Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Outlast 2 is not fun unless you like rolling around in poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Really Pants posted:

is Batman an anime now

He looks pretty tsundere in it imo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Why not play cold fear :v:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

I said come in! posted:

Nope! It does look kinda good though but really hard. Outlast 2 might be fun though if you liked Resident Evil 7.

yea i looked at outlast but i didnt like the idea of not being able to attack or anything just running away like a putz

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Kewpuh posted:

i'd like to play another good horror game like dead space or resident evil does prey come close to that?
Prey is very good but it's more tense like Alien: Isolation or Bioshock rather than horror.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

To me the closes comparison to Prey is System Shock, it even has inventory Tetris management.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I want Prey but I've been waiting for Nioh to drop in price for like 3 months and its finally down so back of the queue for you Prey sir.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm talking strictly about the atmosphere, not the gameplay mechanics. Yes mechanically and structurally it's System Shock but SS was more in the direction of horror than Prey is and that was kewpuh's question.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

drat kewpuh what's up man

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember playing Super Mario Bros. and Bases Loaded with my mom on the NES as a kid, those were the last times she interacted with a game console that wasn't her turning it off and asking me wasn't I too old to be playing video games

People always post some variation of this re: playing video games with their parents, and it's never not depressing to read. :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My mom is the most hardcore gamer I know. She'll mention some little zynga farm game she's playing and it'll be a goddamn plantation, her zynga house has like 50 rooms completely decked out with all the amenities.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Parents seem to love hidden object games for some reason

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just learned that my dad let me win at Tetris multiplayer when I was a kid. He loving destroyed me at Pyuo Pyuo tetris just now.

Apparently he used to play a lot of tetris by himself when I was at school.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

My mom bought an NES to play Tetris when she was on maternity leave with my sister. She probably played that and Dr. Mario for at least 6 hours a day (kinda casual I know, but I forgive her).

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sakurazuka posted:

Outlast 2 is not fun unless you like rolling around in poo poo

:confused:
I already post on these forums.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Parents love the early arcade-style games where it's all about how long you can last before you inevitably die. It's a way more honest reflection of real life than games with plots and endings.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I really missed my Dad when I played Uncharted 4 and Horizon because he would be all over that poo poo, we played through the first 4 Tomb Raiders together when I was like 12 and he helped me through the underwater bomb section in the NES turtles game when I was a proper child.

My mum just thinks I'm weird because I'm over 30 and still obsess over videogames. She kinda rolls her eyes when I talk about them but hey whatcha gonna do.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My mom was monstrous at tetris and Dr mario. Never beat her at them back in the day. Dad's game of choice was snes star fox, he loved that loving thing, I think he even beat it which I was never able to do.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's also kinda sweet that many parents love Tetris and Arkanoid but refuse to play anything beyond those. It's like that dad/mom who only listens to old jazz or only watches old Hollywood movies with Bogart.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Kewpuh posted:

\* i may have grown out of first person shooters so dont say the game with frying pans and motorcycle helmets

You should play the PS1 game PO'ed.

:laugh:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
my sad parental video game moment was watching my dad play diablo2 and him picking up literally every piece of junk loot to sell to the vendor :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's heartbreaking to grow up thinking your Mom and Dad are heroes only to get older and realize that they're casual scrubs.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

fridge corn posted:

my sad parental video game moment was watching my dad play diablo2 and him picking up literally every piece of junk loot to sell to the vendor :(
drat, that's soulcrushing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I think my mother is the only person on the planet to have played the Back To The Future game for the NES to completion. I have tried. It's really bad.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My parents bought an NES around the time they adopted me (when I was way too little for video games, like too small to hold a controller little) and they had that Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt combo cartridge and I think Legend of Zelda. I honestly don't remember it, but according to Mom, Zelda was what got me into video games. I must've been really little but apparently I loved it. I never got anywhere because I was like 4 probably, but I played it like crazy. When we got an SNES, my dad and I used to play Street Fighter II together, which was great, and Mom and I played Super Bomberman.

They don't really play games anymore--Mom does like Bejeweled-style tile-matching games and a couple of simple phone puzzle games, but that's it. Now that they're retired and watching significantly too much TV I'm tempted to buy my dad a console and like a racing wheel so he can play fun car games in between watching episodes of Top Gear.

raditts posted:

People always post some variation of this re: playing video games with their parents, and it's never not depressing to read. :(

While my parents stopped playing video games themselves eventually, they never really discouraged my video game playing. So it's not always bad :unsmith:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

That cool Rap Rabbit thing that was announced? it's a kickstarter.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

That cool Rap Rabbit thing that was announced? it's a kickstarter.

Ugh and the first line of the pitch is Make Rhythm Action Great Again

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ugh.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

noooo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

you play as a rapping rabbit bringing neoliberalism to japan

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gross

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also they constantly cite Epic Rap Battles of History as the tone target.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Star Citizen'd again!!!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wow they found an announcement that was worse than it just being a mobile game, kudos.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the mechanics sound good but I'd rather rap argue about food or boardgames or anything else

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Tier 2 backers get the game for free but then you have to play rapping rabbit in front of an actual black person.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Wtf

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I mean the pedigree of the people working on this makes me optimistic...

quote:

A toxic atmosphere of protectionism is taking hold.

Hmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If anyone wants to put money towards things that may or may not exist I too am potentially making a game PM me for my paypal details.

• Locked thread