Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, I'm finishing up the Nier LP.

Should I move on to the Drakengard 2 or 3 LP next?

Coughing Hobo posted:

There's something that's so delightfully perfect about the visual side-effects being a bunch of CRT horseshit.

The second screen though was :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
How do you take these E-drugs, is it something 2B ate or did she download pantsareprohibited.exe into her e-brain before boar drifting?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
In the oh so distant future
We're nine thousand years too soon
An android chick named 2B
Was a warrior from the moon
Now 2B fought for YorHA
With a sword of massive girth
And after she'd just repaired herself
They put her in an airplane and shot her back to Earth

"We'll make her fight some machines,
The cutest ones we can find (la la la)
And to get their combat data,
We'll monitor her mind (la la la)"
Now keep in mind, while they trust 2B
To never give up the ship (la la la)
She's got some special robot friends
To keep her from yanking her OS chiiiiip

Robot roll call!
2B!
9S!
Commander!
Pooooooooooooooood!

Now if you're wondering how that visor works
or why mackerels make her blue
Just say to yourself "it could be worse
Could be playing Drakengard 2"

But instead we're playing Niiiiiiiiieeeeeeeer Automaaaaaataaaaaa

Leraika fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 15, 2017

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.

The Dark Id posted:

Episode XXVII: In the Name... OF SCIENCE!

I’ve seen people be baffled as to how they progress here for Jackass’ quest as they kept eating the fish and dying. You... just don’t eat the fish, you drat idiot! The same fish you have to open the menu, which defaults to Quick Save the second you open it because you’re in a save zone, to tab over to the Item menu and manually eat said fish. There are a lot of trollish things in this game I won’t defend. You managing to not save for hours and get a bad ending eating that fish? That’s just entirely on you being a goddamn idiot! A huge loving moron. You should be put in a registry that bars you from handling heavy machinery or procreating if that gag got you and you bitched about it on the internet. That’s something that should come up in a background check so I know to toss that resume in the garbage immediately due to extreme incompetence.

ANYWAY, beyond the aborted fish experiment, Jackass also has a proper sidequest if you don’t eat the mackerel like a moron again.

I'm in a Dark Id Post! :neckbeard:

The Dark Id posted:

Here, look at this. See this reaction? It proves that android brains contain an algorithm which allows them to derive pleasure from battle! Without that, we’d probably have stopped fighting a long time ago. What a brutally efficient piece of evolution! It’s possible this is based on an identical pleasure center in the human brain. Man, those fleshbags really were something!

This? Right here? Is the start of a LOT of Nier Automata smut. Not that the internet needed help, mind you.

Nimsant
May 7, 2015

GeneX posted:

To be fair, Jackass is basically written in the same voice as Id's LP narration.

Yes.
I like the fact she doesn't have a voice actor. It lets me read the lines in the coolest voice I can imagine

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nimsant posted:

Yes.
I like the fact she doesn't have a voice actor. It lets me read the lines in the coolest voice I can imagine

She does have a VA, it's just that the side quest dialog isn't voiced.

Fun fact, her VA, Amanda C Miller, is also the VA for Sailor Jupiter in the english dub of Sailor Moon.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

... huh.

When I did this quest I hadn't met the two in the oil field, so Jackass just said there were people around who were selling the stuff.

Also, E-Drugs don't effect the pause screen, so I always made sure to take them from the quick menu to actually see the effect go off when you hit the button. It's really satisfying and once I found the dealers I probably used them at least twice per mission.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

So, androids - at least YoRHa androids - have literal Caim module in their brain.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Oh so you just... spam mirage to beat those challenges. I...I see.
I had so much goddamn trouble with getting through those. Even when I was like 10 levels above the enemies I barely made it through. The mirage tip would've been helpful :suicide:

Arkannoyed posted:

Robot roll call:
2B!
9S!
Commander!
Paaaaasssscal!

In the not too distant future,
10000AD~

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I had so much goddamn trouble with getting through those. Even when I was like 10 levels above the enemies I barely made it through. The mirage tip would've been helpful :suicide:

Yeah I did those "legitimately" (aka not knowing you could stack/charge pods and only having the Laser program) and it was rough. Fun, but the 30s-no-damage one definitely involved a chip setup that had a lot of +ATK and a bunch of HUD elements removed, and about 5 attempts on top of that.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
We made junkie androids, yay.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

God willing thats the worst we'll do in our mission to win back the earth.

:unsmigghh:

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Coughing Hobo posted:

There's something that's so delightfully perfect about the visual side-effects being a bunch of CRT horseshit.

