Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

fsif posted:

Based on his decision to take a mega pay cut to stay in Buffalo, I don't actually think there IS much a market for him. Meanwhile, Mike Glennon got $15 million, Blake Bortles is the uncontested starter, and Blaine Gabbert is once again employed.

(And before anyone says, “yeah, but Mike Glennon's contract allows him to be easily cut next year”, so does Tyrod's.)

This poo poo is absolutely crazy to me. If nobody else, the Jets should have been bringing in anybody who has had any sort of success at QB. Tyrod, and to a lesser extent Kaepernick, would have been perfect players to go after. Instead we broke the bank on the ancient and ever-terrible Josh McCown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jets and Bills continuing to make great decisions fantastic

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sirtommygunn posted:

This poo poo is absolutely crazy to me. If nobody else, the Jets should have been bringing in anybody who has had any sort of success at QB. Tyrod, and to a lesser extent Kaepernick, would have been perfect players to go after. Instead we broke the bank on the ancient and ever-terrible Josh McCown.

but but he had that one stretch of 5 or so games in 2014 or whenever where he played literally the worst defenses in the league(besides his own) and lit them up.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Jets are starting a long rebuild. TT helping them win a few extra games doesn't do them any good.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Jets are starting a long rebuild. TT helping them win a few extra games doesn't do them any good.

That's a poor excuse when you're starting trash at the quarterback position. Rebuilding doesn't always have to equate to being completely non-competitive. They could've nabbed him, build the talent around him (and not necessarily "for" him), then draft an eventual successor.

Kaep not having a job is sadly unsurprising, but Tyrod's struggle to find demand is so strange.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DeimosRising posted:

Very difficult to believe this all has nothing to do with Taylor and Kaepernick being so...athletic, and Kaepernick being so...uppity.

Like the Bills need any ulterior motives to make bad QB decisions

(throws stones)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Rebuilding" by completely tanking 2+ seasons never really works out. The way the Broncos and Cardinals (to name a couple recent examples) did it is way better, but obviously not attainable for most teams.

Also it's much easier to attract talent if the team seems at least somewhat competitive rather than going 2-14.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers cut Orlando Franklin

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

She's terrible.

I think you might be thinking of Pam Ward. Mowins is boring but competent, which makes her automatically the best play by play person to call the late MNF game...well...ever.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The most important position is QB. Who gives a poo poo about draft position if you potentially get a decent starter at QB in free agency?

Nov 6, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

The most important position is QB. Who gives a poo poo about draft position if you potentially get a decent starter at QB in free agency?

I think we already learned this off season that the Bills and plenty of other teams don't see TT as a long term answer at QB. Count the Jets among them.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think we already learned this off season that the Bills and plenty of other teams don't see TT as a long term answer at QB. Count the Jets among them.

And Mccown is? I don't see a (good) reason to favor him over either TT or Kaep.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The Chiefs QB curse begins anew...

http://kan.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Patrick-Mahomes-II-robbed-at-gunpoint-over-the-weekend-52761437

"Report: Patrick Mahomes II robbed at gunpoint over the weekend"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Beth Mowins crew is ... not good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chromatic posted:

http://kan.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Patrick-Mahomes-II-robbed-at-gunpoint-over-the-weekend-52761437

*tugs collar*

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Very difficult to believe this all has nothing to do with Taylor and Kaepernick being so...athletic, and Kaepernick being so...uppity.

Setting likely racial issues aside for a bit, it is insane to me that Taylor's rushing ability is probably a liability for his professional aspirations. This time last year, the line was that his play style was unsustainable because he missed two games after an illegal tackle.

Last season, he started every game (well, except Week 17, heh) and helmed the top rushing offense by DVOA, but his value is still roughly equal to the gawky backup with five wins because, well, he stands tall in the same place throughout the course of a play.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/864112854873624576

Where's my $55k?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sirtommygunn posted:

Josh McCown is the hero the Jets both need and deserve.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

quote:

Nobody was harmed and both Michael Blake Pinkerton, 34, and Billy Ray Johnson, 58, were both tracked down after the authorities were called and arrested and taken to the Smith County jail.

Now those are some Texas outlaw names.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

Tyrod signed his extension prior to the start of free agency. He wasn't available.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

Tyrod signed his extension prior to the start of free agency. He wasn't available.

Fair point, I'd still prefer Kaep though.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
https://twitter.com/OnionSports/status/864165477576318978

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I agree, they should build around Christian Hackenberg.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pay Per View is getting really weird with these off season events.

Nov 6, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

"Rebuilding" by completely tanking 2+ seasons never really works out. The way the Broncos and Cardinals (to name a couple recent examples) did it is way better, but obviously not attainable for most teams.

Also it's much easier to attract talent if the team seems at least somewhat competitive rather than going 2-14.

GM Rebuilds Team in ONE YEAR with Ancient Scouting Method. It's So Easy The Browns Hate Him!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I love that the article itself doesn't associate the QB with a name or team, so it could hypothetically apply to any franchise. But that picture.... :D

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Antonio Cromartie's wife is pregnant with his 14th child.

14th.

He had a vasectomy a couple years ago.

Nov 6, 2002

He might want to get a divorce.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

He might want to get a divorce.

From his doctor? I agree

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Some one claiming that THIS is the year that Sam Bradford finally becomes a top QB is like picking the Jaguars to make the playoffs. There's always some one who thinks it will happen, but it never does.
Man, it's only halfway through May and we're already here?

He was pretty good last year. Not a "top QB" but good enough for the Vikings to be successful if the line could have blocked anyone. It really can't be overstated how bad the offensive line was last year. If the moves the team made this offseason can get the line to "average", the rest of the offense (and defense) is competent enough for the Vikings to be competitive.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

No Butt Stuff posted:

14th.

Life finds a way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WHOOPS posted:

He was pretty good last year. Not a "top QB" but good enough for the Vikings to be successful if the line could have blocked anyone. It really can't be overstated how bad the offensive line was last year. If the moves the team made this offseason can get the line to "average", the rest of the offense (and defense) is competent enough for the Vikings to be competitive.

Yeah that thing someone posted about deep balls was kind of stunning, Bradford was actually ridiculously good throwing deep last year the few times he was able to. Which is the exact opposite of what I think of Bradford's 2016.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh it's loving on

https://twitter.com/jourdanrodrigue/status/864195328794402817

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lacy clocked in at 253

Congrats :)

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Eddie Lacy will order $55k worth of pizza tonight

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Lacy clocked in at 253

Congrats :)

lol. probably needed a mike dolce weight cut to get there.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

I think you might be thinking of Pam Ward. Mowins is boring but competent, which makes her automatically the best play by play person to call the late MNF game...well...ever.

No, it's Mowins, she called Raiders preseason games a couple years ago. She being boring is bad enough but she has this whistle thing when she speaks which drove me up the loving wall.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
How many bottles of Hydroxycut did he chug over the weekend?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

No Butt Stuff posted:

14th.

Isn't this his second kid post-vasectomy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Need All-22 footage of Cromartie and all of his kids.

• Locked thread