Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I rather dislike the notion that interesting subtext = good movie, like if the text is turgid and incoherent then who loving gives a poo poo about the subtext

BvS is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is King Arthur bad in any funny ways? It seems to be crashing and burning in amazing fashion, is it just a boring failed summer blockbuster or did it try to do something dumb?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

cat doter posted:

I rather dislike the notion that interesting subtext = good movie, like if the text is turgid and incoherent then who loving gives a poo poo about the subtext

BvS is bad

There's nothing nerds love more than trying to workshop a bad film into a good one through `*analysis*`.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

I'm glad the Chapo thread is also a place for people to glorify people who violently physically and also psychologically abuse their partners in the name of justice.

lol shut up gamergate bitch

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

is King Arthur bad in any funny ways? It seems to be crashing and burning in amazing fashion, is it just a boring failed summer blockbuster or did it try to do something dumb?

It seems to be half fun Guy Ritchie movie about King Arthur mating about with his lads and half boring wizard poo poo.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

cat doter posted:

BvS is bad

I agree

Like the Star Wars prequels!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

I'm glad the Chapo thread is also a place for people to glorify people who violently physically and also psychologically abuse their partners in the name of justice.

Triggered much my dude

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
im only mad that the loser who posted his insane screed on 4chan and reddit to assemble a personal army doesnt have a hard consonant in his name so i could combine it with cuck

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

there is no problem with ethics in video game journalism because there is no such thing

also bvs was fine and it doesn't matter what other people think about movies you oversensitive fuckin dipshits

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

also bvs was fine and it doesn't matter what other people think about movies you oversensitive fuckin dipshits

you realize the only people who ever say this are cined posters who are seriously salty about getting dragged for being Movie Idiots right

like you clearly care a whole lot about what other people think of that movie if you're calling them "oversensitive dipshits" for saying it was bad

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

you realize the only people who ever say this are cined posters who are seriously salty about getting dragged for being Movie Idiots right

like you clearly care a whole lot about what other people think of that movie if you're calling them "oversensitive dipshits" for saying it was bad
lol settle down all i said was it was fine

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Single reviews and reviewers are meaningless. Aggregate scores are loving concrete, though. 28% on RottenTomatoes. That is NOT a good film.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TetsuoTW posted:

lol settle down all i said was it was fine

YOU MONSTER

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Lol at you guys talking about batman vs superman when the best chapo movie review was REIGN OVER ME.

Saw that poo poo in theaters and was knocked out by how bad it was. Though to be fair that was my fault for going in the first place.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I always have trouble getting started on the Karim Zidan episodes (don't care about MMA), but again, I wind up really enjoying it once I make it over that hump. He's a good guy. :thumbsup:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The only person who'd watch these movies is someone full of bourbon and bad decisions.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

prefect posted:

I always have trouble getting started on the Karim Zidan episodes (don't care about MMA), but again, I wind up really enjoying it once I make it over that hump. He's a good guy. :thumbsup:

Haven't heard the one he did with Felix alone, but this latest one was loving incredible. Yet another Good Chapo.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Lol at you guys talking about batman vs superman when the best chapo movie review was REIGN OVER ME.

Saw that poo poo in theaters and was knocked out by how bad it was. Though to be fair that was my fault for going in the first place.

The Conqueror is also a good one

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

I Before E posted:

The Conqueror is also a good one

DANCE FOR CHAPO

Serf
May 5, 2011

prefect posted:

yeah i'm not really up on the current situation in chechnya so it was a really informative listen. kinda hard to get into, but one of the more important chapos recently imo

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Anita Sarkeesian.
Antifa Sarkeesian.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The Narrator posted:

DANCE FOR CHAPO
NOT SO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsqlYsdPKSc
Happy mothers day folks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Come on boys just say it, "America is a failing state."

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 15, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
FYI they listed a ton of reasons as to why it is at the beginning of the latest episode. It fukken rulez!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Apoplexy posted:

Single reviews and reviewers are meaningless. Aggregate scores are loving concrete, though. 28% on RottenTomatoes. That is NOT a good film.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

n.ice

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

There's nothing nerds love more than trying to workshop a bad film into a good one through `*analysis*`.

*in extremely hbomberguy voice* BvS may seem like a massive pile of poo poo, but if you pretend that it isn't a Randian movie and examine it through a freshman tier Zizekian lens and ignore that the filmography and acting is bad, it's actually a brilliant movie and you're an idiot for hating it

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I know! He's awesome and I hope the Chapo Boys and Gal do give him an episode.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Can't wait for when Zack Snyder's earnest adaption of The Fountainhead comes out, with everyone on CineD falling over themselves trying to read it as a parody in line with Verhoeven's Starship Troopers.

Serf
May 5, 2011

after watching 300 i can't imagine snyder wouldn't love to be the riefenstahl of our time

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
*ironically inserts penis between hard buttcheeks of another muscular man*

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

*in extremely hbomberguy voice* BvS may seem like a massive pile of poo poo, but if you pretend that it isn't a Randian movie and examine it through a freshman tier Zizekian lens and ignore that the filmography and acting is bad, it's actually a brilliant movie and you're an idiot for hating it
You'd have to be a proper dipshit to think BvS is Randian.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I think the CineD "TRANSFORMERS: KNIGHT ON EARTH is a devastating critique of capital" people are actually worse than the fuckwits waving "SAVE ME DUMBLEDORE" signs at marches, because at least the fuckwits are out there marching. All the movie Marxists ever seem to do is post

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

It really is the best outcome that someone came here to defend a bad comic book movie

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Phobophilia posted:

*ironically inserts penis between hard buttcheeks of another muscular man*

Don't make me come over there and suck your dick, man. I do not want to do this but god help me I will if that's what it takes.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

a cyberpunk goose posted:

It really is the best outcome that someone came here to defend a bad comic book movie
They're all bad.

Except Blade.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Alaois posted:

You are super mad someone likes a movie you don't like.

SunAndSpring posted:

That's not what the word "filmography" means.

a cyberpunk goose posted:

I just think that the Volcel/Incel and Turkish politics read wasn't very entertaining, not nearly as good as Family Court Suicide Squad and the Reign Over Me one.

How 'bout that Chapo Trap House podcast? It's pretty good. I'm emailing my review of Sucker Punch to David French's wife.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 15, 2017

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
i liked the part in sucker punch where the lady with the giant boobs shot a gun or something sexism is over

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

CineD puts more thought into their massive treatise on bad movies than the directors did or were allowed to in the end, the way that most big budget movie sausages get made today is lifeless. The writers have to play an elaborate connect the dots game every month as their budgets are threatened or reshoots have to occur (or not occur) or one of the producers really wants a specific scene or funny moment etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Capitalism makes things suck a lot of the time