Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I

Pope Guilty posted:

Operating a bicycle while intoxicated is DUI, at least in the states, though it doesn't really make sense on one of these for that to apply to anybody but the person steering.

Ah, I wasn't entirely clear. These are beer-bikes, they have a keg of beer in the middle of the table you all sit around, and you serve yourself while you pedal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Red Oktober posted:

I

Ah, I wasn't entirely clear. These are beer-bikes, they have a keg of beer in the middle of the table you all sit around, and you serve yourself while you pedal.

Have these every been used for anything other than containing and fleecing dumb Americans terrorizing Münchners?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mrmcd posted:

Have these every been used for anything other than containing and fleecing dumb Americans terrorizing Münchners?

While perusing Nashville during my brother's bachelor party a couple years ago, there was a bachelorette party we ran into the night before that we saw the next day riding something similar to that. I got free drinks because one of them managed to spot me. She was toasted, which was hilarious.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They have them up in Northeast PA. Gotta survive without coal somehow.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They're a scourge here in Minneapolis. Everybody hates them.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I've seen them in NorCal and also in Bend, OR

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Keyser_Soze posted:

I've seen them in NorCal and also in Bend, OR

anywhere with a grip of breweries and cideries has 'em; seems wildly against the point as you only get one keg per bike so... why bother with that instead of exploring or doing a pub tour on busses? admittedly I hate them because the first time I saw one in the wild I was fried on mushrooms and the bike was populated with screaming juggalos in full paint.
that will ruin a trip for sure.

anyone else looking forward to Dinesh's eventual romantic crash and burn? I'm excited to see how Gilfoyle will somehow stymie their budding romance.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the escape goat posted:

fried on mushrooms and the bike was populated with screaming juggalos in full paint.
that sounds horrifying, congrats on your survival

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

gret posted:

They're a scourge here in Minneapolis. Everybody hates them.

Same here in Houston. A buddy of mine almost took one out on a Saturday afternoon awhile back, dude that was supposed to be steering was texting and they rolled right through a red light. My buddy was just grateful to be quick on the brakes.

the escape goat posted:

anyone else looking forward to Dinesh's eventual romantic crash and burn? I'm excited to see how Gilfoyle will somehow stymie their budding romance.

Gilfoyle will mindfuck Dinesh somehow. Or somehow change Mi4's opinion of him on the board. Or hopefully the writers have an even better idea than me, but yes, no matter what I'm looking forward to that.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If they bring Gavin in, it'll look like they ganked his career to open up his schedule.

I want this to happen, and I want Bighead to get credit.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

Gilfoyle will mindfuck Dinesh somehow.

He already did. That was what the scene where he was explaining how dangerous dating Mia can be was about.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I'd like Dinesh to get one over on Gilfoyle one day. Gilfoyle is an irredeemable rear end in a top hat and just shits all over Dinesh all day and then usually turns out to be right. That can be good but they've done it enough times now that it's stopped being interesting. Let's see Gilfoyle get screwed over.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

AgentF posted:

I'd like Dinesh to get one over on Gilfoyle one day. Gilfoyle is an irredeemable rear end in a top hat and just shits all over Dinesh all day and then usually turns out to be right. That can be good but they've done it enough times now that it's stopped being interesting. Let's see Gilfoyle get screwed over.

Well, he *almost* got screwed over once being the only 'illegal' on the team, but that was resolved quickly because ~reasons~.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

They definitely took his immediate work visa acceptance to an unrealistic extreme, but I can't imagine it'd be very difficult for a technically skilled Canadian who already has employment in the US to get approved. So it made sense in the context of being a tv show. I agree that I want to see Dinesh really smash Gilfoyle one time though, and I'm sure it'll eventually happen.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pharmaskittle posted:

They definitely took his immediate work visa acceptance to an unrealistic extreme, but I can't imagine it'd be very difficult for a technically skilled Canadian who already has employment in the US to get approved. So it made sense in the context of being a tv show. I agree that I want to see Dinesh really smash Gilfoyle one time though, and I'm sure it'll eventually happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1YSEDtyGKU

This also serves as the best Gilfoyle/Dinesh exchange in the whole series

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

mrmcd posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely.

British tourists also.

Add one to the people who would love to see Dinesh smash Gilfoyle .

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I'd like to see Gilfoyle actually come to respect Dinesh and find a new person they can both gang up on (Erlich, probably)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I want Gavin to think they ganked his career to make him available for the internet thing and to try to murder Richard

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Someone said backthread that every character is the best character and that couldn't be more accurate. There are no bad characters on this show. However, the best character is the focus group guy.

Colonel Whitey posted:

I'd like to see Gilfoyle actually come to respect Dinesh and find a new person they can both gang up on (Erlich, probably)

Gilfoyle and Dinesh's "friendship" is one of my favorite parts of the show.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

My earnest hope is for Richard and Gavin to somehow manage to work together after getting over their history. And Bighead gets them the early funding to make it work (and becoming the largest shareholder in the process), thus removing from both of them the thing they want most - control of the new company.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Dinesh and Gilfoyle Will gently caress

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Not hot dog...

:awesome:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I could write better Python with my rear end in a top hat

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Frankenstein's bulimic daughter lol

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Not a hotdog...

Good so long as Bighead keeps falling up

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Trigger Warning: gently caress You

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That was an all time Jared moment

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That Jared going murderous moment was crazy.

also "I would say not safe for work, but this is your work. For a year, at least."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

so many great burns in this one.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Erlich is entertaining but is an irredeemable piece of poo poo. He's a great character but probably the worst person in the show. He made out with his dream Pacific outdoor hangout spot and a Corvette with minimal effort and he still complains. I hope Jared murders him someday.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I'll talk them into suicide!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Erlich is entertaining but is an irredeemable piece of poo poo. He's a great character but probably the worst person in the show. He made out with his dream Pacific outdoor hangout spot and a Corvette with minimal effort and he still complains. I hope Jared murders him someday.

Evidently a souped-up, $150,000 Corvette, too. I'd imagine driving one of them in the Valley makes you worse than Hitler. Worse even than Russ, because at least his supercars announces he's 'tres comas' rich.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

I'll talk them into suicide!

Jared going nuts talking to Richard was very funny, Richard quietly taking the cheese knife away from him was just great.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jared going nuts talking to Richard was very funny, Richard quietly taking the cheese knife away from him was just great.

What was even better was Gavin apparently not even apparently recognizing Jared, like the former Hooli guy didn't. Not even a 'Judas' look.

Also, I'm looking forward to Dinesh's girlfriend destroying everything when Gavin makes Richard's tech some existential threat to the ~free internet~ (like levying a 'technology tax' on everyone who has a smartphone because they're part of the universal network), because *that's* coming. There's no way this doesn't end with the SV equivalent of Mr. Burns' thinking he's doing a good thing.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 15, 2017

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Who wants a hot dog?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Oh man that description

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Loved the "spaces not tabs" inclusion. Some people get really worked up over that.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
One of the best episodes of the series so far. Jin yang and Erlich together just slay me.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Shooting Blanks posted:

Loved the "spaces not tabs" inclusion. Some people get really worked up over that.

Yea the season 1 (I think?) thread was unreadable for a good months because people really care about this and hell if people here aren't going to hear about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I feel like they've settled into a really fun groove with Erlich constantly being owned by Jian Yang.

• Locked thread