Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Khablam posted:

It was a racing incident.
I'm not sure why people are trying to assign blame.
Bottas under-braked himself at which point max and kimi are both avoiding a concertina more than anything else

I think Bottas overbraked and Verstappen underbraked and Kimi was caught in the middle.
I do agree that it was a racing incident though.

As to why people are trying to assign blame, gently caress Max why did Kiimi have to pay for his sins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

verstappen sucks and is an idiot

OhsH posted:

i would beg to differ, based upon my rigorous thought process of

1.) he bad

2.) he dumb

Finally somebody sees the truth.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Finally somebody sees the truth.

I think this is playground romance where you act really mean about your one true love

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Max is the kid who discovered hes actually fast as poo poo and figures the racecraft just came automatically

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

learnincurve posted:

It was sheer rookie level arrogance to push kimi sideways instead of leaving the track.

Source your quotes

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Forget that corner one poo poo, that all happened so fast it just happens and whoever is in the wrong spot gets a dicking.

Bottas yesterday was about holding off a 4x WDC in a fast car and really making a pretty fantastic show out of it

Lewis was very good too but as if we werent all loling at URGENT RACETIME lewis voice. Seb does one too but Lewis was great

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

Didn't sky say Perez had or was coming close to the record for longest point scoring streak with 17 races.

Tbh, starting mid pack and avoiding everyone else's gently caress ups does show a staggering amount of spacial awareness. Take That chucklefuck Bottas. Don't blame Max or Kimi for that, no loving poo poo Sherlock there is going to be more than one car alongside you going into the first corner. if you are on the outside it's not just the guy next to you you have to watch for, it's the others next to him that you can't see that's the problem. It was sheer rookie level arrogance to push kimi sideways instead of leaving the track. He had such a slim chance of not taking himself out with that move and it's a huge shame he didn't because, like Rosberg when he kept pulling that poo poo, he's learned nothing and will do it again. :impotentshakefist:

So let me get this straight. You are blaming Bottas for this whole incident?

What do you think he should have done here? He had position at the start of the corner. It is Kimi and Max's responsibility to pass him without incident.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

Bottas yesterday was about holding off a 4x WDC in a fast car and really making a pretty fantastic show out of it

Are you high all the time?

Seb passed him with a straight line speed deficit on the second try. That's not "fantastic".
Bottas sucks rear end on any track that isn't russia

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Khablam posted:

Are you high all the time?

Seb passed him with a straight line speed deficit on the second try. That's not "fantastic".
Bottas sucks rear end on any track that isn't russia

Vettel lost like 3 seconds to Lewis in the two laps he was directly behind Bottas. When you look at the finish distance, wouldn't you agree he could've used about 3 seconds at that stage?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bottas for sure held up Vettle. He should have pitted before that point but Merc kept him out to hold up Super Seb.

Dirty little Massa held him up to!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

And Bottas drat near cheated by doing 1.5 defensive moves when Seb had him.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Merc could tell Bottas' engine was done for so they used him intelligently to win the race for Lewis. Vettel hard a hard time passing him on tyres that were 22 laps fresher and lost seconds that helped Lewis to be close enough without scrubbing his softs to close the gap.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Schlesische posted:

Vettel lost like 3 seconds to Lewis in the two laps he was directly behind Bottas. When you look at the finish distance, wouldn't you agree he could've used about 3 seconds at that stage?

Of course they did - but anyone "fantastic" would have made it 10.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I don't like Valtteri Bottas and I hope his engine explodes forever

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Massa, Verstappen, Bottas. Three very bad drivers that should be banned.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

GramCracker posted:

Their Lewis is metal as gently caress :black101:

I bet Lewis listens to Avenged Sevenfold thinking that's the extreme stuff.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Massa is like some sort of pinball of vengeance at this point.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Massa, Verstappen, Bottas. Three very bad drivers that should be banned.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Actually just ban Massa 3 times

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Khablam posted:

Actually just ban Massa 3 times

it did kind of look like he rammed nando on purpose. :tinfoil:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Old guy who had retired and was drafted in at the last minute can't hack it anymore. More at 11.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Theophany posted:

Old guy who had retired and was drafted in at the last minute can't hack it anymore. More at 11.

Yet still makes Lance Stroll look like a garbageman.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

To be fair, I'm sure Sato would too

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Stroll would make Gutierrez look like a world beater.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Its all become very clear to me. Massa is using his undue influence in the team to force the engineers to sabotage Are Stroll's car.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

So would Michael Schumacher if you put him a car next weekend.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
This is really loving cool and F1 should do it:

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/explore-fernando-alonso-s-indy-500-car-in-3d-906397/

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
lol if you still think that Massa held Seb up on purpose, that was Seb's mistake entirely. Massa gave him the whole inside of the turn.

I mean, to be fair to Seb I bet he thought Massa would just poo poo along and get in his way so he went for the outside thinking that he wouldn't move over. Too eager, etc.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I've been known to slightly exaggerate slights against Sebastian Vettle.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Vettel has been in F1 for 10 years and still struggles to overtake, it's almost impressive

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Vettel has been in F1 for 10 years and still struggles to overtake, it's almost impressive

You've been posting on SA for 10 years and still struggle to get an erection, it's almost impressive

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I can't stop laughing when I think about Vettel asking the Ferrari pit wall "Are you sure?" when they told him to stop the car and them, in fact, not being sure.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

You've been posting on SA for 10 years and still struggle to get an erection, it's almost impressive

Your requests for dick picks get less subtle by the day

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I can't stop laughing when I think about Vettel asking the Ferrari pit wall "Are you sure?" when they told him to stop the car and them, in fact, not being sure.

That whole thing is a microcosm illustrating the larger issues with Ferrari. They loving panic at the first little roadblock to any issue and overreact without thinking it through. I'm sure the Mercedes race strategists must be pissing themselves laughing over how gullible they are.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

That whole thing is a microcosm illustrating the larger issues with Ferrari. They loving panic at the first little roadblock to any issue and overreact without thinking it through. I'm sure the Mercedes race strategists must be pissing themselves laughing over how gullible they are.

I also got a chuckle out of Hamilton saying the rears were overheating, Ferrari passing that word on to Vettel, then Hamilton having no issues whatsoever with his rears.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I mean Vettle not understanding how he lost those 8 seconds is pretty telling.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Please don't.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Vettel is to Schumacher what Chris Farley was to John Belushi

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

I also got a chuckle out of Hamilton saying the rears were overheating, Ferrari passing that word on to Vettel, then Hamilton having no issues whatsoever with his rears.

Countdown to Ferrari insisting lying on team radio is banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Vettel is to Schumacher what Chris Farley was to John Belushi

Does that make Barrichello Jim Belushi?

• Locked thread