Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Shadow225 posted:

thank you.

i don't want to spoil this game, but everyone should watch skt we today. bless

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol is SKT actually gonna win this game

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

WE played really well, but literally nothing about this game makes me go "Hey, they could upset SKT in a Bo5" :geno:

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011
Turtle decided to AFK?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
bye TSM

maybe in 2018 NA will have an internationally competent team, would be nice to have one at some point

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Bjergson won't go all in on any of these engagements. Maybe he'll die, but they certainly aren't going to win with him being such a pussy.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I will say Maple's walls have been absolutely amazing

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hauntzer with the teleport of the tournament.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Jayisspecial posted:

Bjergson won't go all in on any of these engagements. Maybe he'll die, but they certainly aren't going to win with him being such a pussy.

They've played like cowards all game and just let themselves be bled out.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
They really should not let Bjerg play Ryze. This isn't the first game this tournament Hauntzer jumps into one of his realm warps to die alone in the middle of the enemy team. If this wasn't their last game in MSI, i doubt it would be the last either.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Dragongem posted:

bye TSM

maybe in 2018 NA will have an internationally competent team, would be nice to have one at some point

This team will probably not have Wild Turtle on it.

Edit: to be fair to Turtle, everyone but Bio has poo poo the bed multiple times in this tournament.

Jayisspecial fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 15, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BYE TSM!

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Jayisspecial posted:

This team will probably not have Wild Turtle on it.

it will have doublelift, who is a mechanically more competent wildturtle

unfortunately this still means he'll die for literally zero reason

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
All I want is my region to not be an absolute embarrassment :smith:

oh well at least it means I won't need to devote any time next weekend, at least :toot:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
can we get TSM Levi and TSM Forg1ven please?

I hate TSM so I don't really care but surely that would be more entertaining and good

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
Well, it was pretty disappointing overall as a TSM fan. First days were inexcusably lovely. Sven felt like he was singlehandedly losing them early game, but admittedly got better when it was too late. Draft was poo poo. Why would you ever try to play through WT and Sven by putting Bjerg on Lulu? Simply mind blowing that they play better when Bjerg is on a Jayce and Hauntzer on a Rumble. Speaking of which, basically looked like Haunzter didn't feel like playing last game.

I like WT, but I'm looking forward to DL. I hope Sven is around for Summer, because he is good. Just quit doing stupid things for no benefit.

I can't believe how much Phreak and EU caster I hate I subjected myself to for this.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

pahuyuth posted:

can we get TSM Levi and TSM Forg1ven please?

I hate TSM so I don't really care but surely that would be more entertaining and good

Levi is good but I don't think TSM can match the dude's intensity. They are too passive and I think it's going to end up with Levi dying alone half the time.

I feel like Marines might become a great team with maybe a few swaps and some changes here and there but I don't know how you could fix TSM. Like doublelift is gonna help sure but they are still gonna be pummeled at worlds unless they somehow magically become more decisive and learn how to cleanly and efficiently close out a game.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

That draft was terrible. Why are you prioritizing Ez over Lee Sin? Why did you leave the Ashe up? Just ugh.

Hot taking hard right now, but they need to grab a new coach, have someone else shot call, replace Sven if he can only play Lee, and Turtle is already spoken for.

I legitimately don't know what the game plan is. I don't remember Sven ever ganking. If you are trying to counter jungle, you are depending on your lanes winning themselves. Laning goes on longer, but your mid to lte game shot calling is abysmal. You leave Honker splitting in a side lane on a tank, and you don't take anything when 3 people are sent to kill him and fail.

I don't even feel like trying to think about it anymore.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

That draft was terrible. Why are you prioritizing Ez over Lee Sin? Why did you leave the Ashe up? Just ugh.
they put a ton of emphasis on ezreal-karma as a particular combination, mainly because it wins trades against pretty much any 2v2 and they're both champions that turtle and bio are naturally comfortable on in early and mid. i personally do think you go karma-lee and then hope ez is still up honestly, i kinda get it. they kinda had to leave ashe up - ezreal and graves is a weird combination because graves generally wants you to run around the map at around 15-20 minutes as 4 whereas ezreal wants to slowly scale and has poo poo tower pushing. so in order to not be weaker at every point of the game, you either have to have an insanely strong top-jungle-mid combo early (actually difficult because of how weak tanks are atm and graves' lack of natural setup) or you need to ensure that you're going to win fights late. which means twitch and kog have to be banned away. even though betty's ashe is good, it's not like the comp wasn't inured against it - ezreal should be hard to hit, karma can rush mikael's, graves doesn't go down quickly (and then shen and ryze are kinda more awkward).

