Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I'm 7 bars into the difficulty so far, and I've only noticed zombies with pickaxes breaking my reinforced stone. They are very slow at digging through it, so any kind of defense will probably stop them before they break through. I don't know if mutant steves can dig through. I haven't seen any explosions capable of breaking through. Creepers will break my spikes if I stand too close to my walls, though.

I built out in the open, on a flat plains biome. I kept the footprint of my base relatively small at 20x20, so I don't have to build as many spikes or turrets to cover it all. So far, I haven't had any problems with monsters breaking through. I've been slowly covering up the craters around my base with reinforced stone so the enemies can reach the spikes around my base. I set up ender hoppers and item conduits underneath the ground around my base, so I get a constant stream of free loot. Now that reinforced stone floor around my base is becoming the ceiling for my underground expansion.

The levels mod makes a massive difference in your character's combat abilities. Focus on getting all archaic gear, as their base stats are much better than regular gear and they level faster. Rebind the leveling hotkey to something unused. Hold your armor in hand, and press that hotkey to level it up. I think only your primary weapon gets the benefit of its level abilities. Frost and ethereal on weapons is amazing. By getting different upgrades on each piece of armor, you can easily max out all of the upgrades. I don't know if identical abilities stack between multiple armor pieces.

Make sure all of your gear has good enchantments. You can save a LOT of experience by storing it in an experience obelisk, and only taking out the bare minimum needed for each enchantment. Use the lens of disenchanting to remove good enchantments from bad gear, and put it on your best gear via the anvil. Use the Ender IO enchanter to make any enchantments you couldn't find. Protect your archaic gear with Unbreaking III and mending. Get Protection IV on all of your armor. Keep a lookout for enemies in samurai armor, as their chestpieces and boots are amazing. It seems like a hassle, but it's absolutely worth replacing gear with identical items of a better rarity level. Just migrate all enchantments over with the lens of disenchanting. You can trivialize most combat fairly early on if you use enchantments and the levels mod properly. I recommend disabling rust in infernal mobs, as this approach relies on protecting that archaic gear.

Some of the recipes are much more expensive in CoTT, but the quest rewards and loot are much better too. If you reach a dead end in one quest line, follow another one. Sometimes the rewards will allow you to come back to it. Dungeon loot is very good too. Just watch out for bloody maidens. Apparently they can two-shot you regardless of defenses.

You absolutely do not need to build in the sky or deep underground. If you do so, you're missing out on free loot and experience from your base defenses. You may want to hide underground until you've saved up enough reinforced stone to build in the open, though. Besides, spikes and turrets are awesome.

One of the quests in CotT references some kind of uncrafter, but I can't find anything like it in the recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
My plan is to build a reinforced stone tower encasing a ladder up to a not-very-high skybase, mostly just until I can build up enough confidence/strength, then flesh out the base underneath it in its footprint. Is there any reason this wouldn't be viable?

Also, this might be a dumb question, but what's recommended for the basic logistics of an impenetrable base? A door seems like it won't work for obvious reasons, so do I just dig out/replace reinforced stone when entering and exiting? Would a piston work? Can advanced mobs climb ladders?
I mean what's the fundamental method of creating an entry you can use that they can't?

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I like to make a wall at least 3 blocks high, with an overhang sticking out at least one block, so spiders and nerd-poling zombies can't scale it. Then I just make a jumping puzzle to get in. Place a ramp or a series of 1x1 towers a couple blocks away from your base, then sprint and jump in. Doors are a weak point, and prevent you from completely surrounding your base with spikes. In CotT, you'll find a teleportation wand which you can use to teleport in and out of your base.

Edit: Lava and fire are cool, but they destroy items. Your defenses should be a constant source of free stuff, so stick to spikes. They're vulnerable to explosions, so just stay clear of them when creepers are around. Also, you can stick spikes under the overhang to take care of anything that scales your walls, such as spiders.

Uganda Loves Me fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 15, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I like to make a wall at least 3 blocks high, with an overhang sticking out at least one block, so spiders and nerd-poling zombies can't scale it. Then I just make a jumping puzzle to get in. Place a ramp or a series of 1x1 towers a couple blocks away from your base, then sprint and jump in. Doors are a weak point, and prevent you from completely surrounding your base with spikes. In CotT, you'll find a teleportation wand which you can use to teleport in and out of your base.