There are actually a few different possibilities. Not all of them are CRT stuff.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Most combat sidequests are all about knowing how to use pod programs effectively. Hammer is also good at deshielding larger groups.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

There are a few pod programs and at least one chip ability that can take shields off the electric spike brigade.

silentbrains
Mar 18, 2009
Man, that android had hopes and dreams!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I am really surprised that waking up skirtless on a rooftop after a bender wasn't actually in the game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

AirborneNinja posted:

There are a few pod programs and at least one chip ability that can take shields off the electric spike brigade.

There's also volt salve to make you immune to shocks for a bit but I dont think its available quite this early in the game.

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

Synthbuttrange posted:

God willing thats the worst we'll do in our mission to win back the earth.

:unsmigghh:

This is a Yoko Taro game.

This will be the best we do in our mission to win back the earth.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Synthbuttrange posted:

There's also volt salve to make you immune to shocks for a bit but I dont think its available quite this early in the game.

They randomly drop even in the prologue.

I also remember getting a bunch in the fight against Simone.

Leraika fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 15, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

According to an image doing the rounds on the net, 2B's rear end has more polygons than the entirety of Ocarina of Time.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

According to an image doing the rounds on the net, 2B's rear end has more polygons than the entirety of Ocarina of Time.

That seems unlikely. OOT doesn't have a lot of polygons per model, but it has a heck of a lot of models.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Yeah I did those "legitimately" (aka not knowing you could stack/charge pods and only having the Laser program) and it was rough. Fun, but the 30s-no-damage one definitely involved a chip setup that had a lot of +ATK and a bunch of HUD elements removed, and about 5 attempts on top of that.

I just dodged and hit R1 which makes you fire a cannonball of magic laser at dudes. It's super easy to spam and does a lot of damage.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Qrr posted:

That seems unlikely. OOT doesn't have a lot of polygons per model, but it has a heck of a lot of models.

Eh, the dev's of Arkham Knight say that games Batman model has more polygons than the entirety of Asylum, so if that's possible then I can buy 2B's bum having more than OoT.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

InequalityGodzilla posted:

In the not too distant future,
10000AD~

I just gave up and stomped them at a later time.
But to be fair, I started that sidequest before I even went to pascals village.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Leraika posted:

Now 2B fought for YorHA

Robot roll call!
2B!
9S!
Commander!
Pooooooooooooooood!

Is this to the tune of something?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The mystery science theater 3000 intro song?

Its pretty fitting

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Leraika posted:

Now 2B fought for YorHA

Robot roll call!
2B!
9S!
Commander!
Pooooooooooooooood!

how did i overlook this criminally underquoted post :golfclap:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GOI
Aug 26, 2015

I'm both saddened by the fact someone actually counted and enjoy the fact we can now measure things by butt measurement.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
NieR: Automata - five butts out of five

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Unless they were talking about the high resolution model for prerendred cutscenes. That could have hundreds of thousands of polygons, especially if they also count her skirt.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

AirborneNinja posted:

Or, you know, just shoot off the electric spikes before going to town on them. What is this fancy, schmancy nonsense of abilities and programs?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Bugblatter posted:

Eh, the dev's of Arkham Knight say that games Batman model has more polygons than the entirety of Asylum, so if that's possible then I can buy 2B's bum having more than OoT.

They stuffed Batman full of random tetrahedrons. When he gets cut he bleeds Windows 98 screensavers.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Not even a half buttock.

What about texture data, though? If you add up the normal maps and whatnot, it might actually be more than OOT.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Missed the chance to make "2Butt" joke

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Texture data does not actually add any polygons or tris. Instead what it does is use the shader engine to give the illusion of more depth or geographic detail. Think of it as a way to make something look way more detailed than it really is without adding way more geometry to the model.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Doseku posted:

Texture data does not actually add any polygons or tris. Instead what it does is use the shader engine to give the illusion of more depth or geographic detail. Think of it as a way to make something look way more detailed than it really is without adding way more geometry to the model.

It's like Bob Ross giving you that sense of immersion. There's no actual depth but he makes you feel it

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

iospace posted:

Should I move on to the Drakengard 2 or 3 LP next?
Drakengard 2 can be skipped unless you you really want to see the misadventure of the dumbest protagonist in gaming. Yoko Taro didn't make that one and it shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Random Hajile posted:

Drakengard 2 can be skipped unless you you really want to see the misadventure of the dumbest protagonist in gaming. Yoko Taro didn't make that one and it shows.

Caim's appearances are really good.

Shame about literally every other part of the game.

"sup, anime von protagonist. a mute god of murder has just happened. also that nice lady who's been telling you to do things has just gone catatonic with terror. this is probably not good news for you."

• Locked thread