Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Everything Burrito posted:

does it continue that far? just being honest I've never read/watched it because the 90s art pains me.

Yep, high school, college, job, marriage and kids.

It's not really all that great tho in any case, almost entirely because the dude is a cold jackass a lot of the time. Like, I liked it well enough, but I don't know if I'd ever watch it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

God willing, Yamada and Kase will get there.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Yep, high school, college, job, marriage and kids.

It's not really all that great tho in any case, almost entirely because the dude is a cold jackass a lot of the time. Like, I liked it well enough, but I don't know if I'd ever watch it again.

that's a shame but I'm glad to know I don't need to force myself past some bleh art for a good story or anything.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

seeing whether or not a high school relationship could survive college could be a fun sequel, some drama interspersed with wacky drunken hijinks
3rd installment - 10 years later, where did they all end up

I want them to fast forward to college only if there's going to new events and less HS problems. My Little Monster did this and there was a wedding in the extra chapters.

Unfortunately, no one is scanlating Robico's latest series with the dark-haired guy and girl.

Alder fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 10, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

that's a shame but I'm glad to know I don't need to force myself past some bleh art for a good story or anything.

The anime's (2008) art is better than the manga (1990-1999) and i actually don't know if what happens in the manga is the same since this happened:

quote:

Despite its success, the manga was never completed due to the unexpected death of the author in a house accident while she was moving to another house with her husband and son. However the manga series continued to be published with the permission of the artist's widower

There's also been three (3) Japanes live-action television series, a Thai one, and also a Korean version. And more on the way.

So maybe it's better than i think it is. :v:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Mentat Radnor posted:

:kimchi:

Yamada would make a very good avatar for some enterprising person who wants to clean this up and shrink it.

This probably needs a second pass, maybe some color, but here's my first crack at it for anyone interested.

OK OK!

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Another version, OK OK!

I'd like to use it but can't right now.

Jigoku San fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 10, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oh hey, Horimiya updated again.

Today, Miyamura is saved by coffee.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Robico's new manga finally got licensed! http://kodanshacomics.com/volume/precious-conversations-1/

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Baron Snow posted:

This probably needs a second pass, maybe some color, but here's my first crack at it for anyone interested.

OK OK!

I like this one best, very nice.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this new series, but I started reading AniTomo - My Brother's Friend recently. I really appreciate the effort the brother goes through to help his sister out.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, I brought that up a little while ago. It is cute and good.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

OK (OK!), I think I fixed the problem I was seeing.

EDIT:
Possible color pallet? Needs shading and tweaks obviously, certainly up for suggestions.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 12, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Color the lines using a Screen layer and make sure the mouth/tongue is a light pink? The hair and skin color are a bit too close, so maybe a faint gradient on the hair will help out with that.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
gardening gloves are usually beige

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Baron Snow posted:

EDIT:
Possible color pallet? Needs shading and tweaks obviously, certainly up for suggestions.

shadings overrated eurocolor that poo poo

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baron Snow posted:

EDIT:

These are real good.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If my avatar wasn't already perfect, I'd use that.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Baron Snow posted:

EDIT:

Awesome stuff! In my head her hat-ribbon thing is sky blue and her gloves are tan or brown. Mouth should certainly be some shade of pink.

Thanks for the effort, if no one buys one by Monday I'll probably break down and do it myself because drat it came out well.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Uh

did y'all just forget the anime

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Thanks all for the suggestions and kind words!

Terper posted:

Uh

I'm kinda behind on stuff, so uh, yeah I did. I'll fix both the colors AND not having seen it tonight.

DisDisDis posted:

eurocolor that poo poo

What do you mean by eurocolor?

EDIT: Just saw Mentat Radnor's post, the B&W one is done, but if you want color, let me fix a few things first!

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 12, 2017

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Baron Snow posted:

EDIT: Just saw Mentat Radnor's post, the B&W one is done, but if you want color, let me fix a few things first!

I change my color vote to:

Terper posted:

Uh

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Grey gloves >>>>>>>> white gloves

New Kaguya! And today, Kaguya realizes just how shallow she is.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Baron Snow posted:

What do you mean by eurocolor?

Uhhh it refers to European comic coloring which is usually all flat but I'm stupid and should have just said flat coloring lol

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Oh. Duh, like Tintin or something.

It may have problems on the edges, but...

edit: and a filled in mouth, which I personally think looks weird.

further edit: while looking for the anime, I found the mangaka's reaction on twitter to the PV for it, so here's that too, flipped for AV facing.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 14, 2017

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/seifuku-no-vampiress-lord-r20597

New Vampiress Lord, in which no one tries to pretend sucking blood isn't just necking

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

New Vampiress Lord, in which no one tries to pretend sucking blood isn't just necking

Finally, honest vampires

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Very good accidental confessions all around. :3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love Vampiress but I just noticed the artist really has something against lower lips and now it's going to bother me forever.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Baron Snow posted:

edit: and a filled in mouth, which I personally think looks weird.

Thanks so much, you even put in shadows and highlights! I also thought the mouth looked a bit off so I just lightened the pink and I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 15, 2017

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Sindai posted:

I love Vampiress but I just noticed the artist really has something against lower lips and now it's going to bother me forever.

Very good flustered faces, though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sun Jing is a shonen protagonist. :allears:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi/ch-131?id=366237

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sindai posted:

it's standard manga line mouth, they don't do top lips either.

Question for knowledgeable yaoi people, est em did this cool illustration of a guy in a skirt
but has she done any comics with guys in skirts?

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
I think she did that illustration for her appearance at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival (at least, they sold prints of it there). The manga released with it was the one-shot Carmen, which doesn't have guys in skirts, and I can't think of any of hers that do offhand.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
there should be more manga about guys in skirts imo

dresses too

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

there should be more manga about guys in skirts imo

dresses too

have you read The Rain in Monte Carlo?

also Pretty Wimps is a new one that just finished