Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao at batman telling mr freeze to "get over it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

With the MB and Block button being so important in NRS games I find having access to it on a shoulder button is really handy. The control scheme and execution in NRS games doesn't even require a claw grip or anything which is nice.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao at batman telling mr freeze to "get over it"

bruce wayne giving someone a "get over it" speech is probably the most ironic poo poo of all time and I love it

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

bruce wayne giving someone a "get over it" speech is probably the most ironic poo poo of all time and I love it

I know right, I just want one exchange where he says it first so the other person can be like "what did you just say Mr. My Parents Are Deeeaaaaaad?"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I opened up a hero thing on the mobile game and I think I got Mr. Foster from Killing Floor somehow?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EkWCz4IoTs

This is the best Scarecrow ever.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

McSpanky posted:

I know right, I just want one exchange where he says it first so the other person can be like "what did you just say Mr. My Parents Are Deeeaaaaaad?"

If there is something like that, it would probably be Damien doing it. He is such a poo poo in every scene he is in to the point where it is hilarious.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's so fun and his VA loving kills it

cyborg is lame as hell

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I mean, it's Englund isn't it?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Do character intros have subtitles?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mashing up Scarecrow with Freddy seems like an immensely obvious and good idea and I'm surprised it took this long.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

I mean, it's Englund isn't it?

holy poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Evil Canadian posted:

I play stick for most games(and did for inj1 as well) but I will tell you right now that pad is the better option for injustice 2. I will be switching to pad for inj2 as well.

The 4 button layout with mb being on r2 is just easier to manipulate on pad in the end. In inj1 I wound up using my pinky to mb a lot and it was quite uncomfortable.

Thanks for the heads-up. I was also interested in Guilty Gear and Tekken but will probably put most of my time into this, so we'll see.

Do people use the thumbstick or the D-pad on the controller? These games don't use quarter circle motions right

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

god i love the casting of robert englund as scarecrow. this is probably one of the best versions of the character, just for that

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's so sassy

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azCrTp4DGpQ

Travis Willingham as Pure Distilled 100% Golden Age.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

man I'm constantly surprised how many lines they recorded for everybody

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

this fuckin' guy has a 10 second long intro, a 10 second long outro, a bigass watermark in the corner AND he repeated one of the lines lmao

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thanks for the heads-up. I was also interested in Guilty Gear and Tekken but will probably put most of my time into this, so we'll see.

Do people use the thumbstick or the D-pad on the controller? These games don't use quarter circle motions right

IJ1 had an alternate control option that enabled diagonals, I imagine 2 does as well.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this game comes out in like a day and a half holy gently caress

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Vixen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdSOl-VvqZ4

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Here's some footage of Pig of the Hut playing Fate in online matches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3tcUwRbKRg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

24 more hours to go :f5:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxgVIaHplcw&t=516s

Raiden is coming people :v:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DLC Inc posted:

I still feel like the only character who doesn't look like fun to play is Cyborg. They said he's a projectile-focused character but his poo poo is outclassed by Deadshot, Fate, and Firestorm---he gets a keepaway vacuum attack and a Roomba but he just doesn't look like he has the versatility or extra tools that the other 3 ultra-zoners have.

That is because Cyborg is a mediocre character that DC has tried really hard to push since the Reboot. Despite no one caring or wanting them to.

He is also far more associated with the Teen Titans then the Justice League who he really does not make any real sense being part of, nor does he deserve to be a founding Member.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I kind of hope Raiden is just a Premier Skin for Black Adam, packed in as a freebie with Sub-Zero. But who knows.

Starting to feel like the next NRS game will be a new MK vs DC

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jeffrey Combs is such an awesome Brainiac.

Also lol Damian has no good comebacks to clashing Joker.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Reading earlier in the thread, someone brought up The Boys and now I just want The Butcher in as DLC, and considering The Boys is a DC property...

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Reading earlier in the thread, someone brought up The Boys and now I just want The Butcher in as DLC, and considering The Boys is a DC property...

Sadly for you, DC gave up the rights to The Boys after they cancelled it, which is how it made the jump to Dynamite to continue existing.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Sadly for you, DC gave up the rights to The Boys after they cancelled it, which is how it made the jump to Dynamite to continue existing.

ah, drat, not only am i wrong, but also dumb.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Def want to use d pad as generally game uses the 4 cardinal directions for just about everything. Only has sf style motions if you choose to change the input method. I personally don't recommend it though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

That is because Cyborg is a mediocre character that DC has tried really hard to push since the Reboot. Despite no one caring or wanting them to.

He is also far more associated with the Teen Titans then the Justice League who he really does not make any real sense being part of, nor does he deserve to be a founding Member.

The coolest thing anyone's done with Cyborg in literal decades is making an evil clone of him that looks like the Terminator hate-hosed the Nvidia logo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

Here's some footage of Pig of the Hut playing Fate in online matches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3tcUwRbKRg

on one hand thank gently caress meter roll is in this game

on the other, looks like nobody has figured out you can roll yet

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

McSpanky posted:

The coolest thing anyone's done with Cyborg in literal decades is making an evil clone of him that looks like the Terminator hate-hosed the Nvidia logo.

I don't know why DC is pushing Cyborg so hard.

Oh wait yes I do. They have very few interesting people of color in their books

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Time for JOHN HENRY IRONS

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I always liked Mr. Terrific

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DLC Inc posted:

I always liked Mr. Terrific

yea he's cool, let's get some T-balls flying around and poo poo.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Amanda Waller usually steals the show in whatever she's in.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

He's one of Geoff Johns favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

John Stewart owns and DC should have made him one of the founding members of the Justice League in new-52 imo.

• Locked thread