Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Got my first grenade kill tonight. Had an mp5 vs a guy fully loaded with weapons. He was hiding in a one story house. I didn't want to engage head on and decided to throw a grenade and hopefully flush him out if not injure or kill him. Got a lucky bounce off a wall through the door and killed him. Really satisfying to get a grenade kill in this game.

In short, grenades are super useful but half the time things get so frantic that I forget to use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Got down to me and the last guy. He had hidden behind a beached boat since the final 10 or so and stayed there refusing to move at all. I took a few minutes to prone shimmy around the edge of the final zone to get a spot almost on top of him from the riverbank. I creep over the bank, see him, and panic; not noticing at all that he still thinks i'm on the other side and is oblivious to me being behind him. I forgot to take my gun off of burst so my frantic clicking sends my gun up in the air with recoil and he whips around and two shots me.

:negative:

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 15, 2017

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

the physics in this game sometimes man

https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidAgreeableSoymilkSoBayed

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Patch notes for tomorrow:

quote:

The main servers will be updated with the new patch tomorrow, Tuesday May 16th, at 5 PM KST/1 AM PDT/8 AM UTC

Early Access - Week 8 Patch Notes

Client Performances Improvements
Slightly improved the drop in FPS when driving vehicles

Anti Cheat
In order to prevent using "lag switch" to cheat, the characters will now be locked and will not be able to move, rotate and attack others when the ping exceeds a certain value
You will no longer be able to remove the environment foliage by revising the .ini file

Custom Games
Fixed the issue that was causing the sound to break when there are too many vehicles in a small area

Bug Fixes
Partially fixed a bug that caused the character to get stuck in different objects in the environment
Partially fixed a bug that caused the game client to freeze
Fixed a bug that caused the crosshair to still be visible while in no-UI mode
Temporarily removed the flash bang from the game as it was causing game clients to freeze/crash

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lol
https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyEasyPizzaBrainSlug

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

That exact thing happened to me earlier and I fired 4 shots into him. In the meantime he turned and headshot killed me to win the surprise bush war. I'll see if I still have the clip when I get home.

I wonder what that ping threshold will be. I get quite laggy at times with my super slow internet connection. Wish I could see my latency in game to know what I average.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Patch notes for tomorrow:

Nice. The two of the three things that get me killed are removed from the game.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

AzureSkys posted:

I wonder what that ping threshold will be. I get quite laggy at times with my super slow internet connection. Wish I could see my latency in game to know what I average.

I wonder if it will just freeze player inputs or if people will bug out in vehicles when they go over the threshold.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is it possible to get 1 shot with lvl 2 body armor and lvl 2 helmet? I was hiding in a bunker house in the final 10 and someone entered my house, I creeped out the washroom and he turned around to shoot me dead in a single hit. Shotgun perhaps? I wish I caught what it was but it seemed kinda unfair. Good match tho with my friend.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Is it possible to get 1 shot with lvl 2 body armor and lvl 2 helmet? I was hiding in a bunker house in the final 10 and someone entered my house, I creeped out the washroom and he turned around to shoot me dead in a single hit. Shotgun perhaps? I wish I caught what it was but it seemed kinda unfair. Good match tho with my friend.

Shotguns can do that but also any sniper rifle (except the SKS) to the head will do that.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Vintersorg posted:

I feel like I get 1 shot in all the time by SCAR-Ls even when wearing lvl2 gear. I ran into a person in a house and I dumped at least 5 rounds of an UZI into him (saw the blood splatter) within 2 feet of him then I died by "A headshot from a SCAR-L" while dancing around. I have to assume it's a desync issue; Where only my client saw my rounds hit him and he only shooting me once, but maybe server side he killed me with a burst before I got any rounds off.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

TracerM17 posted:

I feel like I get 1 shot in all the time by SCAR-Ls even when wearing lvl2 gear. I ran into a person in a house and I dumped at least 5 rounds of an UZI into him (saw the blood splatter) within 2 feet of him then I died by "A headshot from a SCAR-L" while dancing around. I have to assume it's a desync issue; Where only my client saw my rounds hit him and he only shooting me once, but maybe server side he killed me with a burst before I got any rounds off.

I notice this game does get de sync like crazy when players are near each other in houses.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Shotguns can do that but also any sniper rifle (except the SKS) to the head will do that.

especially shotguns with a choke, i one shot a dude trying to leave the second floor of a guard shack with a distance of maybe 25 to 30m, his level 2 vest was shredded. i was using the s1897

it's possible he had damage already tho but he was full of FAK, painkillers and e drinks so ? ? ?

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Vintersorg posted:

I'd imagine properly aiming a single 3 round burst from the M16 will do it too, and it would probably look like a single shot on your screen.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

TracerM17 posted:

The SCAR won't one shot you but you won't hear all the shots enemies do when they go full auto so he might have hit you with 3-5 rounds while you only heard one bang. Also the desync could make it look funky of course.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 15, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I've been one shot wearing the level 3 helmet.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyClumsyTaroBlargNaut

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That was me yesterday shooting someone on a bridge and just not killing em, haha.

Despite the one-shot yesterday this game is still so goddamn good. Always a unique experience.

One match I thought I was alone running through a field since I dropped on the opposite side of the island from where the plane came in. Came up to a shack and bam, dead - someone else just decided to hide in there for god knows how long. :lol:

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord

Vintersorg posted:

This video doesn't cover shotguns, but could be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWvhTRC8sUA

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
if yall ever get the chance to, as a squad, find multiple cars while the zone is closing in on the military island to the south, you should blockade the bridge with your cars

its a good way to get kills and catch people off guard, also its fun, and also also it leads to real funny voicechat

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Shotguns will blast through any and all armor like it wasn't even there if you manage to get all the pellets on a dude (since there isn't damage falloff as of yet).

