Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I don't know why DC is pushing Cyborg so hard.

Oh wait yes I do. They have very few interesting people of color in their books

And then they sidelined literally everyone else they already had because Geoff Johns gets rubbery for the blandest one of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So why isn't Static in this game anyway? He's got to be one of the most-demanded characters dating back to Injustice 1, and he made it into the first mobile game. People recognize him and like him, his powers are pretty unique among the cast (Black Adam has lightning too but it's used very differently)

Is there some kind of rights issue? Is DC holding him back for something? like what's the deal i just want Virgil to kick some rear end in a fighting game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
He was in the last season of Young Justice for several seconds.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

So why isn't Static in this game anyway? He's got to be one of the most-demanded characters dating back to Injustice 1, and he made it into the first mobile game. People recognize him and like him, his powers are pretty unique among the cast (Black Adam has lightning too but it's used very differently)

Is there some kind of rights issue? Is DC holding him back for something? like what's the deal i just want Virgil to kick some rear end in a fighting game

sorry brah, need that lighting power spot for Raiden lol. 2 MK reps, letz do dis

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

sorry brah, need that lighting power spot for Raiden lol. 2 MK reps, letz do dis

it's cute people think it's only going to be two. They are going to do the MKX route of half the DLC characters being "guests"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's cute people think it's only going to be two. They are going to do the MKX route of half the DLC characters being "guests"

9 characters, 4 of which are guests. Sub-Zero, Raiden, Rudy, and Burt Wonderstone

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

How long until the Flaming C is considered DC canon? Will he get his own character slot?

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 15, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
It'll be Sub Zero, Raiden, Fujin, and Sareena

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

Sort of. Static is owned by Milestone, not DC. They worked a deal years back that allowed DC to use Milestone characters but who knows how is that deal working now.

That is also why Static only showed briefly on YJ.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Really though, Bizarro and Booster Gold are my two biggest DLC wants but I doubt we will get either :/

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
So, what time will this be available to play if you got the digital one? Since I'm bad at time zones.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Really though, Bizarro and Booster Gold are my two biggest DLC wants but I doubt we will get either :/

I've seen enough call for Booster that it's not outside the realm of possibility. Bizarro would make a fine premier skin for Supes of course.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it'd be silly not to at least do either Hank Henshaw or Bizarro. Maybe for Batman they can do Batman 666 or Owlman.

Surprised Shazam doesn't appear to be a Black Adam reskin already.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

WarEternal posted:

So, what time will this be available to play if you got the digital one? Since I'm bad at time zones.

Midnight est.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

fadam posted:

John Stewart owns and DC should have made him one of the founding members of the Justice League in new-52 imo.

If I agreed any harder I would explode. Can't stand having Cyborg pushed down our throats as a founding member.

I'd rather they have invented a new hero Black Bullshitter, a young African-American with a heart of gold working on his abusive father's farm until a magic bull shat all over him, giving him New and Existing Powers.

On an unrelated note, game looks dope, and I'm super excited to main flash because he has great premium skins, great gear, and great shaders.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 15, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Uneducated dweeb hot take incoming: I don't mind Cyborg.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
my biggest issue with Cyborg as a founder is that I like him 100% better as a younger/teen hero and making him part of the 'old guard' wrecks his few actual memorable moments.

Also since it's been leaked and all, is there any sign that those annoying QTEs are back in 2?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Also since it's been leaked and all, is there any sign that those annoying QTEs are back in 2?

QTEs are gone. In place are moments where you get a limited time to decide between two characters before a particular fight.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

AndyElusive posted:

Uneducated dweeb hot take incoming: I don't mind Cyborg.

I don't mind him, I just think he's not super interesting.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gamestop saying they'd release the game at 9pm tonight so figure I'll take the 10-min drive over to get it. hoo boy I'm ready

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More Vixen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5URn0_eim4

EDIT: And for anyone curious about the voice actors on the game

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 15, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cyborg would be cool as a JL member if they ever had him do anything interesting. Unfortunately he's just a boom tube that walks around and knows how to talk to computers.

There's a reason why the only versions of Cyborg people know are from cartoons. He gets to do stuff and have a personality in cartoons. In comics he's just boring.

In Injustice 1 and 2 he's just an rear end in a top hat, and feels nothing like any Cyborg I remember. He says booyah a few times though, I guess that's all we're allowed to have.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I wonder who Steve "Wolverine" Blum voices

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Green Lantern

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

He's Green Lantern (and Sub Zero later probably)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

That would explain why he's listed twice, and it would point to Epcar voicing a DLC character as well (or maybe a premier skin)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

FunkMonkey posted:

I've seen enough call for Booster that it's not outside the realm of possibility. Bizarro would make a fine premier skin for Supes of course.

Booster Gold as played by Johnny Cage.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

gamestop saying they'd release the game at 9pm tonight so figure I'll take the 10-min drive over to get it. hoo boy I'm ready

I'm jealous, I ordered Amazon. Hoping it doesn't arrive too late in the day tomorrow.

I know Epcar voiced two of the main cast, but I can't remember who the second was. I watched a Youtube video that ID'd each of them by character.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When there's trouble you know what to do
CALL CYBORG
He can shoot a rocket from his shoe
CUZ HE'S CYBORG

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AndyElusive posted:

QTEs are gone. In place are moments where you get a limited time to decide between two characters before a particular fight.

oh man that makes me incredibly happy, not only are there no QTEs but that actually sounds like a neat way to spice stuff up.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Kelp Plankton posted:

That sounds like a weird fit

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Part of the reason I was bummed when I saw Cyborg was back with the Regime was having him on the "bad dudes" means he's even less likely to be the outgoing guy I recognize him as. I want to see Cyborg be a smartass with a heart of gold, not a cold, calculating rear end in a top hat.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cyborg also travels to places through things called "Boom Tubes". How awesome is that?

Funky Valentine posted:

When there's trouble you know what to do
CALL CYBORG
He can shoot a rocket from his shoe
CUZ HE'S CYBORG

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sdoots posted:

Part of the reason I was bummed when I saw Cyborg was back with the Regime was having him on the "bad dudes" means he's even less likely to be the outgoing guy I recognize him as. I want to see Cyborg be a smartass with a heart of gold, not a cold, calculating rear end in a top hat.

yea if he was part of the resistance he'd at least have venues to be all glib and joking about things and play the 'hey I may be a robot monster mash but at least I'm on the right side of this fight' card. With the baddies he's just...lovely Terminator...who talks about 'trolling'...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Why is Cyborg's ultimate not running his opponent over with the T Car.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Funky Valentine posted:

Why is Cyborg's ultimate not running his opponent over with the T Car.

what even is his ultimate, just a giant laser?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

quote:

Johns has said of Cyborg, "He represents all of us in a lot of ways. If we have a cellphone and we're texting on it, we are a cyborg—that's what a cyborg is, using technology as an extension of ourselves."

What no its not anything like that at all

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Looked it up and Epcar also voiced Black Adam.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

FunkMonkey posted:

Looked it up and Epcar also voiced Black Adam.

He says he didn't

https://twitter.com/RichardEpcar/status/859990214244089861

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

What no its not anything like that at all

That makes Cyborg sound even lamer to be honest.

You know how cell phones are already a thing you have? What if there was a super hero that had one. ALL. THE. TIME.

• Locked thread