Edit: Lava and fire are cool, but they destroy items. Your defenses should be a constant source of free stuff, so stick to spikes. They're vulnerable to explosions, so just stay clear of them when creepers are around. Also, you can stick spikes under the overhang to take care of anything that scales your walls, such as spiders.

Spikes underneath flowing water! The water nullifies explosions. Flowing water should be shallow enough so that mobs will still contact the spikes.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I found that as long as you keep your walls a fair distance from where you are you're pretty safe, as things like placing TNT and pillaring seem to require a certain proximity. A big help was getting the Star Shower spell, which I could just drop over the walls from above to clear out anything that got too close during a blood moon, but that was some luck most people probably won't have. On the other hand most people probably would have turrets and poo poo by the time they got to more than a couple of bars of difficulty, while I tend to gently caress around a lot and have been wasting a bunch of time 10/10/10ing Agricrafted Mystical Agriculture crops because why not.

Vib Rib posted:

My plan is to build a reinforced stone tower encasing a ladder up to a not-very-high skybase, mostly just until I can build up enough confidence/strength, then flesh out the base underneath it in its footprint. Is there any reason this wouldn't be viable?

Also, this might be a dumb question, but what's recommended for the basic logistics of an impenetrable base? A door seems like it won't work for obvious reasons, so do I just dig out/replace reinforced stone when entering and exiting? Would a piston work? Can advanced mobs climb ladders?
I mean what's the fundamental method of creating an entry you can use that they can't?

Enter and leave via slingshot and slime boots.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 15, 2017

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

McFrugal posted:

Spikes underneath flowing water! The water nullifies explosions. Flowing water should be shallow enough so that mobs will still contact the spikes.

Nice! I completely re-did my base defenses with this in mind. Water flows toward my base, carrying the enemies right over spikes. I have one row of signs next to my row of spikes in my trench. This allows bigger enemies to fall on the spikes. Bears and spiders were just walking right over them. I felt inspired enough to make a pathway for aqua creepers to go from the river to my spikes. :boom:

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
See this sort of creativity is why I like the idea of a COTT-style pack sometimes.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Yeah I' really liking that it forces you tackle problems from different angles.

Do mobs attack turrets? I've got some set up on my walls but they're not doing much, I think putting them in bunkers around my base would be better if I can solve the problem of keeping them charged and reloading them.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
I've just finished fully transitioning grimdark over to Open Terrain Generator with Biome Bundle. So many biomes and custom structures the maps almost start to feel like they're handmade, and it gives controls for things like what mobs spawn where and a bunch of other stuff. really great worldgen.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
For all those playing CoTT please consider making the Charms from Reliquary as soon as possible. The Zombie Charm alone makes life a whole lot easier because they ignore you as long as it's in your inventory. Which means they wont attempt to break blocks to get to you which means your outer defenses don't take a beating. I still get some random block destruction from time to time and haven't figured out what's doing it yet but when I do I'll make them pay.

Also the only questline that is really silly is the Ars Magica Line. Requiring Sunstone to complete the quest to build the crafting alter is silly. The only way I got it done was to get lucky in a lootbag with 4 Sunstone then make seeds and farm them up. Also he removed the Nexus so you have to use the item from the following quest to produce the essence you need to make better spells. Also got Blood Magic ready to do the meteors and man this is gonna take some doing to get my LP network up to 1 mil.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

That is some beautiful worldgen right there.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
"Hmm let's try Resonant Rise 4 to see what other folks are doing with 1.10.2. Gees, there's a lot of girl monsters around. What is this Grimoire of Gaia stuff? Maybe it has stuff that will help me clean out a dungeon!"

[Goes to Wikia page for GoG]

"God drat they're, like, all girl monsters. What's up with this?"

Such and such monster inspired by MGE

"Ehh what's this MGE poo poo."

MGE: :nms: :bigtran: :newfap: :bigtran: :nms:

Is there some redeeming quality to this mod with its items or whatever? Or do they expect me to collect these girl monsters with leashes or something? :barf:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

"Hmm let's try Resonant Rise 4 to see what other folks are doing with 1.10.2. Gees, there's a lot of girl monsters around. What is this Grimoire of Gaia stuff? Maybe it has stuff that will help me clean out a dungeon!"