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I got frustrated just watching this.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Party Plane Jones posted:

Shotguns will blast through any and all armor like it wasn't even there if you manage to get all the pellets on a dude (since there isn't damage falloff as of yet).

Yes there is.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

I got frustrated just watching this.

I've had a dude lag out/disconnect so he ended up running in a straight line and couldn't be killed. Seems to be what is happening here. That phenomenon is not really new in games though but one could argue that it's important that they are dropped instantly in a game such as pubg.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

boy are my arms tired posted:

if yall ever get the chance to, as a squad, find multiple cars while the zone is closing in on the military island to the south, you should blockade the bridge with your cars

its a good way to get kills and catch people off guard, also its fun, and also also it leads to real funny voicechat

Any time the plane starts over the south flying northbound my friend and I always do this. Let the military base early birds bring the worms to you!

We jump out on the north side of the bridge and loot the coastal farm + 2 side houses that is just west of the northern bridge. Then we run to the bridge, securing a car for blockade if we can, otherwise simply going prone behind the oil barrels next to the military transport vehicle.

Always shoot out the tires first rather than the driver. Way easier to hit and it causes their car to crash or stall out in the middle of the bridge with no nearby cover. If they use the car as cover, just keep shooting it until it blows up taking them with it.

If we get a car, sometimes we like to take that down and hide it behind the military transport vehicle so that it isn't visible from people driving from the south of the bridge. You then have someone drive the car out at the last second to crash into them as they are speeding across. Your friend then throws a grenade at their car as they are busy trying to get out and get oriented.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I've had a dude lag out/disconnect so he ended up running in a straight line and couldn't be killed. Seems to be what is happening here. That phenomenon is not really new in games though but one could argue that it's important that they are dropped instantly in a game such as pubg.

Yeah I've never seen a game handle disconnected players like PUBG and it's really bizarre.

e: I wonder if they want to handle rejoining so that's why your character doesn't disappear from the world but it's only half-finished

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah I've never seen a game handle disconnected players like PUBG and it's really bizarre.

e: I wonder if they want to handle rejoining so that's why your character doesn't disappear from the world but it's only half-finished

I think they use the lobby to prerender character models, and logging back in clears the cache of the models. I imagine that is one of the many problems they face for rejoining a game in progress.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
had a game where I got lucky and picked up a crate with an AWM/scope in it, then got to the point where the southern island was cut off and like five people had to try to boat/swim to the main island while I sat on the beach with said AWM. Feels good man.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
I'm gonna miss crashbangs. Also when is the game getting an f2000 so I can pretend I'm playing STALKER over in-game voice comms?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I'm gonna miss crashbangs. Also when is the game getting an f2000 so I can pretend I'm playing STALKER over in-game voice comms?

If they added exosuit armor then you could stand in doorways and tell people to get out of here

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

That's what I figured. Like they server is giving the player the benefit of the doubt to see if it was just a small outage in your connection (seems to be the way some MMO's do it).
I don't see how they could add a rejoining feature in a game mode like this though. I don't see an elegant way of doing it without it possibly being a bit exploitable.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

That's what I figured. Like they server is giving the player the benefit of the doubt to see if it was just a small outage in your connection (seems to be the way some MMO's do it).
I don't see how they could add a rejoining feature in a game mode like this though. I don't see an elegant way of doing it without it possibly being a bit exploitable.

If the player model remains static in the game world and can be killed by other players (and by the blue line) there would be no exploitable advantage.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

a flashbang crashed me also, dunno how to fix it though. They really, really need to fix the crashing. Doing so twice in a row, right after restarting the game in an effort to keep it from crashing, made me quit playing out of frustration earlier today.

They're temp patching Crashbangs out tomorrow until it can be fixed.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I played this game last night.

It was fun. Especially when I accidentally dropped wayyyy before I was supposed to and ended up way away from my group. Literally everything you do is tense and that's awesome. Will play more tonight.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

okay

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Chard posted:

Yo if you are not running this game on an SSD then you fuckin oughta be. I moved it from my HDD tonight and it fixed 110% of the performance problems I'd been having.

Move it to an m.2 drive and be ready to have your mind blown.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

gently caress. Ended up 3rd in solo game. I should have used different cover or tried to stay longer in blue to see if someone moves. It gets really tense in the end.. goddamnit!

I killed only four guys I think. One who dropped on the same hospital floor but I got the shotgun. 2nd inside, 3rd was running before me and I followed him with silenced UMP to get the kill. 4th one was nearly in the end, had to shoot to head twice thanks to his lvl3 helmet. 5th guy got me instead because he saw me first.. I wish cars had a free mode so I could use uaz as rolling cover.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 15, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Ihmemies posted:

gently caress. Ended up 3rd in solo game. I should have used different cover or tried to stay longer in blue to see if someone moves. It gets really tense in the end.. goddamnit!

I killed only four guys I think. One who dropped on the same hospital floor but I got the shotgun. 2nd inside, 3rd was running before me and I followed him with silenced UMP to get the kill. 4th one was nearly in the end, had to shoot to head twice thanks to his lvl3 helmet. 5th guy got me instead because he saw me first.. I wish cars had a free mode so I could use uaz as rolling cover.

When it's down to the final circle(s), never "wait it out" in the blue field/gas, because the health loss ticks get gradually larger.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I got top two. I would have won but the other guy lucked out and his tree stayed in and mine got zoned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Bushiz posted:

I got top two. I would have won but the other guy lucked out and his tree stayed in and mine got zoned out.

Sounds like you need to get better.

Update to pacifist run: success! 0 hits, 0 kills, 1 chicken dinner. People were too afraid to shoot the guy running around throwing smoke grenades everywhere in the middle of the field and give up their position.

• Locked thread