather than straight up noisy beats) than they used to be on some tracks but not in a bad way.

https://handsofficial.bandcamp.com/album/capitalism-continuing-crisis

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Only 46 hours left on the Kickstarter for the new Volt 9000 album! Only $15 Canadian for the new album, which is very favorable if you're paying in USD!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
M4M - chubby bald middle aged man with penchant for big coats and moody stares seeks similar. Be my boatman 2nite???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtUi8d0DF1Q

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Danger - Octopus! posted:

M4M - chubby bald middle aged man with penchant for big coats and moody stares seeks similar. Be my boatman 2nite???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtUi8d0DF1Q

Wow, this is the most boring poo poo ever.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I keep looking at Ronan trying to awkwardly stand stone-still while the boat keeps rocking to and fro

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I will never measure up to how goth this is

https://twitter.com/maxsparber/status/858330495788220416

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

Lead out in cuffs posted:

The Cleaner, you guys should think about getting in touch with the organisers for next year. It's pretty shoestring budget, but I believe they helped sort out places for bands to crash.

Hey thanks for the tip!! Will definitely look into that one. Looks pretty cool.

Pope Guilty posted:

Only 46 hours left on the Kickstarter for the new Volt 9000 album! Only $15 Canadian for the new album, which is very favorable if you're paying in USD!

Come on, papa needs a new Buchla!
j/k I love you.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Dispatches from the Aesthetic Perfection show: I thought Army of the Universe wasn't going to play this date but here they are and the lead singer is like ten feet tall. Aesthetic Perfection's show banner is a black tarp with "AP is KEWL" written in white duct tape. His merch is p bad though, like I'd go for a t-shirt version of their banner before the rest of these.

Edit: Army was really a good show, Lord K has a ton of presence but unfortunately the crowd wasn't real into it

William Control is a real sort of embroidered vest and tie tab sort of guy, at least until he started doing some elaborate nunchaku ritual with the mic. Still, he commands attention, which is why I was surprised to look over and see the guy on synth having abandoned his station to literally climb the lighting rig. Also he looks almost exactly like Broken Matt Hardy. Great show, would see again

Oh no the banner fell down, maybe they shouldn't have used the same white duct tape to hold it up

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 30, 2017

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015
I had never heard of William Control until I saw him open for Combichrist on the We Love You tour. Thought he was pretty cool.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I posted a while ago asking for favourite online radio streams. So far my consistent favourite is WFKU Blackdance (that link's the stream URL). It's straight-up EBM 24/7 that seems to always be just the thing I'm after. I have no patience or attention span for radio any more and will hop between streams if I hear five seconds of something I'm not interested in, but somehow I stick on this one. Vastly better than you'd think from the website, which like any good Internet radio station looks like it hasn't changed since 2000.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The new Stars Crusaders is out. Great blend of Italo-Disco cheese with futurepop / industrial and Stefan Poiss (mind.in.a.box) mixing and mastering.

I found out about them a few years ago through a DJ who was a big mind.in.a.box fan and he was like (laughing) "you gotta check out this band ripping them off so hard!" Later I found out, that actually it sounds like MIAB because it is MIAB, kinda. They're also mixed up with electronic artists in Milan/Turin who are doing cool stuff.

Warning: it's cheesy! You can't merely like cheese; you must love it!

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 5, 2017

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The new Stars Crusaders is out. Great blend of Italo-Disco cheese with futurepop / industrial and Stefan Poiss (mind.in.a.box) mixing and mastering.

I found out about them a few years ago through a DJ who was a big mind.in.a.box fan and he was like (laughing) "you gotta check out this band ripping them off so hard!" Later I found out, that actually it sounds like MIAB because it is MIAB, kinda. They're also mixed up with electronic artists in Milan/Turin who are doing cool stuff.

Can confirm. EBM that's well on the way down the disco spectrum to Hi-NRG, made entirely of cheese and not ashamed in the slightest. Pretty good pop songs that have a beat and you can dance to it.

(remember: EBM is '80s Hi-NRG in a minor key and with the '70s soul diva replaced with a shouty fat bald German.)

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Thanks a lot for this recommendation! Never heard of these guys but they are exactly my poo poo. I really like everything Poiss in involved with. Check out Loomec if you haven't. More conventional pop but it has that Poiss touch.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hedenius posted:

Thanks a lot for this recommendation! Never heard of these guys but they are exactly my poo poo. I really like everything Poiss in involved with. Check out Loomec if you haven't. More conventional pop but it has that Poiss touch.
Yep. Also:

https://twitter.com/_mindinabox/status/861209928903655424

:tinfoil:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Oh poo poo who did Black kill!?

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
caught Boy Harsher a couple nights ago. they were having technical difficulties and cut the set short. they put on a great show despite the setbacks. gus was blowing into some kind of wind controller which triggered some beefy sounding droning note. jae really belted it out in a way you would not have heard on their recordings. they are the most normal and personable people ive ever met too. if they are coming through your town, you should see them.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

spider_ross.avi posted:

caught Boy Harsher a couple nights ago. they were having technical difficulties and cut the set short. they put on a great show despite the setbacks. gus was blowing into some kind of wind controller which triggered some beefy sounding droning note. jae really belted it out in a way you would not have heard on their recordings. they are the most normal and personable people ive ever met too. if they are coming through your town, you should see them.

They're fantastic. "Yr Body Is Nothing" is one of my favourite albums of last year, and "A Weakness" is my morning alarm clock sound.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Kanga on Thursday. :woop:

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Hey if any of y'all want to see my stupid face get into an argument about if Static-X is industrial or not I'm doing a thing this week.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Of course they are

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/3teeth-exclusive-album-stream-a7740186.html

New 3TEETH album steam

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

B.O.A is the stand out track on here for me, they also slowed down/re-recorded Atrophy i feel like.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Front 242 and KMFDM/OhGr are playing back to back nights. Boston is getting a lot of good shows this summer.

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015

Photex posted:

B.O.A is the stand out track on here for me, they also slowed down/re-recorded Atrophy i feel like.

B.O.A. is good, I also really liked Voiceless. Pretty drat good album, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib

spider_ross.avi posted:

I missed them when they played DC back in January because I had to get up at like 4:00am the next day. I hope they come back — "Lust" is such a great track and I've had Yr Body Is Nothing on heavy rotation for the last six months.

I'm excited to see Body of Light open for Black Marble in June — two brothers from Tucson with a clear old-school EBM influence. Lots of fun.