[Goes to Wikia page for GoG]

"God drat they're, like, all girl monsters. What's up with this?"

Such and such monster inspired by MGE

"Ehh what's this MGE poo poo."

MGE: :nms: :bigtran: :newfap: :bigtran: :nms:

Is there some redeeming quality to this mod with its items or whatever? Or do they expect me to collect these girl monsters with leashes or something? :barf:

The way to play with Grimoire of Gaia is turn off all the anime titty monsters except maybe the spider queen mob (who is enough spider to not be TOO egregious). There are a bunch of neat non-anime-girl mobs that make things interesting.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Fortis posted:

The way to play with Grimoire of Gaia is turn off all the anime titty monsters except maybe the spider queen mob (who is enough spider to not be TOO egregious). There are a bunch of neat non-anime-girl mobs that make things interesting.

It is also fairly easy to retexture the more interesting anime-girl mobs so that they are no longer anime titty monsters, removing a section of the texture sheet removes the breasts from the models and a lot of them are easily cleaned up by removing flesh tones.

I ended up retexturing most of the mobs and adjusting the color pallet for the rest for the old WilsonSMP server, I should still have these textures kicking around somewhere.

A lot of these were taken while I was in the middle of adjusting textures so things like over sized eyes and other minor issues were cleaned up after the fact.

Dullahan

Cyclops

Centaur

Anubis

Succubus (Used the resource pack to just rename this mob all together)

Valkyrie (Again, renamed)

Witch Doctor

I think this was originally called a Hunter? Renamed it to Orc Hunter to fit with SMP Revival which has Zombies in certain biomes textured as orcs.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 15, 2017

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I did a quick check and strangely enough Nexusmods barely has any Minecraft mods. And no big titty monster girls mods as far as I can tell.
Weird

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Any good 1.10 modpacks with Ars Magica that aren't CoTT? Maybe even with quest book progression?

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Newest COTT update just doubled the yield of the Reinforced Stone recipe. That'll be helpful!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Any good 1.10 modpacks with Ars Magica that aren't CoTT? Maybe even with quest book progression?

I only got a few hours into it, but there's Nuts and Bolts Torqued, which is a 'tech and magic balanced progression pack with hqm and a custom achievement guide'. Expect to spend a bit working up to a smeltery and stuff, it's not quite AllTheMods Expert level but it has a lot of custom / harder recipes.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Toadsmash posted:

Newest COTT update just doubled the yield of the Reinforced Stone recipe. That'll be helpful!

Nice I wonder if he fixed Nether Aluminium not being able to be processed. It's kinda funny that Aluminium is needed for a couple things but can't be found in the overworld(that i've been able to find) and the nether variety can't be processed.

Edit: Also I always find the later parts of some mods daunting and watching videos usually doesn't help. Like I'm trying to get LP production/storage going to start rituals, but looking up tutorials brings up huge tanks underneath the altar and then a ritual of suffering somewhere separate. I have my base pretty secure right now and in theory a ritual of suffering should be able to gather a ton of lp on blood moon night since mobs won't have anywhere else to spawn. But getting it all set up is my current challenge.

Hey Fingercuffs fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 15, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Enzer posted:

It is also fairly easy to retexture the more interesting anime-girl mobs so that they are no longer anime titty monsters, removing a section of the texture sheet removes the breasts from the models and a lot of them are easily cleaned up by removing flesh tones.

I ended up retexturing most of the mobs and adjusting the color pallet for the rest for the old WilsonSMP server, I should still have these textures kicking around somewhere.

A lot of these were taken while I was in the middle of adjusting textures so things like over sized eyes and other minor issues were cleaned up after the fact.

Please make this resource pack available to the public. Heck, maybe the mod author would be willing to make it official? Oh wait, you didn't retexture all of them. Still, it'd be nice.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 15, 2017

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I've rolled up NST Frostburn for my family to use and put it up to share. No quest book integrated, but it's been fun to play. :)

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Captain Monkey posted:

What modpack is this?

