Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

And there are multiple people in this thread saying how they're just starting to watch it.

Thanks Pissflaps this would legit have spoiled me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Same, I haven't watched it yet.

The general consensus for spoilers is it's fine to do it in specific show threads after it's aired, but not in general chats like this and couch.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Same, I haven't watched it yet.

The general consensus for spoilers is it's fine to do it in specific show threads after it's aired, but not in general chats like this and couch.

you resubbed to talk about eurovision?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can you lot hurry a bit and catch up already, so I can complain about Noel Fielding?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Khablam posted:

you resubbed to talk about eurovision?

I built the voting site and it didn't work without my account being live, it seems. I had a few months off which was nice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Pissflaps takes spoilers extremely seriously and his wife is a dirty birdy

So then why does he need the robot?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Paladinus posted:

Can you lot hurry a bit and catch up already, so I can complain about Noel Fielding?

Other than the banana what's up with him? He's actually surprisingly boring, like he's too shy to actually do anything. He's really not what I expected at all!

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Taear posted:

Other than the banana what's up with him? He's actually surprisingly boring, like he's too shy to actually do anything. He's really not what I expected at all!

Noel Fielding always struck me as a guy trying really hard to fight a natural shyness

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Taear posted:

This is essentially what I wanted to complain about.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Is Bigheads as horrendous as I imagine it will be?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gum posted:

Noel Fielding always struck me as a guy trying really hard to fight a natural shyness
I've seen him in a ton of stuff now and he's on point when he has a script or someone to play off of like on Big Fat Quiz, but when he's on his own like in QI he tends to get overshadowed somewhat.

Caught Mindhorn, it was alright. I feel like it could have profited from a third writer/director with a little more sensitivity for 80s throwbacks and action comedy. Imagine what Edgar Wright could have made of it. I also got very mixed messages whether Mindhorn the show was supposed to be an all-time TV classic or some forgotten local derivative - all the dialogue points to the latter, but there's all that merchandise.

e: I guess "massive success in its heyday, now for retro hipsters" works. But why then is there no DVD release already I mean come on

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 08:24 on May 15, 2017

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I saw a fragment of it on a muted tv while shopping and it stopped me dead in my tracks for a good minute or so.

Best way to watch it imho.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

My Lovely Horse posted:

I've seen him in a ton of stuff now and he's on point when he has a script or someone to play off of like on Big Fat Quiz, but when he's on his own like in QI he tends to get overshadowed somewhat.

Caught Mindhorn, it was alright. I feel like it could have profited from a third writer/director with a little more sensitivity for 80s throwbacks and action comedy. Imagine what Edgar Wright could have made of it. I also got very mixed messages whether Mindhorn the show was supposed to be an all-time TV classic or some forgotten local derivative - all the dialogue points to the latter, but there's all that merchandise.

I feel like it wasn't because he didn't want to release it, in the same way as it ended on series 3 - he wanted to do 'proper stuff'. Windjammer, is that a local only show that nobody else cares about? Because if it isn't why does he still live on the isle of man?
I do think it was a bit confused there.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Victorian Successville is fantastic. I'm still chuffed in the last episode the crime was actually solved!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dikkfor posted:

I saw a fragment of it on a muted tv while shopping and it stopped me dead in my tracks for a good minute or so.

Best way to watch it imho.

The ad came on tv while visiting in laws and I felt like Matilda eating dinner with her family.

Little Boy Blue was overall good, although understandably not for everyone given the subject matter. Stephen Graham knocks it out of the park as always.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I DON'T WANT TO BE A DRAGON WALLIAMS!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I just discovered Murder in Successville thanks to this thread and it's amazing. I get legitimately excited when they solve the crime.

Vicky Pattison was surprisingly good, and I was really happy for her when she got it right

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Reggie Yates got really into it, so much so he forgot to examine a vital clue when improv poo poo was going crazy!

All the actors involved that show are fantastic to watch.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Never seen it, just YT'ed some clips.

Shows like this make ISIS a genuine benefit for mankind.

I pity Jason Manford for taking this one, even Keith Chegwin wouldn't do this I bet you.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9fCG6vTFBg

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Really, I don't know what to say. I am both bemused, horrified and confused. And a little bit entertained.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
So it's just It's A Knockout and the titular giant celebrity caricature heads don't actually factor into anything at all and are just sort of there? Got to wonder if this the end result of some poor bastard's pitch for a new Spitting Image stye satire show.

Still marginally a better idea for a gameshow than Don't Scare the Hare was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhd__iE62RA

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone had a fever dream and pitched it just right.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr Phillby posted:

So it's just It's A Knockout and the titular giant celebrity caricature heads don't actually factor into anything at all and are just sort of there? Got to wonder if this the end result of some poor bastard's pitch for a new Spitting Image stye satire show.

Still marginally a better idea for a gameshow than Don't Scare the Hare was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhd__iE62RA

The heads are there so the presenters can do lovely quips, to replace the names of the nobodies competing for cash underneath.
No one cares if Steven from Newcastle is the contestant, and its too expensive to hire the real celeb (if alive), so lets all pretend with our Jeremy Kyle lizard brain that its the real William Shakespeare!
Full marks for the marketing and brand thinking, but it should be a kids show where you could teach them about the Bighead, not full prime time.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

C4 has The Handmaid's Tale. Relatively big get for them.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I watched Three Girls from the BBC.

Jesus Christ. :smith:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Gyles Brandreth is hilarious, but he really is a piece of poo poo. His HIGNFY appearance just embodies politics as a game without any actual conviction. gently caress him.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Wheat Loaf posted:

Three girls was absolutely amazing. Best drama I've seen in years.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Wheat Loaf posted:

I had to turn it off in the middle of the first episode. Too loving bleak for me.

(Also, bears no explanation: Don't look up people's thoughts on it on twitter.)

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I had to turn it off in the middle of the first episode. Too loving bleak for me.

(Also, bears no explanation: Don't look up people's thoughts on it on twitter.)

I'm curious what horrible opinions twitter has. Was it victim blaming, or "all muslims are pedos?" Or a little of both?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

SEX BURRITO posted:

I'm curious what horrible opinions twitter has. Was it victim blaming, or "all muslims are pedos?" Or a little of both?

Let's just say that a lot of people were chatting to Tommy Robinson about it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The usual shower of racists are regrettably predictable. However, the programme itself does very well to make sure that our attention is kept where it ought to be: on the children who were victimised and abused, and then failed by the social services.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Bacon Terrorist posted:

They had it on in the pub yesterday. Jason Manford was hosting it, looking like he'd lost the will to live. I don't know what the end game is, but it had rounds of people with big plastic heads getting smashed and falling off things. Terrible entertainment that I would very much like to be a contestant on.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Rihanna head had a plaster on her forehead because domestic violence is funny, apparently? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

thehustler posted:

Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

Probably whatever genius was behind this:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Oh my god, Suffer Little Children. That's so loving awful it genuinely made me laugh. Holy poo poo.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Wheat Loaf posted:

:psyduck:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Hope everybody is okay, UK TV thread :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So the much trailed White Gold starts tonight. There's a serious darth of British drama/comedy worth watching at the moment so hopefully it's not a turd...