Shadow225 posted:

I legitimately don't know what the game plan is. I don't remember Sven ever ganking. If you are trying to counter jungle, you are depending on your lanes winning themselves. Laning goes on longer, but your mid to lte game shot calling is abysmal. You leave Honker splitting in a side lane on a tank, and you don't take anything when 3 people are sent to kill him and fail.
i didnt like the draft because the first half was incongruous with the second. the first is kinda as i said - you have a slow, but safe, bot lane and a jungler who generally wont die 1v1, so the bot side of the map should be fairly stable, so you can neuter much possibility for them to make aggressive plays into jungle or onto bot lane and then wait it out. but then shen-ryze...yes, you then have that scary counter-roaming, but that implies a far more aggressive approach towards bot side/jungle, and a far more unsafe late game in return.

sven actually played to the conditions of the draft pretty well in that regard, but you could see the panic after hauntzer got pushed around in the top matchup and lost first tower. if they can adjust a bit more quickly, seize any unsafe objectives, hold a decent vision line, they're still fine. but they got run off the map - we've seen that a lot this tournament from most of the teams (where teams instantly go from 0-1 in towers to 0-3), and i don't actually have a great explanation as to why except lack of defensive drilling throughout the season perhaps

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why did sven just try to invade that blue buff with hauntzer nowhere near.

was that playing to the conditions in the draft :v:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Lol TSM actually lost the tie breaker ?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i guess sven had a debt to repay to the people of taiwan

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Ehh if TSM were a better team they wouldn't have run into such stupid tie breaker rules in the first place

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Does this mean NA doesn't have a 1. seed team at worlds?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Does this mean NA doesn't have a 1. seed team at worlds?

Yeah both the 1st and 2nd seeded NA team will end up in pool 2

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Taiwan will have more teams at worlds than NA.

Also gently caress TSM. Every single time they go to an international tourney they pee pee poo poo in their chairs. I would've much rather have had CLG in their place, at least they have a decent record.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
hahahahahahah oh TSM never change

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Max Coveri posted:

Taiwan will have more teams at worlds than NA.

They'll still both have 3 teams. Losing a first seed is unfortunate, but hell it worked out for EU last season.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Redmark posted:

They'll still both have 3 teams. Losing a first seed is unfortunate, but hell it worked out for EU last season.

Lets ask G2 how well that worked out for them

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Redmark posted:

Actually doesn't the #3 seed have to play through a different tournament bracket (with the wildcards) just to get into groups now?

edit;

they do

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Looks like the only impact MSI has on that part is that it looks like the GPL gets the non-play in wildcard spot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The MSI play-in has arguably been the most entertaining part of MSI so far so I'm all for them doing it again for Worlds.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Wuxi posted:

Lets ask G2 how well that worked out for them

G2 couldn't advance in a group with the 4th best NA team and a wildcard, that's their problem

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the most important thing at worlds isn't getting a pool 1 seed, it's not having a korean team in your group

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lovechop posted:

the most important thing at worlds isn't getting a pool 1 seed, it's not having a korean team in your group

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Wait, Chris, do you not work for TSM anymore? Everything moves too fast and I can't remember

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nice to see G2 finally making it out of groups despite them looking really bad probably as bad as TSM. I would rather take GAM over them. Perkz has been really impressive imo. Faker poo poo on him in the first game but the rematch Perkz pushed Faker around too. All 4 mids are really good. Too bad Perkz has to play with Trick who is useless in international competition.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

They should go ahead and pick up trixk2g so they can have G2TRICK2G

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
trick2g is the nega realm version of G2 trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
The fact there is a player called Trick on G2, and Trick2g the streamer confused the gently caress out of me for a good 10 minutes the first time I saw G2 play!

• Locked thread