Grimdark is the one I play on. It is a good kitchen sink mod made by a goon and with an official server.

Disclaimer: the pack is somewhat combat-heavy early game, though nothing near the level of cott.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Is there a mod that makes the game permadeath and maybe keeps a high score like a rogue-like? Just curious.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

strategery posted:

Is there a mod that makes the game permadeath and maybe keeps a high score like a rogue-like? Just curious.

You dont need a mod to delete your saves, you have the ability to do that yourself.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Rutibex posted:

strategery posted:

You dont need a mod to delete your saves, you have the ability to do that yourself.

Plus you probably don't want Minecraft auto-deleting your saves with no recourse as it's still fairly buggy, especially with mods. :) I'd hate to spend X hours/days/weeks/whatever building this super-cool world in "hard-core" mode only to have a bug or lag cause you to die, and then poof, world gone (always keep backups ;)) and you ruined your marriage with nothing to virtually show for it anymore.

P.S. You could do a simple Google search and find this yourself. e.g. https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/limited-lives

lolmer fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 15, 2017

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Nice I wonder if he fixed Nether Aluminium not being able to be processed. It's kinda funny that Aluminium is needed for a couple things but can't be found in the overworld(that i've been able to find) and the nether variety can't be processed.

Edit: Also I always find the later parts of some mods daunting and watching videos usually doesn't help. Like I'm trying to get LP production/storage going to start rituals, but looking up tutorials brings up huge tanks underneath the altar and then a ritual of suffering somewhere separate. I have my base pretty secure right now and in theory a ritual of suffering should be able to gather a ton of lp on blood moon night since mobs won't have anywhere else to spawn. But getting it all set up is my current challenge.

Aluminium is in the overworld as Immersive Engineering Bauxite. :ssh:

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I wonder if Boolyman is reading this thread sometimes. That's the second complaint that was brought up repeatedly in this thread and had an improvement patched in shortly after. :ssh:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I have mentioned previously that I have the crappiest laptop ever for playing, I'm sure, anything java based.
Because java is just pure poo poo.
But I truly love Minecraft, so I try and try again to make it run faster.
Tried the server on a separate process and every betterfps like mod to no avail.
Someone mentioned Foamfix for 1.10 the other day. I'm sure it has been posted before but the post the other day got me to download it. I forget who mentioned it though.
I'm getting about 30fps. I don't think I get 30fps playing vanilla 1.10, and I certainly don't on 1.7.10.
I don't think I had Minecraft run this smoothly since I had a real computer.
Now it still took me 2 hours from launch to actually getting into a world. But once i am in, its fantastic.
That is beside the few hours trying to make my own modpack and getting partways through to find out I needed yet another lib mod. Bastards.

So for anyone else who hasn't tried foamfix. Give it a roll, it made a huge difference for me.
This is running about 60+ mods including Biomes o Plenty and the Rftools mods which have caused me major slowness before.

I can finally give Psi a try. Also is there a good jabba replacement? I tried Yabba but it crashed during load every time with it.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

OgNar posted:

I have mentioned previously that I have the crappiest laptop ever for playing, I'm sure, anything java based.
Because java is just pure poo poo.
But I truly love Minecraft, so I try and try again to make it run faster.
Tried the server on a separate process and every betterfps like mod to no avail.
Someone mentioned Foamfix for 1.10 the other day. I'm sure it has been posted before but the post the other day got me to download it. I forget who mentioned it though.
I'm getting about 30fps. I don't think I get 30fps playing vanilla 1.10, and I certainly don't on 1.7.10.
I don't think I had Minecraft run this smoothly since I had a real computer.
Now it still took me 2 hours from launch to actually getting into a world. But once i am in, its fantastic.
That is beside the few hours trying to make my own modpack and getting partways through to find out I needed yet another lib mod. Bastards.

So for anyone else who hasn't tried foamfix. Give it a roll, it made a huge difference for me.
This is running about 60+ mods including Biomes o Plenty and the Rftools mods which have caused me major slowness before.

I can finally give Psi a try. Also is there a good jabba replacement? I tried Yabba but it crashed during load every time with it.

Out of curiosity, did you try turning off mipmaps? If not, it can only help. Make sure to do it from the start menu, and not in game, as it'll reload all the game resources when you change the setting. And yeah, foamfix is a godsend.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Black Pants posted:

Bauxite, Aluminum fused with oxygen and a number of other materials, you can just melt into Aluminum metal

Aluminum Ore, presumably primarily the elemental form of the metal, requires electrolysis

Modded Minecraft: You have it backwards

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Black Pants posted:

Well poo poo i've been pulling my hair out looking for it and never thought to check out bauxite. In other news the pac-man pet works with Ars Magica Spells, just wrecked the water guardian in 4 fireballs.

Hey Fingercuffs fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 16, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I just use a bunch of SAG mills. I don't think I could play without them anymore. Enderio is great.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Please make this resource pack available to the public. Heck, maybe the mod author would be willing to make it official? Oh wait, you didn't retexture all of them. Still, it'd be nice.

Ha, I have a slight feeling that the mod author would be offended by the fact that I removed the breasts from every mob I retextured. :v:

I'll host if off my dropbox for now, so download here.

But yeah, sure, the following mobs have new or slightly tweaked textures:

• Anubis (Changed from Big Titted Anime Girl to Mummy Pharaoh)
  • Banshee (Altered color palette)
  • Bone Knight (Alteration to color palette and changed to match SMP Revival Skeletons)
  • Cobble and Cobblestone Golem (Very slight change, mostly a color correction)
  • Cockatrice (Alteration to color palette)
  • Creep (Altered to match SMP Revival's creepers)
  • Cyclops (Removed breasts and weird horn bits. Made the mob appear gender neutral. Reskinned armor to use darker colors instead of the eye catching blue the original had)
  • Dhampir (Toned down the anime, removed breasts, covered up the massive amount of excess skin. Shifted colors a bit to be a bit more subdue, clothing uses a dark lavender highlights instead of bright red)
  • Dryad (Removed tits, shifted color palette, wood texture now matches SMP Revival's oak logs)
  • Dullahan (Removed tits, made the mob into a gender neutral undead, completely redesigned the armor)
  • Ender Eye (Slight changes to color use and made the mob's Eye match the SMP Revival Eye of Ender item)
  • Flesh Litch (Redesigned to match SMP Revival Zombies)
  • Gryphon (Slight shift in color palette)
  • Harpy (Slight shift in color palette, covered up excess flesh to make the mob more bird like, removed breasts)
  • Hunter (No longer a scantily clad woman. Hunters are now Orcs (based on an edit I had made to SMP's Orc Zombie textuers) and wear bone masks and a ribcage armor)
  • Mimic (Retextured to match SMP Revival chests, made the teeth a bit more organic looking and the inside a bit more fleshy)
  • Naga (Change to color palette, gave the Naga's pauldrons a more bronze color and made the shield to be made from bronze and prismarine based off the SMP Revival Prismarine blocks)
  • Shaman (Changed from a scantily clad women to a tattooed male witch doctor. Edits were done to match the custom Witch texture I made for the WilsonSMP version of SMP Revival)
  • Sharko (Change to color palette, uses a darker and more subdued gray blue, mostly to match the ocean water used in SMP Revival)
  • Spriggan (Spriggans are now entirely made of wood, has bark pattern changes to match SMP Revival oak logs and have been desaturated a bit to look a little dried out)
  • Succubus (Complete change of texture design, threw out the idea of it being a succubus and instead re-purposed the mob to be used in relation to something WilsonSMP was doing with Thaumcraft. Mob is renamed to Ascended Crimson Cultist in language files)
  • Swamper (Change to color palette)
  • Valkyrie (Complete change of texture design, threw out the idea of it being a valkyrie and instead re-purposed the mob to be used in relation to something WilsonSMP was doing with Thaumcraft. Mob is renamed to Ascended Crimson Knight in language files)
  • Vampire (Removed breasts, covered up excess skin, removed some excess secondary layer accessories, changed bright red parts of the texture to purple, mob was re-purposed to be used in relation to a plot event for WilsonSMP . Mob is renamed to The Oracle in language files)

The rest of the mobs are things I didn't bother with because we were not going to use them on the WilsonSMP server or where more or less fine untouched. Glancing at the wiki it seems the mod author has added more mobs to the project, this texture pack is based on the 1.8 version of the mod. Reverting textures is as simple as deleting them from the zip file. This resource pack also contains an edited language file for ENG language, several items and mobs were renamed so if that bothers you, it can be fixed by deleting the en_US.lang file located in \assets\grimoireofgaia\lang.

I have not tested this with use with the 1.10 version of the mod, I do not know if the mod author has renamed files or such things that would cause incompatabilities. There is also a chance that the resource pack is not compatible with vesion 1.10 of minecraft, if the game is giving you such an error, open up the resource pack and you'll see a file called pack.mcmeta. Open that file with something like Notepad++ and it should look like this:

code:
{
  "pack": {
    "pack_format": 1,
    "description": "GoG textures for use with SMP\u0027s Revival: Sundered Edition"
  }
}
You'll want to edit it so it reads instead:

code:
{
  "pack": {
    "pack_format": 2,
    "description": "GoG textures for use with SMP\u0027s Revival: Sundered Edition"
  }
}
I do not have a version of SMP Revival used by the WilsonSMP server available at this time. However I am currently working on a complete overhaul of the resource pack that I will be releasing hopefully soonish under the name of SMP Revival: Sundered Edition for both the 1.10 and soon to be released 1.12 version of Minecraft. All the changes they did to the GUI was a real bitch but it was enough to push me to redesign all the GUI elements (The SMP Revival item grid had been off by one pixel for years and had always driven me mad).

If I have time after that I might do texture support for whatever the current list of popular mods are.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 16, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Enzer posted:

Ha, I have a slight feeling that the mod author would be offended by the fact that I removed the breasts from every mob I retextured. :v:

I'll host if off my dropbox for now, so download here.

(snip)

I do not have a version of SMP Revival used by the WilsonSMP server available at this time. However I am currently working on a complete overhaul of the resource pack that I will be releasing hopefully soonish under the name of SMP Revival: Sundered Edition for both the 1.10 and soon to be released 1.12 version of Minecraft. All the changes they did to the GUI was a real bitch but it was enough to push me to redesign all the GUI elements (The SMP Revival item grid had been off by one pixel for years and had always driven me mad).

If I have time after that I might do texture support for whatever the current list of popular mods are.

Nice, thanks.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I just use a bunch of SAG mills. I don't think I could play without them anymore. Enderio is great.

all the ender io machines are really slow, even with octadic capacitors :saddowns:

in my infinity evolved skyblock map, having to make energetic alloys in them is easily one of my biggest time sinks

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I've run into a problem with Applied Energistics 2 with "The 1.7.10 Pack"

Every 8 seconds or so, the network will become unpowered for a tiny split second, but it's enough to kick me out of whatever terminal I was currently in. The network tool says it's under a constant load of about 4 million RF per second, but maybe there is a spike that's empting it's internal energy cache? I do have multiple AE energy cells connected to the network but maybe there's a limit to how much RF/t they can do?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

all the ender io machines are really slow, even with octadic capacitors :saddowns:

in my infinity evolved skyblock map, having to make energetic alloys in them is easily one of my biggest time sinks

Make more of them. If you don't have about 1000 set up on an auto crafting system what are you even doing

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Finding alternative ways to produce those alloys! :v:

That's my excuse anyway.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Ak Gara posted:

Every 8 seconds or so, the network will become unpowered for a tiny split second, but it's enough to kick me out of whatever terminal I was currently in. The network tool says it's under a constant load of about 4 million RF per second, but maybe there is a spike that's empting it's internal energy cache? I do have multiple AE energy cells connected to the network but maybe there's a limit to how much RF/t they can do?

I found a config setting that let me change AE's energy usage to 10% and it still drops so it doesn't seem to be power related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ak Gara posted:

Do you have a quantum ring? If you have a quantum ring and one side is not chunkloaded it will spend millions of RF repeatedly trying to connect every tick.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Does that have Immersive Engineering? The Arc Smelter can make EIO alloys with all the insane speed the Arc Smelter tends to have. You put the gold in the smelting area, and the glowstone and whatever else it wants (redstone? I forget) in the slots on the upper right.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 16, 2017